[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

[quote=WaylonJennings]

No one has done this yet, but Vinh over at Skylumen has taken a Mateminco MT35 big thrower and swapped out the xhp35 for a xhp70.2 at 6,700 lumen and got 235kcd and 970 meters throw. The bigger the reflector, the better the throw.

I don’t think the GT will do 500k cd (1400 meters), though. Since we are driver limited to 5 Amps at 12v (about 6,000 lumen) I was predicting about 360 kcd (1200 meters). Who knows, maybe it will be 500kcd.

Video links:

I wonder who will be the first to swap the GT’s boost driver with a 6v or 12v FET driver and run the 70.2 at 8,500 to 9,000 lumen? That would be awesome!

G'Day Texas_Ace, the GT Team, and BLF'ers,

Could you Please tell me what is the maximum width/diameter & minimum height of the Battery Button Tops that will be OK for the BLF GT's battery holders?

I have some EVVA batteries that have Button Tops that are about 1 mm in height, and about 9.5 mm diameter, and I was wondering if they will fit in the BLF GT's battery holders?

Also I seem to recall seeing pictures of the final battery holder, but can't find them. Could someone Please point me to the pics?

Love to see the battery holders' details, and in particular the + and - battery contacts.

Thank you Very Much,

Best Regards,

George

Hi Neal

About shipping process for first 555 order. what your plan about it? Sent when xx order filled. Or waiting let say every 2 days?

….

Just curious, why did the team decide to start the order, if the item is not ready to ship yet?
About manual, box, etc…

Because Neal is leaving for 2 weeks around the 17th. So they are trying to do as much as possible before then.

V Plus Mr Scott’s answer below. V

The orders from the web page have to be checked against the list of $14 down payments. This cross checking will take some time. May as well start the cross checking now rather than waiting until everything is ready to ship. This gets us the lights sooner.

There were 2 versions of the battery carrier. The early one V1 had plastic ends and is disregarded. The current one V2 has metal ends and you can see pics in this post.

It looks just like Lumintops battery carrier from a couple years ago that they use on the SD75. I don’t know why they didn’t use thIS design from the start. Maybe they tried to save some money and failed? IDK.

Mr. Scott, southcove should be southcovekayak :wink:

Jeansy is one of the people who Neal said he didn’t know who he was after the emails to pay went out.

I’ve been reading this from the beginning and have a relevant (or irrelevant, depending) question.

DHL is typically a fast International shipping service carrying a package to it’s destination typically in 3 business days. If people that are ordering chose DHL, would it be this fast?

I ask because recently I paid $18 extra for DHL with kaidomain and it took them over a week to get the package to DHL, after which point it did move quickly. Just thought I’d ask about this as many will probably choose the DHL option on this light.

Thank you! I passed this on to Neal.

You’re welcome, I know him, talk to him almost daily… he doesn’t peruse the threads a lot these days though so I figured he’d miss that and definitely wouldn’t want to miss on this light. :slight_smile:

The GYRFALCON All-88 is a fine charger from what I read.

I basically divide the charger choices by charge rate.

If you want an 8 slot charger that can do 8x1A then the All-88 is a good choice. Another option is a pair of 4 slot Lii-500 which does 4 x 1A. It’s personal preference, really.

Then the other catagory would be chargers that can do 4 x 1.5A or 4 xx2A. I like fast chargers (since I stay nearby and monitor them) so I’m willing to pay a little more for that extra speed. I’ve got a Miboxer C4-12 on the way that has multiple charge rates. Including up to 4 x 3A for my 26650 cells.

Most 18650 cells can usually be safely charged at 1.5A.

The 30Q have a standard charge rate of 1.5A and a max charge rate of 4A.

The 35E has a standard charge rate of 1.7A and a max of 2A.

The LG MJ1 has a standard charge rate of 1.7A and a max of 3.4A.

Each battery model has its own spec sheet from the factory showing its data. You just have to Google for it.

Sticking with 1A charge rates on 18650 cells will maximize the battery life, if that’s important to you. I tend to push some of my batteries hard so I already know their life is a bit compromised.

Random question as I cannot find any info on it, will the light be shipped in a cardboard box or a small case? Also will the lights come with extra o-rings or other accessories like a shoulder strap or a large holster of some sort?

It’s a $100 light, you don’t get any accessories, if you want a case or strap or handle you buy it yourself.
There is a pic many pages ago of the cardboard box but it may still change a bit before shipping.

It was simply a question as a friend asked and I was already unsure, thank you for clarifying. Now to add onto that will a case or other accessories be available for separate purchase down the road?

Yes, it sounds like the TN40Svn Spec 1 for $350. That’s a bit different style of light, though. It has 4 xhp35 hi in decent sized reflectors. The GT is just one big reflector. You can’t really look at the lumens and think they will be equivalent.

If you look at the 70.2 in reflector lights and go up in reflector size you see the throw numbers increase.

My L6 (65mm) with 8,500 lumen = 830 meters. (I suspect a bad tail switch limiting output)
Mateminco MT35 (70mm) with 6,700 lumen = 970 meters.
GT (118mm) with 6,000 lumen = 1200 meters?

Ps.
You just know Vinh is going to do the 70.2 swap in the GT.

2 or 3 spare O-ring and Manual is what you should expect in cardboard box aprox 30x30cm

elrcpilot wrote:

Just wondered what chargers you all consider to be good ones for the Panasonic 35E batteries. I found this 8 port charger on the internet and wonder if anyone has any experience with it. I am thinking an 8 port charger would be good to charge all the batteries at once.

If you want a (simple easy) charge 8 cells at a time battery charger then get a - Nitecore Intellicharger i8. i just bought this charger,now i have around 12 different battery chargers because i have over 230 - 18650 batteries. The Nitecore Intellicharger i8 doesn't have any settings at all but is simple & easy to charge 8 cells & is a quality charger.

Its a little slow at 0.5 A with all 8 bays loaded. Haven’t read a full review on it yet.

Keep in mind this is a slower charger. It can do 4 x 1A or 8 x 0.5A. So if your charging 8 cells, it will take twice as long as the All-88 or twin pack of Lii-500 chargers.

Oops, xCentrino beat me to it. This thread was dead last night and earlier tonight and in the last few hours it’s moving so fast, I can’t keep up! Lol