Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

If I were you I’d cancel to get my money for expedited shipping back and order leaving shipping at the free option.
We are not likely to get an update on each of the two or three next batches of 500. Other then people saying that their back order is changed to shipped which tells us a new batch was ready.

Unless a person ordered in the first batch of 500 lights then it makes no sense to choose expedited shipping. People have to remember it is expedited SHIPPING- if the lights are not yet produced then faster shipping doesn’t do anything.

It was known at the beginning of this that there were 500 qty available at first, and all the rest would be in a second batch.

The free shipping included directly from Thorfire is already faster than ordinary free BangGood shipping, I would advise people still ordering now to just leave the shipping with the free option. You are already in the second batch, 1 or 2 days quicker (if at all) for faster shipping doesn’t matter when you will be waiting 3-4 weeks anyway.

Next GB would probably be better to only have one method of shipping to avoid these issues, as this type of pre-order/batching/direct shipping from manufacturer is a different scenario than just ordering something sitting in BangGood’s warehouse.

@ The Miller :

I could do that, but I placed my order as one of the first 50 so it would a bit of a setback to re-order and end up at the back of the line. Lets see if there is any progress by monday, if I cancel my order I don’t think I will re-order.

Why would you not re-order?

My apologies Terry, I somehow misread your post & had it in my mind you were looking for a way to do it. :person_facepalming:
Maybe the mind is the first thing to go…… :smiley:
My bad…. :slight_smile:

About the battery choice for the Q8: I’ve just commented in this thread: ([Q] About Liitokala 35A (NCR18650GA based) and other battery tips) on the Liitokala Lii-35A. I’ve ordered them as button top from Gearbest, but they are not! So be warned, they are not usable for the Q8 unless you want to solder.

Hello,

Thank you for writing me the Code for the Ordering, The Miller. I have Order all of my wanted 4 Q8s. It was so easy with your Instruction. Thanks so much that you all make that happen.

If there’s one thing this hobby has taught me, it’s to be patient after clicking that buy button.

Normally I’ll check in on the order a week or two after purchase to make sure it shipped and didn’t go to backorder and then I’ll set a reminder for 2 months down the road to recheck just in case it still hadn’t arrived by then… Then I focus on other things in my life and eventually it will probably get here.

Certainly makes the whole process less aggravating, tedious, and annoying.

Yes, it was sort of known there would be batches of 500, but the code should have been offered to the first 500 on the list(which I’m not), but not until the light was available. By batches, first, second, third 500 set of coupons.
I don’t mind being on the second, third, or fifth batch, It’s being charged for the item which is in back-ordered status. Once the item was put on sale, I was under the impression the BLF orders were available. It just wasn’t too clear. Paid for 3 lights I won’t see for 1 1/2 months.
BTW, The free shipping wasn’t any faster than what Banggood offers on other items.

No doable, not all of a group of 500 would order, so gaps needed filling in. nightmare to keep track of and send.
It has been a long wait, some are in luck and have to wait not much longer, for others it just is yet another few weeks in this one and half year process.
Luck for some is no right for all, just be happy for them and smile when reports of arrival come in, smiling is good for you :slight_smile:

I won’t be able to order for another week or so, hope they still have some at the rate they are selling :stuck_out_tongue:

It just wasn’t clear. Banggood dropped the ball by offering the pre-order simultaneously to the BLF group buy.
Not a matter of luck, it was a matter of clarity. Nevertheless, not really a big deal, It’s just a flashlight. Later.

You are already active there: Talk about future projects and donation topic - #125 by The_Miller
:slight_smile: thanks btw!

That seems odd because the picture BG has shows a top that looks exactly like a GA. The first picture showing the cell vertically shows a protruding contact plate on the Batt+ end, so should work fine in a Q8. Personally though, I never trust rewrapped cells, because they can change the under lying cell any time they want, and not update the specs.

Ohh - I see your tiny posted pics of them - yes, they don't match the BG pictures - that's bad.

Just ordered this thingy

looks handy

I got one of those in, have it on the Q8 proto. It's smaller than the ones I bought from Ali I posted pictures of, that I sanded down. It does fit without sanding/grinding, but it protrudes out quite a bit. I was gonna try grinding/sanding it down a little, but can't too much because there's no threads under the rubber washer. Under the washer, it looks like this one: https://www.banggood.com/14-Inch-Male-to-14-Inch-Female-Screw-Adapter-For-Camera-Tripod

Yeah i have already cancelled and re-ordered with free shipping, since the first 500 has probably already been shipped out and is currently out of stock. Oh well , that’s what we get for paying the fee for EXPEDITED shipping. Should have just gone with the free shipping option i guess? :person_facepalming:
EDIT: i don’t think before i type sometimes, the impatient side of me ended up cancelling the free shipping order and opting for the expedited again which is 5 dollars more than what it was :person_facepalming: Is it wrong that i just want to hold this beautiful work of art in my hand ASAP

I'm holding on til M4D M4X finds out what's going on with the shipping. The next batch won't happen til we hit 1500, and we are long away from that at 1238. Another day shouldn't matter.

I got 2,and both say back order . But hey we waited over a year for this a few more weeks won’t hurt .

Forgot to post, I ordered mine 2days ago. Thanks to the team for setting this all up.

The pre-order number: is the amount of lights or the amount of people who have ordered one or more lights? Could make a big difference.