Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Thought i was on the list but could not find myself. Please add me to the list thanks.

Cheers everybody!

Long time lurker want one. Please put me on the list…if it is still possible…

Welcome to BLF new members.
Cool you dedicate your first posts to the Q8
I will update the OP later.

Yes USB charging has been discussed and after seeing how a good brand did run into problems charging more cells in a light, possible waterproof issues and taking the tight price into account it was decided to stick to the basics and do that as good as possible. So no build in charging.
And to be honest in a lot of cases I could write “so that has to be a modding project” but idk if the head accommodates it or the tail for that matter. So I have no idea if this can be done as mod.

It could be modded in but an easy mod it would not be.

Ok, I just got done making a Texas Avenger version of the Q8 V5.1 driver.

Please Note that at this time it is NOT going to be used in the Q8. It is simply an optional mod that could be done to get some regulated modes.

TA46 - 46mm Q8 / Skyray King 4P Texas Avenger Driver

Ok, here is a 46mm Texas Avenger in SRK / Q8 Size. It is the same as a Q8 V5.1 driver except with the added bank of 7135’s and a slightly differnt pinout to match the rest of the Texas Avenger series.

All the pads are 0805, except the OTC / E-switch whch is 1812.

Full copper pour including nice heavy pour from the ground ring to under the MCU. This should help the internal tempreture sensor if it ends up being used.

It also has a zener even though it is useless for an e-switch light, simply because I can.

It has a total of 16 7135’s, 1 on the single channel and 15 on the bank. Total they are capable of regulated currents of 350mA - 6A depending on how many you install and if you use 350 or 380mA versions.

That should net you around 1800-2000 lumens of regulated power depending on the LED’s. Naturally the FET is there as well and can handle up to 50A.

OSHpark link : OSH Park ~

Ohh , I just ordered HQ's BLF SRK v3.2 driver... https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/40540/34. I like the file down tabs for generic use, plus the LDO, and all the flexible config options. So many designs around...

I replied to you in the Texas Avenger thread: Texas Avenger "TA" Driver series - Triple channel + Bistro or Narsil + Clicky or E-switch - The Ultimate open source driver!

Mostly because we tend to go way off topic lol.

Looks sweet.
But the pads for indicator led (or beacon) are gone here right?

And what does br mean? (The top right resistor pads)

Does Narsil run on this?

Hmm one of your 7xml2 SRKs with this driver and your tail PCB sounds pretty awesome TA thats for sure!

The R1 / R2 pads can be used for any mods you desire from indicator LED’s to external temp sensors.

Those pads can be made different but since they would only be used in the case of a mod at this point I think they work fine and allow a normal voltage divider to be used as well if desired.

Yes, TomE has a version of narsil for the Texas Avengers, this uses the same circuit / schematic as all the other TA drivers and as such should work great with it. I have not personally tested it though as I do not currently own any e-switch lights that are moddable. Well except for a DO1, which I am thinking about making a driver for next.

Here is a 2S2P or 4S version of the Q8 / SRK Texas Avenger

Once again, this is a mod option only, it is NOT going to be used in the Q8.

TA46S : 46mm Skyray King 2S2P or 4S XHP / MTG2 Driver

This is the same as the above driver except it comes setup for 2S2P and 4S setups.

It is a classic SRK driver but setup for 2S/4S 6V/12V LED’s (or 2/4 LED’s in series). So this is what you want for an XHP35 (although for an XHP35,be warned, they generally die very quickly if an FET is used) / XHP50 conversion.

The ring on the outside bottom is connected to the 1st cell positive to give the MCU 4.2V. The LED gets the full 2s or 4s voltage, this allows you to use the driver without an LDO or zener.

You will need to bridge the bottom side pads according to what setup you will be using 2s or 4s. I recommend just going 4s unless you need to do 2s for some reason. You can either just solder bridge across the pads or use 0 ohm 0805 resistors to bridge. Follow the silk screen on which pads to bridge.

You will also need to modify the tailcap PCB/setup so that the cells will be in the desired 2s2p or 4s setup and so cells can be installed from the rear of the light. Don’t forget install springs on the driver pads to keep from damaging the driver when dropping the batteries in, plus you then don’t need button top cells.

The 1st cell that conects to the ground pad on the driver needs to have it’s positive end connected to the flashlight body., then obiously match up the cells acording to what you are doing. Yes, this does require you think for yourself, this is an in depth mod, you need to understand what you are doing.

Otherwise it is the same as the rest of the drivers. It does not have a Bleeder resistor and the zener is useless.

OSHpark link : OSH Park ~

Lurker myself, but I’ve been following this post for awhile, figured I better hop in and ask to be added to the list for one!

Welcome to BLF!
nice.
Will update OP later.

From October first there is a Chinese holiday I think it is called ” Golden Week”
So no new input till that is over.
(It might slow down all orders that have not left China tomorrow idk)

Please can I add one light to my order (so three in total as I’m already on the list at 453 & 454). Regards, FP

I would like to be added to the list for 1 piece.

What is the target timing for finalized specs, first product samples, customer payment, and delivery of final product?

Cool, I’ll update OP list later.

Right now it is a Chinese holiday
Thorfire has received the driver prototype and after some explaining they seem to get it.
So next week we expect some updates on the first actual sample
Of course Tom is the one to receive that
And we go from there.
Sorry to say (and believe me I so want this to be in my hands :wink: ) were are not there but keep all we can here in this topic.

Put me on the list please.
Thought I joined already but it seems I did’t.

Hmm and I thought I already added you
JPLight does remind me if JPS cigarettes I used to buy way to much years back, sorry will correct it (tomorrow that is, off to bed now :wink: )

I’m interested. Put me on the list please. :wink:

Good decision :smiley: