Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

TA, you missed nothing, just some foul mouthed offensive gutter talk, with a insanely psychotic twist, written in poor, pre-juvenile grammar. Now, back to flashlights in hand…

It was foul?
I didn’t read it, just skimmed it. It was 100 lines of copy and paste jibber jabber nonsense from a person who just joined minutes before posting. I reported it as spam because it sure wasn’t flashlight related.

Yes. There were gender offensive and race offensive terms, as well as commonly foul curse/swear words.

I missed it, didn’t need to see it.

….just one more who made a wrong turn while flying low over the Cuckoo Nest

I immediately slammed the posts with "Rude!"s and "Mark as SPAM"s - figured that would be the quickest way. Thanks SB!

Darn it...

I missed out on the Rude SPAM!

It's a rare combination around these parts.

With PURPOSEFUL intent, BLF continues onward…

Well to be honest, some it was actually delusional hilarity. I honestly can’t figure out if it was semi-automatically generated or if some cuckoo actually took the time to type it all out. The weirdest thing is that it doesn’t seem to clearly meet any of the objectives of a normal spammer; there were a few links, but not a single theme or domain being repeated over and over like you usually see with spammers that try to pollute search engine results. It was mainly just a bunch of bizarre yelling IN ALL CAPS. For those who missed it, here are some of the clean parts:

Oh well. Hopefully this is the worst thing he does in this crazy world, I suppose there are much worse alternatives. Whatever floats his boat, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

I need advice for a SRK (4 leds) mod .

What leds should i use ? I’m thinking of using Xm-l2 U3 2A on DTP boards . A good choice i guess for 10$ . Any other suggestion ? A warmer tint would be great .

I have already assembled a Texas Avenger SRK driver to use , and i’m working on the heatsink .

If well heat sinked with DTP mcpcb’s then you have a wide range of options. If you want max output the xp-l2 will be your best bet. The 4000k 80cri LED’s are growing on me very quickly.

The XP-L V6 is another good option if you want a bit less tint shift but less output as well.

If you want some really nice tint you could try some 219C 90CRI, although limiting current could be an issue.

XP-L HI is a great option for a thrower. I have a quad with this setup and love it, great throw and hot spot with good output and tint. Great all around light. A lot like my L6 in a different form factor.

Basically I would go with an XP series LED over the XM, there are a lot more options.

That is unless you wanted to go with an xhp50.2 setup, that would be insane. I will most likely do that to a Q8 when they come out. Should be good for around 15k lumens.

Ha SB, thanks a man can’t even be sick and thus less online without missing a rare rude spam action :wink:

I have 2 stock original black 4X SRK’s still in the box and a 7X Sky Ray Kung (really super nice srk) that I plan on putting Nichia’s in one day?

You shouldn’t mention this to someone trying to mod a crappy SRK :smiley:

Sorry G! :smiley: IMHO Meh, the original SRK’s were so so, but compared to the crap-ola today, yeah I could see them being envied. The Kung’s are way nicer then the SRK’s ever were, machining and build quality was the best I have seen in any and all multi emitter beer can lights back then, people just couldn’t get over the name I guess! :smiley:

The SupFire M6 was the best built soup can light I ever modded.

Now I’m gonna have to look for a Kung, thanks so much Kawi! :stuck_out_tongue:

I got that gold 12X beauty, but will try to re-use the host with a 7X reflector, maybe even a 3X. Really liking the XPL2's, but haven't tried in an SRK yet. Wonder if a 3X-5X OP SRK reflector would be best for the XPL2's, but don't think an OP exists.

It is really strange you only managed 4k lumens out of that SRK. I have a similar build in a 7x and 8x SRK using the stock MCPCB and my custom shelf with left over XM-L2 pulled from other lights and they both make around 900-1000 lumens per LED with a TA driver (one of them might still be an FET+1).

Interesting I thought the Kung was a quad King.

Hers is a few threads on the KUNG 7X… SkyRay Kung 7x XM-L T6 - Brief Review Which Skyray King do I buy? 3-6-7-8 leds? skyray kung and kunger!!!

The ones that I had were Silver and a very light silvery Gun Metal Grey didn’t like the Gold! :smiley: