Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

teacher
I agree with him, or the height of the milled ribs must be even, or milling “a little bit” like the 4 ribs which are closer to the glass would be enough.

Worky worky :smiley:

Not happy, clicky clicky :smiley:

Would it be a problem at this point for TF to not machine the flat? One less machining operation… I know I wouldn’t gripe about that if I was the manufacturer. Me, I don’t care. If I want it on a tripod I’ll get it onto a tripod even if I have to use baling twine or duct tape.

What they said about flattening the tripod attachment area. From the photo, it seems as if there is a slope between the tripod hole and the front of the light. I may not be interpreting that correctly. Old eyes.

If there is going to be a tripod hole, I think the tripod base should have a contact area as wide as possible to distribute the lateral stress on the screw. Not a stack of “washer”. I don’t know how wide average tripod tops are. But someone with experience might want to take a look at this. I also noted a point that seemed to suggest the threads in the Q8 were square and tripods were not. If that is the case, it should not be done that way.

The sq’ threads referred to are the threads holding the light together, not the threads for the tripod.

I think we have been discussing the flat for the tripod in May 2016
It is what it is now, no changes on this planned.

So again:

Worky worky :smiley:

Not happy, clicky clicky :smiley:

OK, I understand now Dimking. I misunderstood what you wrote. So yeah, leave it round or cut down those other ribs you mentioned. Understood…. :slight_smile:

Wonky wonky :smiley:
The Miller, what light is in this picture? Ooooops, I should read more carefully. :wink:

Not happy, think you see a better way or noticed a potential problem… speakey speakey :smiley:

I havenot Seen the tripodholes in the pictures… And also the logo dissapeared.
But now, everything is fine.
For the next time, i like the manker mk41 tripod solution with the Adapter. If it is wornout, you can easy change.
I dont use a tripod for the light. The Manfrotto clamp is the put it anywhere and fix it ( boat, bike, tree,….) useage.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/546371-REG/Manfrotto_035_035_Super_Clamp_without.html

Crazy expensive in the states…

I think Banggood has a version of that. Yes, it’s not difficult to get on a tripod.

Hello Folks, is this available for purchase yet? If not I think it’s time to buy ANOTHER flashlight, while I wait

Still in the design/shakedown phase…

TheMiller is running the show… PM him….

I know it’s hard to tell whats going on, with 6000 posts, a majority of which are off-topic……

What about no tripod stand at all as it’s causing this much drama and hardly anyone will use it anyway?

“drama”?? … Are you serious??

Looking at it and comparing to other lights, it's much better than the MT07 for a flat surface, very, very close to the M6. The M6 has a slight rise at the knurling on the head, while the Q8 has the finning with only a slight rise. The SupFire L1 has a larger flat area that accomodates the tripod piece I have.

Clearly I'm not a photographer, but don't understand the point of why this ever so slight tilt is a problem for a flashlight.

No drama, nothing but a thang. Just one of those little nigglin details us OCD people fret about. I’ll never put it on a tripod anyway, and if I aim to I’ll make a QRP for it so it’ll snap into my RRS gear. :wink:

Better to have it and not use than need and not have. It’s a hefty enough light that having it mount able might prove convenient.

I like it.
OKAY. Very good.
Few tripods will have problems with this base.
Other options would be worse.
Leave it round = danger
All force to the screw, risk breakage.