Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

The Miller,
I agree, but my point is that single mode is not usable. I have to use Ni-MH because on 10440 it gets too hot to use after 30 seconds (i did put thermal compound between the led and base and between the base and the shell), and in 10 minutes it’s dead. If it had just one low mode (no blinkies, no whatever) it would have been great.

about a month ago the bigger/popular asia-based stores stopped shipping batteries to germany. Sellers on eBay or aliexpress still do, they probably just dont care for whatever reasons the other stores have to not send to germany (I guess it’s some stupid rules-are-rules/legal thing only german custom cares about)

Just saw this on the Banggood thread. Look for 2 pack 30Q’s button top in listing….looks like $10.22 for 2 cells.
30Q’s deal

Why not VTC6’s?
I got 4 for 19.99 at GB.

Oh boy reading this makes me wonder if the 30Qs from BG will arrive.

Dimking, link please :wink:

Asked M4DM4X to notify BG it probably is smart to stock a few 30Q button tops and have a code ready in the near future.

J-Dub74 also offered to get some deal going but to be honest linking the Q8 to cells in a deal seems tricky at best, complicating things and with all shipping restrictions I do not want to mix that up. All are expected to get their own cells (but pmming M4DM4X won’t hurt for sure!)

The Miller
It’s somewhere in that notorious gearbest dealz thread you can see on the main page every day :slight_smile:

Aha well a fast search on GB showed me these for $19,99 but no buttons

http://m.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_571930.html

Edit: GB adds ~$4 for shipping, I be content with the button top 30Qs for now :wink:

Currently out of stock , but i think they will be back in time for the Q8 .

The Miller,

It seems BG is the only store that sells button top 30q’s.
(I’ve bought a couple of them last year)

Does the Q8 need button top batteries?

Still thinking what it would cost to buy the Q8, since i would need a good four bay charger as well as 4 new 30Q’s or equivalent which will double the price of the investment

To change the direction of this topic
Can anyone recommend a good charger? I like the looks of the Xtar, but that won’t charge 4 cells simultaneously at more then 500mA

The Miller,
I dunno. It was like 2 weeks ago.

@Yokiamy

• LiitoKala Lii500 charger is a favorite of mine.

For the 30Qs in the link above, DON’T use the 4BLF code, use TORCHPRO. Yeah, I know it’s there in the ad (cursor W A Y down!) but for some reason I had 4BLF in my head.

Thanks for the tip, but that one is limited to 4x 500mA as well, any other suggestions?

That code doesnt seem to work for me.

No, the Lii500 does not have that limit.

The VTC6 that I have ordered from NKON work in my SolarStorm T4 without modification. It’s worth a try if the button top 30Q aren’t available when you need them. But to be honest I would buy the normal 30Qs, put a solder blob on top and save some money.

Yes, it needs button tops. Probable total cost for the Q8, four good cells and a good charger is $90, give or take a few dollars, but it will be one heck of a setup.

Yes, I just looked it up and it has a higher 4x1amp’ limit.

I might miss a thing, but the adapter specifications on BG says 2 Amps ?

The charger, of course, can be used for anything, but I plan to use the four button top cells exclusively in the Q8.

That’s what i would do too , just mentioned it for some people who hate solder blobs :confounded: