Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I think its cuz BG are batter able to handle such volume, it is after all one hell of a lot of flashlights that have to be shipped here and there in not time.
If it was just a handful of flashlights here and there i am sure thorfire could handle it just fine if they have their own outlet channel.

TF direct links to a few Amazon stores, BG is global and means one point of departure not distribution to 5 warehouses before orders I think

Please put me on the list for one more. (total of three)
Thanks

OK, bump me up from my present order for one — please change that to two (2) lights.

Momma told me not to buy a pig in a poke.
But this one is pedigreed …

Well, a few reasons for increased price:
1.) there will be (hopefully) a thousand happy campers extolling the virtue of this light and combined with the fact (i believe) that there is not another soda can light out there that can put out the lumens this light will at anywhere near the price. that will lead to a whatever the market will bear pricing. after the initial commercial run it can gradually float down to fair market value determined by cost and demand.

2) for discriminating buyers a deep dive into the light will be enough to justify a higher price.

and of course, that’s what I think will happen… :slight_smile:

+1 But we don't know the black arts of China marketing

A main reason for having J-Dub74 look at a proto is for an objective look from outside the team
Also there is no money at stake for us so our priority is not to hype and speed up things so the profits can come, no we want it to be good first and foremost.

During the start our napkin calculations made $40 about the price for making and sending a Q8.
The current SRK style lights for sale that are not complete rubbish per se are the $40 (ex) shipping M6 with one led less and a simpler driver and the $35 Ultrafire having no copper ledboard, less good leds and driver. I really hipd TF decides on something like $50 but wouldn’t be surprised if it is more. Again our not wanting money should help here for I know others have made “deals” for earnings to be paid for a long period, like a year, of course adding to eventual price

What? I never knew that! :open_mouth:

Yes well doing it like that sure has some advantages for nice profits does make things go much faster then what we opted to do, but this feels much cleaner for me and a true hobby :wink:

Hmmm……. me either. Suspected, but never knew. :wink:

It would be extremely helpful if people with the tools and drivers can test the latest Narsil for this is the moment bugs can be fixed. When in production it is too late…

A specific test procedure, step by step, would be a good checklist for people to have, if such exists.

Yes the manual has the different settings one can configure
In older Narsil versions what was written did not match, now it should so basically try the different config settings to see if they all do what they are supposed to be doing

The same as Teacher, I thought so too.
Which means it is another good time to thank Miller, Tom and the whole Q8 team for spending a lot of time and effort on this project, for all of us.

What is the exact version being used? Is an older driver (with voltage divider) a valid testing platform?

Giving feels good, doesn’t it? I’m tempted to get more than one Q8 for exactly the same reason… except I’ve already given away so many lights that I don’t really have people left to give something like this to. It’s certainly a good idea though, regardless.

There is a whole science of happiness, and giving (or “prosocial spending”) is one of the things they’ve found to be effective. It’s not the only happiness trick which applies to the Q8 though; another one is “savor anticipation” (but perhaps that one may be wearing thin after so long). And they also recommend we “prefer experiential purchases”, which applies through the experience of using the Q8 and interacting with others who are also interested in it. Don’t just leave it on display; go out and use it and be social about it.

Things like this can be genuinely happy-making, if done right. If anyone is interested in more details, this isn’t a bad place to start.

Exact version is NarsilM 1.0 - dedicated thread here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/45888

This is the current latest, not sure if there will be any tweaks prior to final production.

Edit: Ohhh, sorry - didn't understand why you were asking. Think you got an SRK driver I sent you that had the voltage dividers on them. You can dnld the latest NarsilM to that board - should work fine. Only thing is you won't get the lowest parasitic drain you can get because those voltage dividers will add some drain. If you got an iron, could simply remove the resistors. What I do is put a blob of solder on the iron tip and apply directly to the top of the resistor - either it comes right off attached to the tip, or loosens, in which case you can use tweezers to remove it while the solder is melted.

I've done a bunch of voltage divider removal jobs so far...

I just received 4 Samsung 30Q’s button tops from Fasttech.com. The buttons used are a bit more flat than the ones I received a couple of months a go from Banggood. The increased contact area might be better in a high drain light (too bad I don’t have tools to measure performance).

Any quick tips on how to remove spot welds from cells? Sandpaper? Dremel?