Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I usually clean off as much as possible with a pair of eletrical wire snips (the real ones, not the ones you find in the tool box) then just solder blob over them.

Do you mean broken spot welds that have sharp edges sticking up? I’d use a dremel on them.

Just a quick note… the smoke grenade pouches also work with a lanyard like the original SRK had. The drain hole at the bottom can be used as an attachment point for a paracord lanyard:

This may also keep the grommet from scratching the light, though I doubt that would happen anyway.

/\\\\\

Nice idea…. :+1:

Hi Miller,

Please add 1 for me, making 4 total.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

I like that TK. Do you get them at a military surplus?

LMGTFY: “smoke grenade pouch” surplus - Google Search

I hope someone does some shopping around and price comparisons.
Or maybe there’s also a Red Army surplus version that could be bundled with the flashlights? Just wishing …

Tom linked to a nice eBay deal anf the vendor got active in this thread, it is there (but where in this long thread :wink: ) search in thread sure will get results

In this post, ‘Tom E’ alerted us to some smoke grenade pouches he found from eBay seller (and fellow BLF’er) ‘wrabbitsurplus.’

I’ve bought six so far, and I’m very pleased with them.

Here’s a link to the eBay listing.

You should send a note with your order that you’d prefer the “longer” style pouch. They vary in length from about 4” to 5”.

Thanks goshdogit, saves me the searching :+1:

Walmart even has a assortment of pouches.
I don’t know how well they would fit.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Smoke-Grenade-Pouch-Single/37201943![](https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/20fb166a-e47c-46d9-9883-0183137df017_1.c08036dd3ea300f9e74b88389bab3e6e.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF)

that pouch posted by TK is fantastic IMO.

Blame Tom E. IIRC, he’s the one who discovered the smoke grenade pouches. :stuck_out_tongue:

They are a pretty much perfect fit though, and sturdy.

still, smoke grenade in combination with a powerfull l ion flashlight doesn feel right to me :slight_smile:

I wonder where are we at this stage concerning the reported spring choices, then de-lamination….

Come on The Miller: smoke shows are great fun… :smiling_imp:

I haven’t been here for ages and logged in looking for a new driver for my SkyRay Kings. Forget that…

Please put me down for 2

Cheers,

Jayson.

+1

For the springs Barry suggested phosfor-bronze springs and we emphasized that if he goes phosfor bronze it must be very good mechanical quality or else we rather have good steel springs (which is the safe choice).
The last thing we heard from Barry is that they were looking for a ledboard that can stand more heat. I answered that the Q8 ledboard does not get extensively hot compared to a DTP board in an average modern flashlight and that the boards used in the prototypes were particularly vulnerable to delamination, and so finding a good board must be doable.

We are waiting for Barry telling us that they found the right parts.

Whats about the company that we contacted for the Q8 mod ledboard? Would that be an option?

This could be the time to go with a dual footprint board XP and XM size (3V Leds) for the original Q8 ledboard . And the Mod board would be for 6V and 12V XHP Leds.