Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Yes a “preliminary sign up form”
Quantity:
BLF name:
Email address:
To be filled in

Behind the scene organiser gets a list or it is shown below the fields so it is clear for manufacturer that there is interest.
Being able to sort lists like Mr.Scotts program in case of things changing like in the GT development

Could be very helpful and save organisers a lot of time.
Downsides of course much less vivid threads, no new members to welcome, topics going away from view so less people see it and sign up. Less or no more friendly requests to be added that give a smile on my face or have a thanks team message.

I am sorry, but I no longer need this amazing flashlight. Please remove me from the list.

Alright, Ill start putting something together. In the interest of not muddying this thread I’ll create a new thread in off topic chatter or something for some constructive feedback.

Post 10048 illustrates that it would need the capability for the user to delete one or more lights from the list and also the ability to add additional lights.

Yes, The Miller, it would lack the personal touch. Maybe a “heads up” when someone is new and and only just put a light on order so as to give them a “Hi, how are you doing?”.

It is very nice of you!
I am seeing things that are not ideal to get things going and things that help when things are rolling.
Maybe best to to a PM with you, SB and Mr.Scott about it?

If it was integrated into the forum it could post an automatic post in the thread letting everyone know that they signed up. Best idea is to talk to SB before anything is done and see what he says.

We can always do an external setup but an integrated setup would be much more useful if he approved.

There also needs to be a notes section for each user, for example if someone needs special shipping or if they want to pick their LED tint ect.

I was thinking “shopping cart” style.

Anyway, I don’t want to turn this thread into something its not by derailing it. If anyone wants to participate I put up a new post in off-topic chatter. At The Miller’s suggestion I would be glad to have some PM conversations.

Group Buy / Group Manufacture List Organization

Heheh again, I really like the will and offer and see some good points in it, but I am not sure if I am all that happy with the idea.
It is best to talk to Mr.Scott and SB in PM or start a thread about it because for the above first sentence I am probably not the best person to be involved in it at this early idea stage :wink:
I do think it ought to be talked about and don’t want to stand in the way of progress that could come from it.

Great, thanks!

I’ve had good results with Rit’s DyeMore liquid in graphite.

Black isn’t available in the DyeMore line but graphite produces a deep, dark grey.

You want acid dyes for Nylon. Most dyes that would work on wool will work on Nylon, but may require more heat. You can add vinegar as an acid to a hot pot of water with dye and soak the pouch in it until the color holds. Dyes meant for cotton will barely work and you’ll end up with a pastel or very weak color.

Thank you, I’ll look into that.

Ideally things would be stored in a database (Oracle express is free and sufficient for something like this). Probably can do with a handful of tables:

1. member data table
  2. group buy master table
  3. manufacturer master
  4. group buy detail
  5. tables for capturing design info, development, etc

Once the database is up then it should be straightforward enough to include future buys in it. The web app could throw up some pages for initial member signup and then signing up for any buys that come up. Sorting, filtering, etc is just a matter of writing the SQL statements.

Is this at the stage where one should consider getting batteries or are we looking at a Christmas time line?
Also, are button tops the recommended batteries?

Gee, I hope it won’t be Christmas! The manufacturer has been given the go ahead to produce the lights.

There has been at least one group buy for cells, but there was also some discussion that the seller might have a package deal on cells.

There has been discussion through out the 10k posts re: the best cells. Samsung 30Q comes to mind for best performance and NRC 18650GA for longest charge life in use. Yes, button tops will work, but if I remember correctly solder blobbed cells performed better. If you want more than that use the search within the thread search function at the top of the page and wade through the what is sure to be hundreds of hits. Maybe someone will remember more than I did and add to this (or correct me if I’m wrong).

Don’t forget Sony VTC6 cells. It might be a moot point because they are a bit more expensive than the 30Q deals I’ve seen, but they’ll work well in this light.

BTW, I remember people asking if these lights would be ready LAST Christmastime…

:slight_smile: Yes, that did happen. The timeline was delivery in Nov’ in time for Christmas if I remember correctly. Things are much different now though, and the manufacturer would have a hard time justifying that sort of lag.

I had searched, and already own 18650 GA’s and 30Q flat tops. Just thought button tops would be a cleaner setup.

1st production batch is being made.

Great deal on 30Q BT's from freeme in the OP here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/46324. It's publicly posted so I'd say it's fair game.

But be warned: this is a one time use coupon code!! But $17.75 for 4 30Q BT's shipped is outstanding. I ordered 2 sets of 4 with this coupon code and got the 15% off of both sets.

I believe from my battery tests, VTC5A's solder tops did the best slightly, at first, but VTC6 solder tops don't drop as quick. Again, VTC6's are just slightly better than 30Q's relatively. GA's aren't bad, better runtimes because max amps is lower and capacity is higher.