Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

It also says, “Available on Pre-Order Stock due to arrive on October 10 2017”
Just in case people were wondering.

It also says, “Available on Pre-Order Stock due to arrive on October 10 2017”
Just in case people were wondering.

I’m gonna go to sleep now, don’t be sending the code until I wake up, ok? :laughing:

ditto, was going to stay up up but not feeling any games, youtube or movie.

Hahaha I went to bed relatively early ~23.30h
Woke up around 01. Some PMs , one of them from Mr.Scott needing approval for a text/layout change. While reading it he also send an email about it (half an hour after the PM was send) and of course the proposed text/layout was much better (as with the GT PM, second round was much clearer)
So it went to SB, who reported back there was some error, and Mr.Scott send in new files. But SB has not come back online.
Checked it tonight between 04 and 05 o clock.

Now I got Banggood asking how it goes, and saw a lot of new posts here.
Thanks for keeping it relaxed guys!
Sure glad I wrote that little text about the pm is done when you receive it. And just look at that last sentence, it must be the best sentence ever written in all its complexity and depth:
You will get the PM when the PM is send and that is when they have done it
I feel almost enclined to state that novels written after now ought to have it in order to be called great literature :smiley:

Time difference so I don’t expect the PM very soon, maybe in 8 to 10 hours but still hope it comes sooner, we’ll see.

In the mean time, interesting things Banggood posts, had not seen that, I was told it would be very fast the second run of 500 would be ready, and then the two latest with max a week in between.
But it might have to do with how many actually are pre ordered, if it is not close to 1500 it wouldn’t surprise me if they hold off making the last batch.
It is all very exciting for sure.

I can’t measure that, since I’m testing on a SRK with a relatively early Q8 prototype driver. It has no button LED.

However, DEL measured it at 0.14 mA, or about 9 years.

Nope cos The PREORDER button is now live I would assume the code WILL be sent while you’re asleep…. :smiley:

I’m hoping I’ll be awake when the PM goes out. I want to play with the indicator LED. :slight_smile:

(I know, I know… 6000 lumens of beautiful neutral white glory to gaze at, and I just want to play with the button.)

(I am never silly.)

The Q8 uses 2 leds in the switch which is about 0.30 milliamps plus the driver drain at about 0.04 milliamps. So about 0.35 total. A 0.50 milliamp drain with 4 3,000mah cells would last 2.7 years. With a lower 0.35 milliamp drain your talking well over 3 years with the indicator light on.

Obviously it’s good to keep the indicator light on so you always know when there is power. It makes it easier to tell when a battery tube turn has locked out the light. Also, you shouldn’t keep batteries in it for years. Take them out for long term storage.

But generally speaking, you shouldn’t need to worry about parasitic drain.

9 lights wanting CW so far.

Here I am keeping an eye on the forum updates, looking forward to any news on the Q8 front, and it ends up costing me more!

I mean, how can you say no to an F1 for $12?

As we say in South Africa - EISH!

Same here! I’ve been browsing Banggood and purchased a Lii-500 for $21.00. Now I’m hunting for pouches and other accessories for the Q8. :smiley:

Well while waiting on the PMs it seemed a good idea to test if the link and code work.
So I pre ordered 1 of my 2 with the correct code.
Got a red “no can’t do” warning for the code, had missed there was another item in cart selected. After de-selecting it the code worked and I could place the pre order.

@the miller :+1:

Quick send the codes now while the US is sleeping :smiley:

Who said I’m asleep? :open_mouth:
I’ve been here all night :smiling_imp:
I’m running out of juice to refresh.

I am numbered 10xx and 10xx+1, should I go back to sleep?

I'll repeat post #7350 from May 15th here:

I just confirmed the parasitic drain on the round #3 Q8:

• with switch LED on: 135 µA
  • with switch LED off: 22 µA

It really was a sanity check to confirm it still is the same as the earlier round 2 prototypes, and it does match exactly.

In switch Lock-Out mode, the switch LED is off. There's also a quick trick method to turn off the switch LED when the light is OFF:

• from OFF, press&hold til moon mode comes on (or hold longer)
  • then quickly release the switch, and quickly click to turn the light OFF
  • the switch LED should be off now even with the main LED off

To put it in perspective:

• 22 µA takes 5 years to drain 1,000 mAh, so with 4 3,000 mAh cells, it could last over 60 years, in theory of course
  • 135 µA with the switch LED on takes 10 months to drain 1,000 mAh, with 4 3,000 mAh cells, it could last over 10 years

Found an accessory that some might find useful: a compact pistol grip/tripod combo. Tempted to pick one up and give it a shot.

There’s also a china version
https://m.de.aliexpress.com/s/item/32809723369.html

The switch will end up at the top of the pistol shaped flashlight one becomes
Tripod for setting it in a position does makes sense, a way to carry it as a gun, weight unbalanced and needing a second hand to operate makes less sense then just holding it (the pistol grip also makes it no longer tail stand.