Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

That’s even less drain than I remembered. They must be using a bigger resistor than I thought.
135 µA (micro amps) is 0.135 millamps in case anyone was wondering. Over 10 years with indicator light on. :+1:

For anyone who wants a CW version, I think the best way to let Banggood know is to go to the Q8 page and create a new question asking if they will offer it in cool white and that you would like that option.

If several of these questions keep showing up, maybe they will look into offering it.

Thanks

That was one of the changes along the way: Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light - #7365 by Tom_E

Which is one of many reasons why this light will be well worth the long wait.

A Q8 with a choice of leds is nice of course, but atm that is the least of my worries, first and all I’d like to see 2000 fully functional flashlights that perform at least like the prototypes. Once that is settled I will be curious if / how Thorfire and Bangood will continue with the Q8 design. But being in the design team my perspective is a bit different of course.

Maybe just make a topic here and see how many instead of asking all to post it there?
So you can post 1 post with a number interested instead of all posting they want CW?

Gonna be messy and well if I had just placed a new item in my store that was made by a large group I would not be all that pleased if all of a sudden a whole bunch of posts asking for something else popped up. Just after adding it, when the shipping has not even started, knowing it can hurt sales of the new product.
I could even be a bit offended if I took a lot of financial risk to accomodate a group of enthusiasts and coming from that same group the signal was given it is not good enough and another version is asked for while nobody has the actual product in their hands yet.
I would be very surprised, knowing a lot of emphasis was put on the ability to mod the product with just such things a whole lot of people are now asking to be done by the factory.
I would not be happy knowing there are so much more LEDs out there then unspecified “CW” and start fearing somebody on a forum starts asking people to ask for their favorite LED as well, taking away even more attention from the product I had just invested a huge amount in.
Maybe I would expect the people of the group who helped create my new product to understand that if the huge investment I made evened out or even paid off this would create opportunities to build new versions on.

Lucky me, I don’t have a shop and I have not invested a lot of money in the Q8 :wink:

from banggoods anniversary sale:

4PCS Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh Unprotected Button Top 18650 Battery With Protected box (Afflink)

4PCS Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh Unprotected Button Top 18650 Battery With Protected box (NON-Afflink)
Price: $16.50
(due to box it ships in a lot of countries)

Why would you ever worry about it? It’s not the kind of thing anyone should worry about. I’m not even worried about it.

You humans baffle me. Lol

Wow, that is an impressive price.

(mic dropped)

Banggood not shipping to Malaysia now. Do u know why? :frowning:

Thanks, Martin!

I do not understand your point of view at all. I think TF would be thrilled with the attention it’s getting. Besides, I’m sure there will be dozens of non blf members asking BG for a CW version. That’s part of the reason they allow people to ask questions about the light/product. It’s no different that dozens of folks asking BG if the Thorfire S70 is available in NW.

So far it is just me and 5 others I think, so no big deal.

Don’t worry so much. Do you think the Ferrari designers get all worried if a customer asks for a custom paint color on the 488 they want to buy? No, they are just glad to sell an extra unit! Lol

Yes, good find! I don't even remember writing most of my posts, specially in this thread...

Many, maybe all, of the green LED's seem to be brighter than other colors, so green is a great color to use when concerned about amp draws. Maybe the use of 2 is even more efficient. Also, we removed the R1/R2 resistors, which further reduces the drain. I spent a good amount of time, with help on BLF, to get the parasitic drain as low as we can go. The Q8 switch LED is pretty darn bright, even after up'ing the resistor value. I like it as it is, but it's a bit too bright to be facing you on a night stand, least for me. I've kept one on my night stand, and I'll turn it away. Works great though to avoid stepping on the dog laying next to my bed when getting up in the middle of the night to check for a Q8 pm code email

I’m just waiting for my code.

Ferrari has the position to act how they do. They have had that position for a long time. Some would call it arrogance, and it brought a tractor manufacturer to start making his own sports cars becoming a huge succession his own.

This is our first project with Marunce and Swi.
Banggood is heavily invested and judging by the communication from them I can say they are nervously, anxiously excited.
Neal who did the previous BlF specials knows BLF, for Marunce and Swi it is new and they simply had to continue this Q8 project which was already getting big when they started their jobs.
For us(me) this is new and I am nervously excited for sure, it took a lot of time and energy getting here, how this goes can decide the fate of future projects.

I do not ask you to look at things in any other way then your own, I merely ask if you can start a topic for it and collect the CW requests instead of asking people to request it individually under the Q8 NW listing.

Nice, I just ordered. There was a $2.50 shipping fee to the US (maybe for the plastic box), but no big deal. Insurance was another $0.33. So $19.33 total. Most US sources don’t have the button top in stock.

EDIT: It seems BG automatically added Air Parcel for $2.50 when I chose free shipping. Hmmm, maybe it’s a requirement when it comes to shipping batteries?

Ferrari was just an example. What about the Lamborghini designers getting angry that a customer would request an orange interior color? Nah, they would say “Sure, that will be $xx,xxx amount extra”. Ha ha.

I’d gladly pay a little extra ($5) for CW.

I think once Marunce and Swi see that there are extra units to be sold at a slight up charge (better profits) they will not be upset. Maybe they will even do a few for the nichia guys (assuming they are an easy fit to the xpl pads, I’m not too familiar with nichias).

So no worries. I will wait and see.

I’m with The Miller on this one. It just seems like a Taylor Swift / Whats’is name VMA kind of thing:

“We at Thorfire and BangGood would like to announce this new light that we’ve been working on with BLF. A re-introduction of the classic SR…”
“Yo, BangGood, Thorfire. I’mma let you finnish, but Cool White is the bestest LED of all time. OF. ALL. TIME!”

Collect the information here, then in a couple weeks when the spotlight has faded and people are starting to get their lights and play with them - THEN give some feedback that other tints are desirable.

Perfect.