Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Ordered mine last night and it says “shipped” today! Thanks guys!

I think that you overrate the influence that the Q8 team has on what happens in China. The common way things went in the last year is that we ask things, then hear nothing for weeks, or months, and then suddenly without notice it is there, and different from how we asked it. That is precisely what happened here.

We even had no idea in what stage the production of the Q8 was, and have not seen any pictures of finished lights. and now a lot of Q8 lights appear shipped.

This GB for us civilians is a pleasant diversion from the slings and arrows of life. Not a race to be first. We are all just part of a large herd of flashlight enthusiasts getting our fix.

Ordered 1.
Thanks!

Received my code yesterday and ordered my two Q8s immediately, already got a shipping notice - WOW!
MANY MANY THANKS to everyone involved in this project - I really appreciate all your time and efforts!

K.

As of 2:53 AM 1004 Pre-orders.

Ordered and now for the difficult wait
Massive thanks to all the guys who spent so much time and effort in putting this together and steering this whole project for so long :slight_smile:
And thanks to all the supporters who helped answer everyones questions, calm peoples worries and made everyone smile :smiley:

already shipped —— wow

I don’t think anyone see’s it as a race. More like super ultra anticipation to finally get a hold of this light after a year and a half in the making.

For what it’s worth I didn’t get an email shipping notice, but when I logged into BG it does say that it has been shipped.

And as a side note, I think aff links for massive GB projects like this are a fantastic idea and only being able to order via aff link should be compulsory. The amount of work that must go in would be mind boggling and the people dedicating their knowledge and time towards making us lights like this should be rewarded in some small way. And when Miller says some proceeds will go towards Mrs Old Lumens (the late Justin’s wife) it just makes me so proud to be part of this community.

Keep up the hard work, cheers to the unsung hero’s of BLF :beer:

Doesn’t matter to me that I am a bit later in line - shipping from China is already long enough, so I usually forget about these lights and I get a nice surprise when the show up :smiley:

+1 well said

Wow, so it looks like in what, 14 hours or so, nearly 2/3 of the group buy total has already been ordered?

That is an awesome hit rate. It would be interesting to see the percentage 24 hours after the last PM was sent, which might have been hours later.

Probably some sort of record for an item which has such a niche interest group and although very cheap for what it is, is not an insignificant purchase for many of us.

I wonder what average group buy responses are like within 24 hours of launch.

Just think how many 30Q batteries were sold over this as well!

And in a few weeks the world’s power grids will see a dip in demand as BLF members everywhere start turning lights off everywhere they go.

Guess Banggood is probably shipping out by following the list on here and not by who ordered first , because I was one of the first to order but my order status says back order. I am about 1000+ on the list. If that is the case , oh no I won’t get to hold the Q8 in my hands before my confinement in the army camp for training.

Does anyone what the default mode order of the Q8 is?

Ramping

Not my experience. I was not one of the first 500 to order, and I was well over 1000 on the BLF list, but my Q8 was shipped a couple of hours ago. I have no idea how they are working it, but it seems unpredictable, in no way should I have made a first batch if there really was such a thing.

1000 orders now that is an achievement on its own. BLF :+1:

Now it is time for Q16 hell yeah!

In the interest of future projects with Thorfire, how do you think the process can be made faster and more efficient?

Do you think the biggest hurdle is the language barrier?

Is it the method in which information is sent back and forth?

Is it maybe the size of Thorfire’s staff? (Might be 40 machines and only 20 guys to run them and the business in general, I have no idea)

I hope we can do more collaborations with them, but over a shorter time from start to finish.

If it is not shipped yet,you could try using BG’s live chat,asking them to change to priority mail.I did it with another purchase.

If you look at the Narsil user manual it shows you all the defaults.

If your asking about mode sets, the default is 4 levels, from low to high with memory turned off. Which is decent, but I dont think many people will like mode sets, it’s really quirky.

Ramping mode, on the other hand, with memory turned on is the cats meow. :wink: :+1: