Rating: Dinodirect.com

..nearly 60 days after I ordered it, exactly 8 weeks from the date DD say it was shipped on 3rd Jan. I'm pleased, of course, and I immediately closed the dispute and sent them a 'thank you' email. I honestly have no wish to put a dampener on things, and I'd be happy enough to just tick this particular box and move on, but there are a couple of points that other readers of this thread might find relevant.

The first thing is that that the package arrived yesterday, the same day as I received the latest 'Resolution Centre' email from DD asking me to please inform them as soon as the package arrives. Previous to this, their last email had been on 13th Feb, in which I was asked to close the dispute and wait for the torch, which of course I politely declined to do. 15 days later the light arrives at the same time as their next email..

Not much in that, likely just a minor coincidence. But the date on the package is stamped as 2012. 02. 21:16. I don't know how Chinese post works regarding date stamps, and please correct me if I'm wrong here, but it would seem to be a February postmark (02), suggesting that the package couldn't have been sent on Jan 3rd, which in turn suggests that this is a replacement item. If so, fair enough, but why not just tell me a replacement is on it's way?

I can think of at least half a dozen questions about this transaction that I'd dearly like answered: Is this a replacement? If so, why wasn't I told? Or, if it IS the original package, how come the '02' date stamp? How does it take so much longer to receive items direct from Chinese sellers than when I buy from other Chinese sellers via Ebay? Would this light have still arrived if I'd closed the dispute when DD asked me to? Etc etc..

But the bottom line is that, so far, I'm happy with the torch and the fact that I finally have what I paid for. It was a tedious business, but in truth, I've received far worse customer care from domestic companies based here in my home town. Even when I'm peeved at a seller, I never forget that they only have our word for it that an item 'still hasn't arrived' (assuming they actually sent it in the first place). For all any of them know, we could be happily playing with our new toy even as we write to complain that we haven't received it.

So yes, on this showing, I would buy again from DD. Summer, if you read this, my thanks to DD for finally sorting the issue (however it was done). As so many others have said, just be straight with customers about what's in stock, and when it's likely to be sent, and you'll find most of us will wait patiently enough provided we know that we'll get what we ordered eventually. And please stop asking that customers close Paypal disputes BEFORE they get a replacement or a refund. None of us will do that, and the fact that we're asked to makes us deeply suspicious. I honestly think I speak for all BLF members when I say that if DD refund anyone for an item which then subsequently arrives AFTER a refund is made, we would all inform you and repay the refund immediately. We all value trust, and we all realise that it has to work both ways..

Definitely agree, and I've done so a couple of times before with other sellers (eBay sellers and BuyInCoins).

Not all unfortunately.

Hm, I think we're on the same wavelength here, but just to clarify, I meant the "date stamp" as in the postmark date, applied by some sort of 'stamping' (printing) machine, or like how a passport is 'stamped', not the kind of stamp that is stuck on the packet to pay the postage. I should have been clearer. Do you mean that none of your DD packages have a date printed on them? I don't think I've ever actually thought to check for this before now, but I know that packets I've had from other sellers are date-stamped; I have one in front of me now..

Kreisler:

Interesting. Wonder if this 'date-less' posting varies from country to country? Or, possibly, they use different levels of shipping service. Usually the cheapest (free to us), which takes ages, doesn't date-stamp packages, and is a sloppier service involving a lot of pot luck. Then, if an item doessn't arrive and the buyer opens a dispute, they upgrade to a better postal service (probably dearer) to send a replacement, which dates the packages and gets them to their destination a lot quicker. If my 504b is in fact a replacement, it could have been sent just a couple of weeks ago. Would also explain the date marked package from more efficient shipping service. Just a thought.

I see only one time/date stamp on my DD envelopes - one by our local post office. So if your 2012. 02. 21:16 date stamp isn't in Chinese it is probably the date your post office received or processed your package. That would explain why they said it shipped Jan 3, because it actually did.

But you should have figured that out if you received a lot of Chinese packages already.

Same here for me none of my DD package had stamps on it.

Great news lensman that you received the items that you ordered, I'm still waiting for items ordered from other companies from the 27th Dec to 5th Jan. This gives me great hope that I will receive them

same here no dates, DD have the permit No 4708 so prepay and selfprint the codes andy barcodes

probably the date is from customs or local post

Yes you may. Thank you.

Yep, just like every time I make an online purchase. I speculate if I'll get my item, if it'll be what I ordered, if it'll be working properly..

@ Leelou: The date was in English (properly called Arabic) numerals, but these are surrounded by Chinese characters. Definitely not a British postmark. Could be a customs stamp, don't know.
"But you should have figured that out if you received a lot of Chinese packages already."
Never had cause to take note before. Once an item arrives I tend to lose interest in the envelope.

same here but i know guys that forget the item and start to collect stickers and holograms.. can you believe it? :Sp

anyway if kreisler said no dates on DD's envelop, I bet my mom, he have no dates on it 8)

Yes, I'm not doubting him. Another torch arrived today from Chinese Ebay seller Ultrapire. This envelope also has a date stamped on it, 2012. 02. 18.19, surrounded by some Chinese characters, exactly like on the DD package. The date is actually stamped on a sticker, which could have been added to the envelope at any point on its journey. Maybe it depends on which country a package is addressed to.

ok. My klarus P2A arrived today after being shipped on 14/2

ME! I ordered a light and holster about 45 days ago with lots of coupons, and it's a no-show.

Paypal claim opened in time ;).

I noticed Summer's avatar with the kitty (hung by the ears) on a clothes hanger.

I wonder who is really getting hung-out to dry, here?

@esrevenge: "I placed a low dollar order for a DD PowerLight, its like a cheap AA light that cost 2-3$, and I ordered some other cheap stuff too, around Jan5th."

Same thing's happened to me, also with KD. But both times, when I checked back through Paypal weeks later, it showed I'd never actually been charged. No idea if something went wrong at checkout, or if they never charged me because the items were out of stock.

How many others have got their klarus p2a? I ordered late january and it was shipped 14/02. It's very close to 45 days so might have to open a dispute to give an extra 20 days

I ordered another flashlight in the beginning of January and according to DD it was shipped a few days later. I am still waiting for that flashlight and I have opened a dispute which it looks like will be escalated to a claim.

I would recommend opening a dispute, you can always close it if you get the light within the next 20 days. After 45 days and by not opening a dispute you're at the mercy of the seller.

Received 10 or 12 more orderes from DD, I don't count them any more, shipping time varies from two to 5 weeks, every single piece works fine, most of lights and accesoires are just very very nice. So far I see nothing, but excellent service. Someone can say: wait till you get in trouble, and we'll see, what you say than. I am ready for it, and no, I will not get dissapointed. To give us products at prices this low, DD have to handle a very large number of orders with minimum staff, dealing with large inventory. Errors must be expected.