Rating: FastTech.com

You mean Vape tech….

I hesitate to buy any more from them with all the negatives I've read in the past year. Definitely wouldn't even try this time of the year. J)

Never had a problem with them in terms of price, quality and speed.

A SanRenMu 2112SUX-LR ordered 22nd November, delivered on 2nd December, via Swiss Post.

Just ordered some drivers from them :stuck_out_tongue:
I use them now and then, occasionally (about every second or third order) there are some problems like missing small items or something like that but they always fix that very fast so I am actually never on loss if you don’t count time to order and deliver something again. Pity they cannot ship li-ion cells to me :frowning:

They do well by me. In 2014 I placed 10 separate orders for a total QTY=46 of items (eg including multiples of the same SKU). Nothing has been missing, the only problem I’ve encountered is the one I mentioned here: New 105D. replacing Nanjg-105c @ FT? (no stars!)

I don’t spend a lot of money there, but if they had a good price on an expensive item which I wanted I can’t imagine that I’d be concerned about ordering it from them.

As far as batteries are concerned, I give them 0 out of 5 stars. As I mentioned in my other rant/post, it’s been 52 days since they shipped my 14500’s/18650’s and it took them 2 days to ship after I ordered. I was told, after I opened a ticket that it takes 45-60 days for batteries. That is a ridiculous amount of time and I’ve ordered batteries from other companies in that part of the world that took three weeks and usually less to be delivered.

I give them a 0 as I haven’t even gotten the batteries after nearly two months.

This was the first time I ordered from FT and it will definitely be the last. No sense ordering something from them that can be ordered from someone else that gets it into my hands in a timely fashion.

Only 10 days! From what warehouse was it sent from and what was the shipping option used?

@8steve88: How do you like that knife? I have one on order as it appears carry legal in Denmark. And I like that shape of blade in small utility knives (drop point? Yes?? LOL - I hardly know any terms about knives in english. I buy a little cheap knife when the last one is worn out. I never do research about it - just buy what I like to look at at the time really. Must sound demented to you knife afficionados)

FWIW, and I know this doesn’t fix your problems: FT was always speedy with batteries before the shipping restrictions started. After that they dabbled with some of the “tricks” other sellers were using, but based on the small amount of commentary they provided it was fairly clear that they wanted to comply with the rules rather than flaunt them. It didn’t take long before they stopped attempting to use airmail. I have not ordered batteries from FT since they started using surface shipping, but as far as I know they are shipping cells the “honest” way and it is slow.

+1
I would say it is not their fault, li-ion cells become a very problematic goods for shipping after restriction from china government, in fact you guys from US are lucky ones, you still can order cells from China, I am from Europe and none of the usual retailers like FT, GB, BG, DX … does not ship li-ion cells to me at all, I can only buy them from EU shop where the price is at least 50% higher.
Try ordering something other than batteries and you will see they are OK.

I appreciate the replies gentlemen. :slight_smile:

Purchased a few Convoys during their big clearance sale (free ship via China post): Ordered Jan 29th, delivered Feb 20th (~22 days)
Purchased some AA & AAA lights during CNY week (free ship via Singapore Post): Ordered Feb 21st, delivered March 14th (~21 days)
Purchased Sanrenmu 9063 thanks to 8steve88’s review ($0.44 USPS First-Class w/DC via Hong Kong Post): Ordered March 17th, delivered March 27th (10 days!)

I cannot comment on customer service, since I have not needed it thus far.
So far, I’m please with the time from click-to-door considering where they’re coming from.

I have just put in my second Fast Tech order that includes a flashlight, battery and charger combo. On my first order with Fasttech I opted for the USPS expedited shipment service since my order included two flashlights each with a battery. Since my order was over $20 it didn’t cost me anything for this service. But some of the other parts were delaying shipment so I asked them to partial ship my order and the two flashlights and batteries were shipped. It took 11 days to reach me in Massachusetts. I don’t know who carried it from China to US but it took about 8 days to arrive in NY airport. I got DHL tracking to recognize order after 2 days from shipment email. But then tracking went dark for 6 days before they showed it arrived in US. After that it was quite easy and showed each step as DHL drove it to Massachusetts from NY and then gave it to USPS for delivery. I wanted the remaining part of my first order to also have tracking so I paid an extra $1.65 and the second part of the order shipped a few days later and came by the same route and took 12 days to get to me. The second package seemed to get stuck in the hand off between DHL and USPS because it didn’t move and USPS didn’t acknowledge receiving package. I sent in an Email to DHL which they didn’t acknowledge but then the package started to move again and I got it two days later.

When trying to determine some issues about the products and their availability I had to email Customer service. Each email took a day to get a reply (because of time difference) and then a reply back from me so it took about a week to get all the info I needed just because of the time delay. But the customer service agents seemed helpful.

So all in all it was slightly painful but all the products showed up as described and in 12 calendar days which I guess isn’t too bad all things considered. The second order also has a flashlight/battery combo and seems to be tracing the same pettern.

Still waiting for two orders from FastTech, ordered before other already-received orders also shipped from East Asia. I inquired about their usual timeframe ETA, and was sent links to photos of the alleged packages shipped to me. Uh, what? That’s not what I asked for, just information. I’ll be patient for a bit longer, but if there’s any fuss, claiming the photos of the alleged packages “prove” anything, I’ll send them a photo of an envelope addressed to them with a $100 bill in it, and ask for a refund of that money, just to make a point. LOL.

They usually include a photo of the package in my “My Order” page. Actually helps so when the mailman shows up in his little truck and can’t find my package I can tell him exactly what it looks like. So when I tell him it’s a small manila envelope and he thens pulls out every white package no matter the size. So I had to eventually find the package.

It would be cool if the only purpose was to help you recognize it, but my impression is that it’s alleged to be “proof” it was sent (and by extension, a waiver of their liability).

I don’t think the photo of the package is intended to act as a waiver of the vendor’s liability, for they cannot use it as such when the package gets lost in the first place.

I assume you are relatively new to ordering from Chinese vendors in China, so better be prepared from a fast delivery of 10 days and up to a ‘normal’ of 3 to 4 or even 5 weeks, and sometimes teetering on Paypal window maximum.

These big vendors (BG, GB, FT and some other major players) have been around for a while and are into online business in a big way and for the long haul, the last thing that want to happen is an unusually long shipping time on flat-rate, economy, free shipping service, of which they have literally no control once the package leave their hands.

What would be the point then?

This is how it was worded in a recent response:

“Please be assured that your package is on its way to you. You can find a snapshot of your package when it left our facility here.”

Combined with the attempt to pass the buck of responsibility to the customer (“you should buy insurance to protect us”), there appears to be a different focus than “customer first.”

You assume wrong. I’ve been buying from East Asia/China on eBay for many years. Only recently have I started to venture onto the Chinese-based sales sites. I know the patterns of mail from China, and most are not problems with China Post or the USPS, but sellers not doing what they should be doing.

I guess my inquiry was based on the possibility the parcels “hadn’t left their hands” when claimed.

Such as? I’m not throwing doubts at you, I’m genuinely wanting to know what they should do differently.

Thus far I’ve never missed getting a package from FT, knock on wood. Sometimes takes forever, but I kind of expect that going in.