Rating: Manafont.com [OUT OF BUSINESS]

Well, what's in it for God's sake? I've been waiting since September!

Several days ago I discovered that Manafont sales my favorite bike-light but with 4 modes, finally I thought, I can get "rid of" that useless strobe mod and + it has real MID mod, not just ultra-HIGH and kind-of-crapy-LO modes, talking about this light.

I was so excited when i started reading this thread, everything was great and then, last 2 pages, disappointing... I'm not thrilled at all with the idea that I have to wait more than a month to get the package!!!

Don't know what to do and where to get this particular light!!!

A few questions for those who have experience with MF:

- do they support payments via credit card (can't use PayPall, Serbia doesn't yet support this method of payment )

- can I ask them via Live Support is that particular product in stock and available for shipping, is the information they give me trustworthy, can I trust them because I try to ask DX prior to ordering stuff and the information they gave me was 50% incorrect

thanks

I got my package in today...edit: 64 days from ordering..to be fair manafont did ship when they said they did..no clue why it took this long to get to me, but glad it's finally here..next time I order from manafont i'll add the 2$ to track it..

when did you receive it?

( my little Manafont package was marked as "sent" on 2012-02-14 and hasnt reached me yet, argh )

@Sirius: When manafont lists is as "in stock", they have it. They dont fake "shipment sent" and such. I think you should add the 2$ for tracking and hope for the best. Or try to find your light on CNQG or KD, I ordered from each with registered air mail and it took about 2 weeks.

@kreisler: 30.03

i finally got my last pending order. Who came in last? Manafont!! Here the stats: [quote]

• ordered: 2012-02-13
  • dispatched: 2012-02-14
  • post stamped: 2012-03-12
  • received: 2012-04-20
  • ever thought of paypal dispute/claim: no. never. but i did contact Audrey after 2.0months who offered a FREE replacement item to be included in my next MF order. she asked me to pay for Registered Airmail then.
  • contents: bada$$ UF swivel holsta
  • customer status with this transaction: great product, waiting time inacceptable, i regret having ordered this particular item from MF. there are MANY ebay offerings of the identical product for 1$ more. ebay has buyer protection and ships faster. my advice: if you can get the item from a Ch*nese ebay seller, then buy it from ebay. AVOID Manafont whenever you can. [/quote]

i am assuming that MF had to backorder it. or how does one explain that the post stamp is 1.0 month later than their "shipped date"? i am glad that i am done with DX and MF and DD. In future i am going to buy more stuff from DD (i4 V2, e09 V3) and i will avoid DX and MF whenever possible.

i've waited 2.5months for a 5.80$ item, how crazy can i bee?

Post stamp can also be due to delay. I guess those large companies throw all their packages in one large container and send it to the post office where it might eventually be handeled one day or another.. registered air mail seems to be another story.

You cant spell "German" without "crazy".

30+ orders. Always received what I paid for unlike DD/DX. Only problem was one dud sipik 68 out of 9 purchased. Still waiting to sort it out. Hopefully will get a credit soon. Never wait more than 3 weeks usually to receive the goods.

thx NightCrawl.

good to know that some other German boardie experiences the same problem of delays, and yes, Registered Letter seems a truely different story.

Manfont used to be great but my last two orders have been slow. Still waiting on one. Might see what Paypal can do and just order from someone who can actually something you pay for. Nothing should take more than 1-2 months. If it does, they need to find a new way to do business.

MF did the fake shipment trick on my SRM 710. A week after I got the notice it shipped it wasn't in stock? A month later I asked for the black 710 instead and got that after a month longer. I've still got the TR-1200 with the split head - Jim says I can pay to ship it back to Hong Kong.

I hope that the order I just placed goes out quickly.Undecided

Since my DX fiasco, I always prep, by sending an email first, with what I want to order and ask for verification that the items are actually in stock. This is my first Manafont order and I emailed Jim first. It took 2 days for the reply, but he did reply and said he had the items and he would ship them within 3 working days of placing the order. I ordered today, so hopefully I will see it ship by the end of this week. If I don't, I will email daily till I get a proper reply (squeeky wheel).

I'm hoping they ship and travel quickly. I ordered about a dozen lights, to do mods on. All of them "budget" $10 or less and they will all get T6 leds in them. Manafont was the lowest price I found on all of them.

Shipped on April 25th. Arrived Today! Everything was there, as it was supposed to be. One item backordered, but they emailed me about that and I ordered something in it's place.

For my first order with this seller, I am very happy. They shipped out quickly and got the right stuff to me.

Good for you! I'm still waiting on my order from 3-18.

Ordered: 10.03

Dispatched: 10.03

Post stamp: 23.03

Arrived: 09.05

Tho I dont know how much delay there was in german customs. Could be 1-2 weeks.

horror, dude. Horror!!

Ya.. still waiting for my H3. I dont think I'll ever order from MF again. They are trustable (time for paypal claim was over looong time ago) but 2 months.. no way.

Same day shipping for my TF batteries. Impressive

3 orders ago 5 weeks. The last 2 orders 17 days.

We are in the middle of week 11 now and no trace of my UF-H3. I asked for a refund and thats when the communication ended…