Rating: Manafont.com [OUT OF BUSINESS]

I put in an order for the fenix clone on the 9th of June.

They shipped it on the 11th June.

I sent them an email to state that I did not receive it 3 weeks from shipping. I also got the same email. I thought that i should have got the $2 tracking.

I received it on the 11th July. Thank god. They always ship the lights. I’m still not going to pay for tracking. Tracking should be included in the price.

nope, have to disagree with you. They dont always ship the light. Let me articulate a bit here. Manafont may
ship a light but not to the customer that ordered it and paid for tracking service.

I ordered a knife at Manafont in May (16th).
Today is 20th of July and I do not have my knife.
But Manafon has my money !

I sent them….6 or 8 or 9 emails, I lost count.

ALL THEY DO IS REPLY WITH PRE-WRITTEN EMAILS. AND TELL YOU YOU SHOULD HAVE PAID FOR INSURANCE.

I want my money back, there is no way I will receive my knife after so long time.

THIS IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS !!!

THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS COMPANY TO BUY FROM !

TITLE SHOULD BE CHANGED TO !!! MANAFONT NOT RECOMMENDED !!!

They are never ever gonna give you your money back. Not even if hell froze.

But you can still be positive, I received my order after 3 months. So, just like they say: be patient.

I know.. I wont order from MF again. Hell, even DX did better.

Placed my first order yesterday, if the emails are to be believed it shipped in about 8 hours.

Welcome aboard, eddylomax!

I’ve been ordering stuff from Manafont and never had any bad experience ordering from them.

Not the cheapest but at least they finally have free registered mail for a minimum $20 purchase.

Yes, my experience has always been good, until something goes wrong. Then you are screwed. And thats what I base my ratings on.

What bout fake eneloops I read about in the forum.
Have they answered about that?

welcome to the forum eddylomax!

btw, nice first post. we used to see similar first posts from paid co-workers (DX, DD, KD, Tmart, ebay, ..) who tried to bad-mouth their competition, here: MF ;) How about paypal dispute? If communication with sellers is lacking, i'd file a PP dispute after 40 days. but you are right, my e-mail experience with them was bad too. "you should have paid for insurance" .. i often heard that from them!! my longest MF wait was 2.5months.

I had ordered several times before, so I trusted them to sort it out to my satisfaction.. bullsh*t, if I ever have to order from MF again, I wont hesitate to file a dispute.

@kreisler: I waited 3 months. You just lost the game.

+ 1 ;)

Thanks to NightCrawl i filed a PP dispute a day before my buyers protection was up…

Oh, check your Login’s at Manafont. I believe i was banned.lol I can live with that.

Should make a nice banner ” Banned from Manafont….F MF !”

!!

Sorry , but I am NOT paid by competition !!!
I have had a few bad XP with other merchants, but I have always found a solution with them. Even DX lol !
I once had doubt about TOMTOP (never received item, asked them, they said they sent it back but never received supposed second parcel. But at least there was a real discussion…).

It is too late for Paypal dispute, I first wrote Manafont before it was too late but they told me to wait…And yes, I was a dumbass and trusted them. How stupid of me, I know !

Just after I placed a recent order, including a Ultrafire 980L ($42) I noticed that Dino Direct is having an Anniversary Sale and their 980L is only $24.69!!

Their Live Chat was off-line at that time so I e-mailed them asking if they could match the price … got no reply within a couple of days, so I e-mailed again … still no reply.

I then just got hold of them on Live Chat, asked them the question, then within a minute of asking they cut off my session and signed off!!

WTF?? There’s nothing wrong in asking for a price match … at least tell me “yes” or “no”, and not ignore the question! Very poor customer service in this regard.

I haven’t had any other problems yet (such as faulty products etc) from them so it’ll be interesting to see what happens when I do …

To cut a very long saga short.

I bought an item from MF as a present for my son. We had had it for awhile before we went to fit it. The item in question when we eventually went to fit it was missing a socket to make it work. On sending emails and pictures and dealing with both Jim and Audrey at different times they asked to send the offending item back to them at my own expence, against my better judgement I sent the faulty part of the item back to MF at my own expense which was not to far of the purchase price of the item. Eventually the part was confirmed to be faulty and an offer of refund or another item was offered. I have taken up the offer of another item to be sent out and my postage costs have been given to me in a credit to the store as requested by me.

Everything that happenened over many emails was at times extremely frustrating as they were asking me to send the item back at my own expence. I kept my patience and did what they wanted, politely persisted and the outcome could not of been better. I just hope what I recieve now is a good product.

2 orders placed, 2 items recieved about 15 days later for first that was registered 24 days later for second item that was unregistered, came in nicely bubble wrapped envelope. So far they have been faster than DX or KD

@ Eddylomax, how are knife laws in France? Maybe its been held at customs

I have had only the best of luck with them. I think the frustration some of you are feeling is the fault of a language barrier and some bad customer service reps. Every company has them. I think the best thing to do is to contact Jim and not send general emails. Fact is, every company drops the ball sometimes.