[Review] Wurkkos FC11 - 18650 EDC with USB-C

It can be reactivated straight after though as many times as you want

The Sofirn C8G and S11 both step down at only 30 seconds

Yes. Mine recharges c-c with an anker charger.

Thanks. And yes, one of the updates was to allow for charging with a C to C cord.

Turbo safety: don’t point the beam in anyone’s eyes. It steps down fast enough that heat isn’t a big concern.

Unprotected batteries: the best thing they could do is just leave the batteries in the flashlights, using the built-in charging. The biggest concern is if they were to take the battery out and accidentally short it on a piece of metal. Protected batteries also have over voltage (charging too high) and under voltage (discharging too low) protection but the flashlight’s built-in low voltage protection and decent charging system already take care of these concerns.

No, it might just get warm (borderline hot) to the touch if you keep doing it. To get to the point of frying internals, fire, and explosion you’d probably have to stick it in an excessively hot environment. Though of course the usual lithium-ion safety precautions apply, as they do to any lithium-ion device.

Fun fact: You can bypass the ATP (if there’s one) and use it plug in. I tried it with stepped mode High. It will reach 75c on the head and the battery will be around 50c.
After I remove the cable, it will still operate at High without step down until battery voltage sag. Once I plug the cable in again it will be back at full High power and the temperature.

Hi. If someone have a info about the latest color FC11 variant if it still there timed step down?

Tested red FC11 with LH351D 4000K:

- level 4/5 - gradual step down to 45% of initial brightness starts after 5 minutes

• level 5/5 - gradual step down to 25% of initial brightness starts after 1 minute.

Personally, I find timed step down quite useful because they are always predictable. The time IMO is also good match for this host. It’s warm but not insanely hot (with fresh battery) when the step down starts.

1 Thank

Thanks for your tests g_damian!

Did you ever got around to doing anything with this? Interested.

Five months later: Just found this review. Good job.

This flashlight ticks a lot of boxes for me: Good emitter, copper MCPCB, CCT 5000K, 90-CRI, good UI, rechargeable, low-voltage protection, and more.

There are two things I noted in this review that I don't like. The first is the protruding switch. It's not ideal, but I could live with it. I'd probably lock it out by loosening the tail cap.

Unfortunately, the other thing is a deal-breaker for me. It's the FET driver. The best thing about FETs is also the worst. I'm talking about their direct drive nature. When your battery is fully charged, you get the highest possible output, but as the battery fades, so does output.

I have a strong preference for flat runtime charts, and the predictable output they provide, so I would prefer that the Wurkkos FC11 used a fully regulated driver.

When I first joined BLF, I did not understand this. The BLF A6 was new back then, and I happily bought a couple of them. I am still satisfied with the A6, but if I were making the purchase today, I would buy a regulated flashlight such as the Convoy S2+.

If anyone has one of these for sale in the UK, would be very interested in buying one of these as a complete newbie to this world. Thanks!

Are there any news if the Wurkkos FC11 is flashable with Andúril?
(my googling suggest so far no)

You say the FC13?
We have just produced samples and are currently testing its stability.

Maybe don’t use the number 13?

Why Not ?

In some cultures it’s unlucky.

I asked about modding the FC11

@Wurkkos Do you mean the FC13 is a new lamp, replacing the FC11?

Thank you Gunga for your great suggestion.
We must respect the diversity of culture.
I will apply to Wurkkos to modify the number immediately.

We do not need to respect superstitious mumbo jumbo.

1 Thank