Show us your motorbike. Stll, action or broken.

Just thought I would post a few thoughts……………….

Yes, yes, yes and yes. :slight_smile:

Have been getting out before dawn on Saturdays with a time poor buddy (young family etc)
and the BLF A6 is the perfect torch for gearing up and loading the bike.

We spend a few hours on our dirt bikes exploring mountain tracks, before he has to get back for soccer practice or some similar parenting duty…

Yesterday was perfect, 21 degrees, sunny, fog in the valleys, friendly coppers, heaps of other riders out.
We came across half a dozen very muddy Africa Twins emerging from the forest.
Then saw a couple more. And more.

At our destination, a small country town, population ~4,000; it was good to see both open cafes full of mostly fit, happy, older riders on the usual assortment of BMWs, Guzzis, Ducatis, R1s and some dual sports.
A hearty breakfast was interrupted by the local policeman who went around greeting people and handing out calendars with a road safety theme drawn by school children.

Then we saw more Africa Twins, there must have been dozens. Turns out that there was a rally somewhere. There was also some interesting machinery on trailers coming through town, vintage dirt bikes, going to a Vinduro event.

Here are a few of the Africa twins gathering behind the local pub, and a pic of our bikes with the Glasshouse mountains in the background. Apparently the latest model, the “Africa Twin Adventure Sports” was unveiled.
It was a great morning !

That makes a statement I made a few posts up decidedly dodgy with all the African twins emerging from the bush. :person_facepalming:

Glad to see you enjoying the TTR Suncoaster. The weather you have this time of year makes it look pretty miserable down here. Its raining and about 12 degrees. :slight_smile:

I remember that "dodgy" comment after I posted the Africa Twin pic lol. Saw a KLR, Vstrom and Africa Twin all together at the walmart parking lot today. They had all the gear and panniers etc and I was ready to chat with them but noticed my wife starting to roll her eyes and decided not to!

LMAO. :laughing:

suncoaster have you considered something like this,
http://thumperracing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_43_288_107&product_id=98
when rebuild time comes, :beer:

I reckon Suncoaster should use this kit whether his bike needs rebuilding or not. :+1:

end result

My little fun bike enjoy endless hours off roading with this little Suzuki

Jeez, now you’re giving me interesting ideas !

You deserve to do this for yourself Suncoaster. You have earn’t it. :slight_smile: :+1:

1992 Nighthawk. I sold it about 5 years ago

I was talking to my next door neighbor at my summer place in NH last weekend. He mentioned his 12 year old daughter is asking for a dirt bike to ride around their farm. He and his wife both ride and though we haven’t had the chance to ride together yet I’m looking forward to it when the time comes.
Anyway, I told him I have just the bike for him though it’s hasn’t run in 30 years or so.

I purchased this 77 Kawasaki KE100 for my wife to learn on, installed street tires and registered it. She got her license and rode it for a season and a half them moved onto something bigger. I kept it on the road for another year or so because it was so much fun to run around town on.
I pulled it out of my barn yesterday and give it a quick bath.

I told him he can have it no charge if he wants to drive down to MA to pick it up.
He better come by quick, the more I look at it the more I’m thinking I should get it back into shape and get another plate on it. It would be a lot easier to run up to the hardware store on this than pulling out my Valkyrie!

That looks brand new. I’d be keeping it. :slight_smile:
On the farm dad went through a KV100 stage. One of these had the crap caned out of it and it kept coming back for more.

I’m tempted to keep it but I offered it to a friend so the ball’s in his court. I won’t be disappointed if he doesn’t come down and get it though.

I believe the KV used the same 2 stroke rotary valve engine. Not much of a powerhouse but it can sure take a beating!

Keltex on page 1 with your scooter.

That old “Walking to next cut” Dragline other side of fence. is what I did for a living for over 40 yrs.
Great machines. Bigger they are. the easier they are (slower).

I rode bikes from 1956 to 1990 (June) When a tin can got me at the lights in town.
Tried road bikes with a ‘47 Matchless G3L Rigid rear. springer forks. 350 single.
My first.
Several BSA Bantam 125 then 175. Then advanced to DOT and GREEVES 150\175 Dirt bikes.
Later in life. Raced Dirt. then ended up with several MAICO 400’s.
Enduro’s Then Pony Express. IE One bike. two riders.
Change rider for every 5 to 8ish km lap over fixed time. usually 4 to 6 hrs. Most laps wins.
Twice the fun. with half the cost.
Plus you can usually buy a much better bike for 2 than one man can afford.(wives )
Wish I still had those early bikes now.’

Tried KTM 400\600 but too twitchy for me. BOOM. All or nothing. Eldest boy rode them, 250’s.
Actually snapped one frame in half jumping it… Waaaay over my head.
Ask me who paid for another one?. Yea. DAD.

Last 2.
SUZI DAKAR 600\650 dirtbikes. The most comfortable for long cruising.
Went round Aust several times over 5 yrs or more.
Ex wife has most of my photo’s over 50 plus yrs. but I’ll see if I can find some.
Rode bikes from 15yrs to 49 yrs.
(Bike Licence 16 yrs in UK in those days. 17 yrs for car, 21 yrs for trucks)
I think we’d ALL miss them. Same as my sailing.

Lightme….
We used those Suzi GT750 3 pot Waterbottle engine’s back in ’70’s/’80’s as power plants for the “chair” dirt bike (Scrambles/Motorcross) races.
There was nothing that could touch them. Spin wheel at start. stop it over the line.
Those things had more INSTANT go, than any other donk on market those days.
Always carry heavy chair man for ballast/traction to rear.
He spent most of the race hanging over rear wheel for traction.
Bloke called “Phil Alphabet” was king. (Nobody could spell his name)
Yea. The good old days hey. Bantams. Frannie Barnet, DOT, Greeves. Then
The Japs.

My last bike was an F700GS. Sold it in 2015.

Wooow! you guys AWESOME!