Simple Question - No Bashing Please - Anyone Heard Anything On Olight I6 From Wallbuys

Just received my Paladin. I’ve waited for over a month, but it was worth it. Standard Olight quality, nothing fancy, simple and rugged.
My light is definilely brighter than stated 420 OTF lumens, ceiling bouce test gives me value closer to 500 lumens. Tint is also pleasent, more to warmer side of cold white. All in all, I’m very satisfied with the purchase.

I got mine today…
A really nice light, and I am not such a big fan of these forward clickies with ring, but I like the design anyway nice b reflector. The two modes are made with a neat idea andit works flawlessly. Nice regulated and made for 6V use. I have no real use for it perhaps I will borrow it someone…
Anyone else took a look onto the “star”? :bigsmile:
Too sad that I already lost the holster…never used it but lost in the first hour I have had the light…perhaps I will find it someday…

Got mine today with holster lanyard batteries spare o rings,tailcap lubed nice light ,smaller than what i expected.I know what Marcl meant now ,it is bright considering it only pulls 1.5a

Oh no! a lanyard? and spare o rings?… let me guess they were in the holster… :_(

Compared to a solarforceL2P(I thaught 35$were cheapuntil today) with U2 dropin(claimed 880 lumen) and driven a bit harder it looks like a real good buy because it has the neat mode design and is about equal in brightness and build up quality.

And I love the tint, its neutral like everything should be.

Easy fix, there’s no glue on the threads for the top half of the head. Just unscrew it 1/3 or 1/2 turn and re-screw it down. It might take a couple of goes but after that you’ve got a well-centred XM-L.

Ceiling bounce for mine shows 520 OTF at start up dropping to around 450 OTF at 3.8v. Not bad for 1.6A draw.

I think what it tells me is, High end lights with good quality LED’s are nice and bright, but some of the budget lights we have just don’t cut it at times. Not without mods, but then of course it becomes more expensive than a quality light.

No, more cheap lights for me, just good ones.

Marc.

The BLF A8 is brighter and my sk98 is also brighter(very different of course for 8:money_mouth_face: but you can’t really detect these fine nuances with bare eye.
I have for example two sk98(myfavourite light), one is stock and driven at about 2.5-3 A and I have one with a XMLU3 copper and driven at 4A( maybe more), it is brighter but not so much…but for me it feels better if it is brighter theoretically even if I never use the high because it gets hoter than the sun.

But you are right a super cheap brand light which is even cheaper than some dedicated chinacheapos wins every competion.
Not sure if I would like this light so much if I had purchased it for 50$…?? but I dont think so.

Werner: if you have put the holster back in the blister, you may have thrown it into bin.

Yes, as you guessed, lanyard and spare o-rings was in the holster.

Yeah i get you now,they were definitely in the holster…

3.8v 1.6a ,mine just made 1.5a with 4.22v ,but they r all probably slightly different,but not oceans apart like some of the chinese ones :cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks, mate :wink: Tried that and after dozen and dozen of twisting, unscrewing, etc. got it quite well centered. More info about my experience with Wallbuys support service and Olight too in upcoming review.

I still say this is the best light I have ever bought for $20.

What do you guys think?

Do you know of any better flashlight for the money?

It has really made me realize what I am looking for in a light, I love it .

I wonder if the Fenix PD32 ultimate edition is like this except juicier and newer?

I bought two of these flashlights (one for me, one as a gift for a friend). Both were in perfect conditions and for $19 each a steal.

Yeah it’s a fabulous light, very bright and has great run time. It has totally changed what I am looking for in a light. From now on I will forget about 3A lights and concentrate on a quality LED, driven well enough to give this type of output and great run times.

Just perfect!

Marc.

I am simply amazed by the beautiful simplicity of this light.
Olight had always had my respect but now the respect is even greater!

A big thanks to WallBuys to whom i really feel obliged for this outstanding price!
I have bookmarked them already and placed a couple of more orders since then :slight_smile:

I was surprised that the i6 Paladin gives OBVIOUSLY more lumens than the stated 420!!

You guys are making me very envious…wishing I had ordered this Olight! Oh well…I did order the SRK and it is one fantastic light! Blown away by its output and quality.

Great light but not neutral enough. I’ve changed the emitter on one of my lights to an unspecified T5 neutral I had in the emitter box. Very easy to do since the emitter wasn’t glued, just attached with some quite watery cooling paste.

A 20mm star fits perfect.

Sorry but no beamshots since I’ve already shipped it to a friend. He works as a security guard and just loves the simplicity of the light, momentary on, two modes changed by twisting the head and no blinky modes, just perfect for a security guard.
I’m glad I bought 3…

At first I was a bit disappointed in this light. I sat & goofed with it awhile. I changed my mind after it got dark. For a small simple light. This little light does really well. Very simple & effective UI. It has a excellent mix of flood & throw for it’s size. Shame they bounced the price up so high on them. I think they would sell ton of them if they dropped the price a bit.

Both mine are neutral. Unbelievably nice tint! You are right the UI is the best. It’s my favourite, just like my BC40 and Klarus.

Marc.