Skilhunt H03 short battery tube lighweight mod

Also some kind of short tube mod . Unprotected only= –5mm in length.
(Boost 2.5A 6V 4*e21 2000K inside)

That looks quite nice!
What light is that battery tube from?

It is new made for H03 by friend. bezel is also his work.

BTW another way to make it lighter

Okay, no tail cap, like the older H01 :+1:

Thanks, I added your suggestions.
I have some alu MCPCBs from Led4Power, they would be adequate with LH351D. :slight_smile:

Another thought, maybe wrong: de-anodize head-side threads and shorten the ones on battery tube. This would maintain the light’s length (and 18700 compatibility - which is critical because I want to use Folomov battery-powerbanks) but save some material…

Would a custom headstrap that has no rubber and holds the light with velcro and weigh less?

Nice mod from Pigi:

I ordered my A6 / S1 shorty tube. It arrived yesterday and….it’s the wrong one. :confused:

I got other lightening thoughts though:

• the front of the head is quite square. Looks like there’s some material that could be removed to the sides of the bezel
  • removal of fins is a big deal, but ugly. However drilling a couple of holes shouldn’t hurt much. :wink:

My first generation of Skiilhunt H03 is equipped with Skiilhunt DS10, perfect……

Why not just get a shorter lighter light?

H03 is:

• very light for 18650 light
  • high quality
  • easy to mod
  • reasonably priced

A shorty H03 is lightweight for 18350 and has all the other qualities of H03.
I believe there is just no shorter, lighter headlamp that would compete in this niche.

Olight H1 is also an interesting option considering the size and quality of light.

Yeah, twice as small yet twice as expensive…
It’s cute though.

H1 uses 16340 battery which reduces capacity from 1100 to 700 mAh yet weights more than long H03.

H1 with a battery weighs 47 grams
H03 with a battery weighs 97 grams.
It’s a big difference.

Twice as light but 5x shorter run time…
But it’s still cute. :slight_smile:

What am I seeing around the switch, some type of switch guard to prevent activation?

Please tell me more? I want one.

Yes bezel to protect button rubber and prevent accidental turn on.Material is aluminium. It is work and idea of one man from fonarevka.
They are cheap but shipping cost much more)

I think that would be great addition to my light. I do not like to lock out my lights while I EDC them.

How much you think cost and shipping to the US ?

Thank you