Sofirn SP10 Pro (AA/14500/Andúril 2) - now available!

Because of the price …….

Yeah, it’s higher than expected. $20 with battery would be OK in my opinion. Now it’s more like $25 (and the Sofirn shop adds $4 shipping).

I think I’ll wait for a good coupon or group buy price.

Yeah, we waited so long, I can wait some more for the group-buy and a purple and/or orange 4000K. :heart_eyes:

I don’t mind spending a few Euros more to support Sofirn when they’re doing a product we all wanted.

I bought one but waiting for 2700k and 4000k along with colored magnetic tail caps.

In other news Wurkkos has decided to use their current design of WK10 with aux leds and 14500 only. That’s an easy pass for me, for now this the only the Anduril AA/14500 light.

Since this project has finally become a reality and may have opened the door for more projects. I really want an updated SF11 with Anduril 2, parallel battery config of 4x AA or 14500 batteries and low vf led and of course an LT1 model based on SF11 :smiling_imp:

Power and efficiency wouldn’t be very good with parallel AA configuration, in a single AA light there is no choice but with 4 cells in series the input would be 4V (Nimh) to 16.8V (li-ion), with theses voltages an efficient and powerful buck converter could be used.

Considering the price would be nice if Sofirn will offer this light with Nichia 519A 30k and E21A 2000k instead of Lh351d

The 519A only became the new hotness after Sofirn had started producing this light. It’ll take them a bit figure out that the LH351D is old and busted now.

Well, I bought 2 and used a coupon, $21 no battery, $23 with battery. Not bad. I’ll try it. I’ve been waiting for AA with Anduril a while. It was worth a shot. Too bad the flat magnetic caps are black. Also non removable magnets.

Surely they will offer the colors soon. You can kill your magnet with heat…hot soldering iron, small hot air tip, etc. Once you get them to around 80°C (for the usual grade) they will start to lose magnetism gradually and permanently…the higher you go the more is lost, and faster. At the curie temp (around 300°C I think) everything is gone for good. Can also try to break them up with a punch or cold chisel and remove pieces that way if you can get past any glue.

Which coupon did you use? AliExpress or sofirnlight.com?

Sofirn website. It was a 10% off on the front page.

It hasn’t really launched yet. I think the listing people found is just a few extras from a production test run.

It is the first item under best sellers on sofirnlight.com...

Quiet launch. Waiting, will get one each of 2700k & 4000k

That’s pretty funny. Top seller despite not even having a real launch yet.

It seems this item might do like a band I know… At show time, one of the band members walks onstage and starts doing sound tests. A couple minutes later, another band member walks on and starts tuning a guitar. Then a few minutes pass, and the drummer shows up, checking mics and such. A couple minutes later, another band member walks on and turns on their synths and tests a few patches. Their tests and checks and tuning overlap into sort of a mess of sound. And then, several minutes later, the audience suddenly realizes the band is halfway through a song and nobody has a clue when it started.

There seems to be a difference in the focal spot, not sure. I have a Wuben E05 which had a LH351D. It always bothered me that the beam slightly (asymmetrically) diverges, leaving a doughnut hole. After replacing it with a 519A all is well. I fear if Sofirn calculates the reflector to match the Samsung, the Nichia might not be a good fit. Again, I’m not sure, others will know better.

A second thought: Adelina once stated that Sofirn cannot source Nichia LEDs (for whatever reasons). Don’t know if this has changed. It was in ’19 or so.

Is there a possible Group Buy coming up?

Lets get this party started!

I got a green SP10 Pro!

After 3 years in development, and over 1500 brilliant posts, the First off the shelf AA Anduril Light is Finally Here!

1 Thank