Sofirn SP10 Pro (AA/14500/Andúril 2) - now available!

Yes, but I mentioned in my video to calibrate the sensor, so if it always comes calibrated then I must edit it out. Mine came within 1°C but so has past versions without the 1616 chip.

I’ve used plenty of T1616 and the factory calibration was always very close to reality.
Additionally the quick thermal calibration method (reseting the light at ~21C ambient temp) is disabled with T1616 firmwares, instead it removes the offset (manual calibration), reverting to factory calibration.

Yes for the others lights but not the FWAA (T85)

thank you! I think I was mistaken to mention the FWAA, my memory failed me. It did actually require recalibration of the thermal sensor, it did NOT come properly set from factory. zeroair has reported the same experience.

I made a few, need to finish this batch.

I thought I had premade dupont wires but nope, only connectors and they’re a pain to make in such quantity so I soldered the TTL and key boards together, it might be better like this anyway. (3 solder pads were in front of each other and for GND I added a wire, next time I’ll get a key with proper pad placements for these boards). Ah I also didn’t have heatshrink of the right diameter :person_facepalming: , that said about the thing I mentionned it’s not really problematic since with the 2 boards together it’s easy to hold it without touching UDPI.

@ thefreeman

I manifested my interest before on these cables and I will manifest it again, in case you can sell one to me!

Thanks in advance for your work :+1:

Having the cable, I will learn to flash the FW and/or to make 1 change that I wanna try!

Looks great. Count me in for one when you are ready. Thanks

If you were selling some of these, I too would be interested in getting one!

I’d like to get one of those, too :blush: .

Anybody have an issue with their light immediately stepping down and then continuously stepping down from max brightness? I was using an IKEA cell at max brightness to make sure my light would work on a rechargeable cell. I thought this issue was due to the cell being depleted. However, I put a charged H10 in after and still have the same issue. Rechecked the H10 and UM2 says 4.10 volts.

What does temp-check say?

Remove the body tube and tailcap. Check all contacts to make sure no dust or bit of hair got on them.

that is normal, if you start from Turbo.

Turbo is not a sustainable output, it just gets the light hot, and triggers thermal step downs

So turbo will constantly stepdown? I’ll have to try again but I thought max and turbo was the same. I don’t think max brightness (not turbo) constantly triggers stepdown but I’ll test tonight.

they can be the same. Turbo is level 150 out of 150.

If the ceiling is set to 150 also, then yes, max and Turbo are the same.

If the ceiling is set to something less than level 150, for example level 100, then ceiling does not equal maximum, and therefore does not equal Turbo.

Do use a light meter if you want to be able to recognize output step down. Dont just trust your eyes, as they are constantly adjusting for changes in brightness.

Heat triggers stepdowns. Hence the question what temperature your light blinks out. It should be ok, but one never knows if it has been mistakenly adjusted.

Same here, must have been a few pages back. Great to see these adapters coming to life for us in the EU. Big thanks to thefreeman for following through with making these!

I’ll check temperature tonight and see if it has to be recalibrated. Can I also do a factory reset?

The stepdown should not be immediate, and for this light it should be modest, especially on NiMH cells. It also should not be continuous. It should settle at a relatively stable level. SammysHP’s runtime test is exactly what I would have expected to see, and consistent with the results gchart shared from his prototype in the first post:

That’s gradual decrease in output while the light heats up for maybe a minute or two, then Anduril starts regulating the temperature, and the output stabilizes about half of the turn-on level for NiMH, and about 1/4 of the turn-on level for 14500.

For NiMH in particular, the light should appear to have dimmed only slightly.

Issue with continuous stepdown from turbo seems to have been fixed by a factory reset.

Except now if I turn off from turbo, it steps down before turning off. If I ramp to max, it doesn’t.

If it steps down for half a second and then turn off automatically, then it is a known bug that can be fixed with a firmware update. But it shouldn’t happen at turbo. Also ceiling and turbo are the same level by default.