Sofirn SP10 Pro (AA/14500/Andúril 2) - now available!

Relax. :) SP10 V3 is another new product but it is not SP10 Pro. This is where we are right now...

• gchart, Tom E and ToyKeeper have received prototypes from Sofirn.
  • I received and forwarded valuable feedback for further improvements already. Barry and Sofirn's engineer are working on them in parallel.
  • gchart made a new firmware with all latest Andúril 2 updates (e.g. Dynamic PWM, improved LVP, improved blinky modes and many more). This firmware is being tested now.
  • The clip... well, let me put it this way: Sofirn will be leaving some potential for further optimization. :-D I did what I can to convince them of using a more appropriate clip but it is what it is, right now.
  • Sofirn has also received specs to build a simple programming adapter. I am awaiting further news from them.

> Sofirn will be leaving some potential for further optimization.

excellent language skills… lol

I think there is a small fortune to be made, offering pocket clip upgrades…

who will be the next entrepreneur du clip de poche? (forgive my French)

And their price is high,hope sp10pro will not

What's interesting about the SP10 V3 is the switch change. Looks like it won't activate as easily. Now wondering if the Pro will be based on the V3 mechanical design.

Excellent! Good work by Toykeeper creating dynamic PWM and by Gchart getting it incorporated into the code for this light. The possibility of getting this light down to ~0.01 lumen would awesome.

I’m also glad to hear there might be an off-the-shelf programming adapter.

Regarding the clip, I’m not surprised and refuse to let myself be much disappointed by this. Yes, it would really be great for flashlight manufacturers to better understand what makes a good clip, but Sofirn is far from the only manufacturer that could improve their clips a lot, and it would be bonus scope for this project. The key feature of this project by far is that this will be the first 1.5V compatible Anduril light, and as far as I recall, only the second AA-sized Anduril light (FWAA).

Focus on the good, not the bad. On the balance, Sofirn has collaborated well with multiple BLF projects.

Yeah I’m not worried about the clip and don’t care that much about it. I’m more concerned about the switch. Having to use a lockout mode is basically an admission of failure.

So presumably the SP10V3 has an improved UI from the crap hold for off UI of the SP10S, but as usual Sofirn has failed to list the most important details of the new model on the product page.

There’s no reason for most of us to care since the anduril model is on the horizon.

I got a bit unlucky though… seems like something is shorted inside the driver on mine, so it can’t turn off the boost chip and can’t flash new firmware. These things happen though, especially with handmade prototypes.

So, maybe I’ll be able to fix it, maybe not. I’m glad to hear that the updates I did for other lights are working for the SP10 though. The bottom of the ramp was initially very coarse, but it sounds like the new dynamic PWM thing really helped smooth that out.

Interested if this is still available
1 please

thats because Anduril provides Turbo

my solution is to program my FWAA ceilings to sustainable levels… 400 lumens

I refuse to multiclick… dont want to use lockout… If I really want to use Turbo… I can, but the light is set to always come on at 20 lumens… so, no hotpockets if the button gets clicked accidentally

you may know there is also an O ring fix for the switch… I have not tried yet… but, truth is, I dont carry the FWAA cause I dont trust the clip, and I dont like the optic, it lacks focus… prefer the carclo narrow clear, not a fan of fuzzy beams…

funny how something seemingly minor, like a clip, and an optic, can keep a light out of my pocket… I do hope a better FWAA optic becomes available…

fwiw, the clips Lumintop, Sofirn, Olight use, with the double curve, is just something they all buy because they heard we wanted a hatclip

I hate them… my opinion is darksucks should finance some captive clips for us…

although, I much prefer screwed on clips…

Oboy. I can’t keep up ….

Besides hot pockets there is also battery drain. I have one light with an accidental activation issue (Fenix BC21R). I don’t remember it coming on in my pocket but I don’t pocket carry it that often. It has turned on in my backpack from bumping into other stuff and stayed on for long periods, maybe til the battery was flat. Not so great.

I might program my Anduril lights for auto shutoff after 30 minutes or whatever (a minute or so of blinking first, so I can click to reset the timeout). I can’t remember any times offhand when that would have been a problem.

> I might program my Anduril lights for auto shutoff

that will lockout the light… requiring 4C to unlock, according to this:

resistance is futile, Anduril and Lockout go together like peas in a pod…

unless you lower the ceilings to a non firestarting intensity (400 lumens)

Behold the power of free-libre/open source software. I can change the code to do whatever I want ;).

I would have C.C without pwm

Got to get me one of these when I can!

Could you try on these new grey and champagne colors on the SP10, pretty please? :innocent:

The champagne is awesome. Exactly what I hoped for, that color alone would make me impulse buy this light.

I agree, Wukkos has the colors nailed down.

What's up with the tail on the sp10 v3 ??

If it has no switch on the tail why isn't it totally flat ? Can we just get rid of the lanyard hole once and for all and maybe add a good magnet option .

Sofirns green sucks and they need a slate grey like skillhunt has on their AAA light .All of these companies need to realize people want more sublte colors and not eye popping ,

a matte black like armytech or better greenish grey 's and kahaki like zebralights or slightly slightly brown matte . All of the sexy kool colors done right before going for the tacky silly pastel puke ugly kid color rainbow pop

Tell me how you really feel Boaz! Lol