Sofirn SP70 Alone $50, PM for AMZ US CODE(LIMITED)

I'm looking forward to a proper review before I jump in, but I like what I see.

Yea only thing id worry about is software bugs so I’m definitely waiting for Jason’s review to give the all clear.

I think Sofirn is selling these quickly cause the production was delayed so they would be losing money they expected the light to be out months ago. By the end of last year but it was delayed partly because of us making changes. Plus the reflectors are a custom part took a while to make.

Sofirn didn’t tell me this, but it looks like they are also selling the SP70 on Banggood. M4D M4X has a coupon code to bring the price down to $50. Right now it is saying it’s a preorder and is expected to start shipping April 11th.

SP70 on Banggood

It might just be an automatic generated shipping label number, like i had from Sofirn. I received a message with a tracking number, AE says shipped, but it did not ship.
I asked them why it still did not give any tracking info after 2 weeks.
Their reply was, oh sorry, the website said on stock but it was actually out of stock. We will ship as soon as we have it on stock :person_facepalming:

So, tracking numbers are no guarantee. It feels a bit like ass-covering to AliExpress (look, we shipped :innocent: )

Still waiting though…

I'm figuring it's just a flat out lie, specially from what Jason said. If they give a tracking #, say it's shipped, and it's not in stock to ship and never was because it's new - that's very suspicious.

It’s probably just an automated response from the computer when Sofirn processed your order (like Yokiamy said). They guarantee delivery in 60 days, so it should still be within that window.

Computers don’t lie, do they? :stuck_out_tongue:

Just the button pushers... Shipped is shipped. Automatically set to shipped status with a tracking #? Really?

Well, he tried to but it didn’t end quite well for all parties involved… :wink:

SP70 prototype under photographic lights

Under sun light

The “dips” around the button are hurting me not being squared :frowning:

Thaaaaat’s better-ish:

The milling marks around the switch are not so nice, but overall it looks great.

It’s not shiny black or chalky black, but somewhere in between. I like this anodization color.

My only concern would be similar to E07. If those bottom set of fins around the switch are where your index finger rests (back side) then the edges need to be cut at 45 degree angles. The E07 is razor sharp but it’s hard to tell where your hand rests when you hold this light.

:person_facepalming:

I mean clearly the FireFlies thought it important enough to fix it ASAP which is why it’s not in the silver or V2’s… but whatever. It’s not like i’m picking on that stupid ThorFire button.

Guess when they arrive I will test them in my hot rod L6 and see if they perform better than what I have alredy. I have cheap lux meter and some 4200mah and 5500mah Shoklis along with some keeppowers as well. Price isn’t bad. Are they going to give us a discount on them?

I haven’t heard anything about battery prices.

The picture under sunlight with the light in the hand gives the best impression of the SP70 by far, thanks. Still wanting one but atm low on cash.

The crooked T button cap I’m sure they did for nostalgic reasons :party:

Squared as in in relation to the light - at the diagonals, not rotated slightly.

Call it OCD or something, but it just feels wrong :slight_smile:

Those freaking buttons are so hard to line up. When I added custom leds to my S70S I was constantly having to loosen and tighten and rotate it. Ah, it drove me crazy. I think I ended up adding a drop of super glue to hold it in place. :disappointed:

(I also get OCD about these things)

Are you parking your car or bike with all rims or wheels aligned/indexed the same, and ask people around you to do the same to not hurt your “OCD” ?
How do you feel with this ?

:smiling_imp: