[Sold] 4. Batch "TA" Bistro/Bistro HD OTSM/Narsil drivers, 46mm for Q8 1S or 2S, Clicky or E-switch, SIR404

Hi,

I got no 38.5mm boards left
it makes only sense to order 3 of em with 3 requests, as this batch is close to be finished

the 38.5mm could be reduced in Diameter 3-4mm tops

8 orders are now ready for shipping

That’s OK.
BTW, have you considered using the Centurion FETs everybody is talking about in the next batch?

which FET?

One thing is that my AMC supplier does not have the claw type anymore
I hope other supplier with claw will be as good

I purchased these on the 30.8.17 and they were the claw type.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100pcs-SMD-AMC7135PKFAT-MEL7135PG-L7135-SOT-89-LED-Driver-IC-/291563407419

I think they have not updated the Ebay picture
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100PCS-New-AMC7135-L7135-350mA-2-7V-6V-LED-driver-ORIGINAL-ADDtek-SOT-89/1886457489.html

I got it wrong again. It’s Hyperion. Infineon 09NE2LS5.

I am in need of a 46mm 2s driver for a Haikelite MT03 II.

I am looking at the TA46 LDO but that would require that i buy three pcbs. The MF01 driver is basically the same or am i wrong?

Do you have components left for one of those? I only want a two channel driver since the 7135s dont like the 2s anyway.

The MF01 driver has a bigger diameter
I got the same issue as I order when 3 MF01 are requested

I have here still 46mm SRK drivers left that I can modify for MT03, I did that 2 times and one is already in use, the center solder mask needs to be romoved for the spring and the Diode replaced with LDO

Oh nice! What driver board is that?

Can it be configured with two channel NarsilM?

It can be done with 2 Channels but I didnt test it, the bank of AMCs is nice in middle brightness

I do like the three channels but are they not prone to breaking with 2s input? I can go with three channel since it is tested.

Del had 2 capacitors added for protection
Only that 27000lumens light with the Infineon FET killed the AMCs, while it worked with SIR404 that I use as well

The claw AMCs take it well so far, the voltage is not the poblem its when the FET comes to play

Ok sounds good then :slight_smile:

I will order one 46mm 2s driver for MT03
NarsilM LDO 65°C, SD=6v, PO=(2B)

old quote, but FYI the latest Q8 e-switch build maps the TA modegroups onto a FET+1 driver. It's e-switch, it applies an indicator voltage on pin 3, and the modegroup ramps are matched up (matching transition from 7135 to FET) ideally for a driver that outputs 16A, That last part is always an issue though unless ramps are customized for a particular light, but it's not a big deal, just affects mode spacing a little in the middle modes.

Anyway, I can easily configure a build for FET+1 clicky switch, either with or without OTSM, that uses TA tripple modegroups. This requires no real programming change, just customizing the configs before compiling. If there is demand for it, let me know. This kind of configuration doesn't have to be done by me either. HD is designed to be reconfigured in these ways, but I wouldn't expect lexel to do it unless he just wants too, it's certainly extra work for mass distribution and he's selling these real cheap. Sometimes I might do it, and of course enthusiasts can do it themselves and re-flash.

Oh, yes, the reason I was trolling this thread is because of that Q8 firmware. It's a stock Q8 firmware, not a TA Q8 firmware. I think the bistro-eswitch-HD-TA should probably work on the TA Q8 board, but I'll review it. I assume the TA Q8 board doesn't use an indicator led (no pins left)? Now that I look at it again, it should work fine on the 2S/4S board too.

for new orders please refer to the 5. batch here [Finished] 5. Batch "TA" Bistro HD OTSM/Narsil drivers, 15-47.5mm size fit H03, MF01, MT03, Q8 1S or 2S, Clicky or E-switch

I hope the other AMC7135 suppliers claw type work as well as the old supplier ones
When they do I do another big order of parts from Digikey and Mouser

for discussions use this topic

Any update on the MF-01 boards, Lexel? Are you still waiting for Oshpark?

They are shipped, but it takes some time

Hi, I have Bistro HD OTSM and trying to install lighted tailcap in S41 with stock tailcap board. I’m adding resistors in the tailcap with LED. The problem is: if resistor value is to high (>220), green led does not work; if resistor value is around 220 and lower, green diode is working but I cannot change modes.

This sounds not right

Usually those green LEDs work with 20-50k Ohm resistors
Did you add a bleeder resistor on the OTSM pad near the single AMC7135?

Hm, that might be the reason :wink: What value should have bleeder? Could you mark the place where it should be soldered?

Edit:

found it, marked BR: . Is it correct? According to this thread, 470-630ohm. Is better to have it larger or smaller?