[Sold] 4. Batch "TA" Bistro/Bistro HD OTSM/Narsil drivers, 46mm for Q8 1S or 2S, Clicky or E-switch, SIR404

Ahh, got it. I thought if the bottom 7135s were on a third channel it would require an adjustment to the tables in the firmware. If that’s not the case, I’m definitely going to be in for a few more!

If you got significantly less on the bottom its better to request one with the 7135x3 ramping table

If you use only one or 2 with a high current on turbo you need a new ramping table

The 7135x6 to 8 on the bottom work fine with ramping

Dont miss my post on the first page :stuck_out_tongue:

Since I only want one 7135, it sounds like I need a new ramping table.

I ordered today 100 FETs and parts for 45 Bistro HD, 10 TA Bistro and 45 Narsil drivers from Digikey and Mouser

Updating the excel sheet atm

OP Updated:

Price 0.5$ reduced due to lower parts costs

springs can be soldered, but stiff long spring adds shipping
2x0.75mm² silicone cable can be presoldered for 0.25$ per inch
also soldered short or large long spring plus soldered wires adds shipping cost

This time even better FET SIR404 from Mouser as when 100 ordered they are minimal more expensive as SIR800s from Digikey

are you talking about
FET+1*7135 2 Channel
or FET+1+1*7135 3 Channel

for 2 Channel there are existing ramping tables

I appreciate your patience with me as I start to learn the firmware side of modding. It would be FET+1, 2 channel. I’m trying to achieve single sided drivers this go around.

Hi Lexel! It looks like in your latest spreadsheet you have me down for a 17mm driver, but I don’t need one of those. I’m just looking for a Courui D01 driver, if someone else will order the third one! You may need to clarify with mattlward. He said how he would like to use a Courui D01 driver, but didn’t specify that he wants to order one from you. I think he meant to say he did though. So, just need one more if so to make a three-piece order from OSHPark.

(1) 17mm 1S Bistro HD OTSM, short spring, 2x 1” wires
(1) 17mm 1S TA Bistro, short spring, modes: would like to be able to disable high/turbo mode to limit to ~ 1.4 amps

it is possible to do a modegroup without high/turbo
but in this case a long press from moon gets you to turbo

if the LED does not support more current I would recommend removing 3 AMCs and the FET

I got some report of a short after the driver was assembled in a light, even after it was tested outside the light

The problem are the connections between the FET side with the AMC side

when soldering a wire to the FET pad it can happen that you push through solder and it touches the back of the AMC shorting to ground

In next batch I will seal all those PCBs with some glue so that this cant happen again

That would be great !
I could disable medium press to prevent getting into turbo - but I guess I’ll keep this option.
I’ll probably will use an XM-L, so the current is not the problem and I would like to keep turbo as option.

Main use is planned inhouse at night, so I would prefer to have moon, otherwise I could merely activate the “muggle” mode.
The only downside of the standard Bistro UI is, it only allows the to change the number of levels, but you always get the low and turbo. My problem with turbo is, that this is rather annoying when cycling through at night. :wink:

As I posted in OP you can get a custom modegroup as you wish programmed for 1$
just tell me the currents or lumens for each mode

so if you want 2 Moonlights a low and 2 mediums thats possible, there is no need to remove AMCs it can be done with PWM levels,
so if you take the light outside you can go to another modegroup that allows a full bank of 7 AMCs at 100% plus Turbo FET

Wow! Glad you found that! Have you notified T_A of this potential short situation? He may want to update his file to remove those vias that are near the GND plane of the AMC7135. Just moving them over so that they can’t touch the GND should work.

Hello Lexel,

Im interested in

(2) pieces 17mm Narsil v1.4 Attiny85 with temperature calibration and SD=2.8V short spring for my Convoy C8 flashlights.

Ich schreibe Dir später noch eine PM.

Best regards from Mainz, Joachim

How much will one of those be for the Q8, delivered to Belgium ?

I am currently trying to get confirmation if the new design will fit with the modifications
then a prototype driver has to be ordered
then assembled and send to a member that has a prototype
if it fit then production can start

Price for Q8 driver will be 0.35$ highter than 46mm boards as the PCB is a bit larger

Hi Lexel, update:

Mode groups for TA Bistro:
a) (moon) // 20 // 120 // 400 mA (no turbo)
b) (moon) // 32 // 320 // 1800 mA + turbo

from the lights I own I know that the pill or shelf is often further away so that 1” wires wont be long enough

I worked today like 8 hours to get used to diptrace
I will update all boards moving the dangerous vias so that there wont be any shorts,
this dont apply the the boards I did already order last thursday, but I will use some epoxy to block them

Digikey Order arrived today