Suggest me a 1x18650 powerfull small EDC

I know you’re asking gords, but you know there’s only one way to find out! Actually, according to Match’s test, it started giving less output after 2.6A.

-Garry

Yep - forgot, Match is the man! Hhhmm, wonder if those super $$$ new XP-G2 throwers are only in that range of amps (SaabLuster's OSTS TN31, the Deft X). I know they are bonding to copper, so maybe they can tweak out more amps? I know there's been a published chart on CPF showing an XML increasing output higher than Match's show, but who knows...

Saablusters pushing close in 4a through an xp-g2, but its direct copper bonded, as I say, mine pulls 2a from the driver that’s in, its damm throwy that’s for sure. Why not shove a 6*7135 in there to kick off with? I’m actually buzzing from what I get out of so little juice - run time from a 3400mah cell! :bigsmile:

Hey, TomE, can you post all of them together? Beamshots only, wanna see beam profiles. Not necessary on high, but pics shouldn’t be overexposed. Thanks a bunch :wink: :beer:

Just thinking about this, when my uf-v3 had an xm-l it drew 2.5a, put in the xp-g2, it only pulled 2a. I asked johnnymac about it and his comment was it’ll only pull what it wants, maybe try hooking it up and testing with a meter before screwing the tailcap on, it’ll take what? Ten minutes at most, you don’t even need to remove the pill, just screw the head off, whole light into some soft jaws, solder away. :bigsmile:

Gords - oh boy - I'm dragging us off topic on the UF-V3, I'm posting a reply to your Uf-V3 thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/10206#comment-303246

SashiX - I can post beam shots, got a setup for it, hopefully this morn.

My Xiaozhi arrived today, a lot of chips/cuttings on the inside, I had to take it apart and clean it all over.
Now I like it !

Nice. It’s a great light. 8)

I purchased one of these lights after reading your post. I had good service from Fancy Flashlights and I like the light, especially considering the price. Thanks.

I got mine today with NW option for a couple of bucks more….
Like this light. Mine is not dirty but dry. A little lube on the double o-rings and all is good.
Built/fit and finish are very good.
Threads are not squared. But well done, fits and threads well.
GID tail cap buttom sticks out and won’t tail stand. (I guess I will use a glass-cup standing if needs be).
Very bright. For such a small reflector and xml led - still have a good hot spot to throw a little bit.
Lanyard is kind of meh!!!
Now it would have been nice if they have a listing for the pouch on the light page that fits! But that would be way too smart, right?

Thinking about “Convoy S2 Cree XM-L U2-1B 2-Group 3/5-Mode EDC LED Flashlight” 2.8 amp model for about 15 bucks and see how good that one is….

Cheers.

I can second your comment on build quality and dry threads, it arrived that dry, that one o-ring was already damaged.
Funny, I didn’t know that the rubber boot is a GITD one, I switched it for a black one in a blink of an eye.

meh……my copy start flickering and behave strange, switching between modes without any reason.

Maybe the switch, maybe the bad soldering at the driver ?

Cnqualitygoods is going to release the DQG tiny 18650
Twisty, 2amp high with a tir optic

I posted this over on a XIAOZHI review thread there, copied here fyi...

Here are some measurments I made on 5 EDC's I have:

HD2011 (WallBuys) mod'ed w/U3 1C, 2.8A:

2.83A measured, 802 lumens @start, 775 lumens after 30 secs

EDC 18650 (I0) w/U2, 2.8A, stock:

2.82A measured, 615 lumens @start, 574 lumens after 30 secs

XIAOZHI (FF) w/T6 1A, 2.8A, stock:

2.81A measured, 737 lumens @start, 710 lumens after 30 secs

TF T2, XP-G R5, stock:

1.62A measured, 333 lumens @start, 289 lumens after 30 secs

G10 mod'ed w/XP-G2 R3 1A, 1.7A:

1.72A measured, 404 lumens @start, 391 lumens after 30 secs (full charged DLG via KumaBear!)

* all tests, accept G10, done with fully charged Panasonic 2900 unprotected. Lightbox is PVC pipe based.

Hope this puts it in perspective. Not sure why the EDC tests so low, because it does have a U2. It definitely is the oldest light I have of the bunch, and also it has a white ring around the emitter (part of the reflector) which is maybe interfering with light output.

I think the XIAOZHI does remarkably well for a stock T6 1A setup.

Received the XIAOZHI today.
Not bad, double O-rings, dry though… Works well, emitter a bit dirty as in 90% of all budget lights I receive.
Beam is pretty nice actually! I´m a bit surprised :o

Double O-rings on head and tailcap, no O-ring on lens :bigsmile:

The xiaohzi is just an awesome bit of kit in the budget world. Particularly with the t6 3c, its so nice to use its now secondary edc for me, my edc18650 will be getting a t6 4c next time the irons warm, I’m just not into the cw u2 anymore and love the 4c xp-g in my own t2.

Thanks for adding this Tom, you just backed up my above posts :slight_smile:

I’m going to have to get a light meter soon and build a light box.

My switch clicky had broken a part from the PCB.
Soldering gave up. I tightened the tail and it still seems to work. Needless to say I have to solder it back some day now.

I realised it starts its strange behaviour, when my unprotected sanyo 2600 reaches 3.9V :expressionless:
I don’t know what this means………
(No problems with protected cells so far.)

This is one heck of a light but it has a hollow pill and basically no heatsinking. It is an amazing light though, just not reliable at all.