The 11th Annual Old Lumens challenge - Winners announced!

I posted a new topic with my build thread. Modding a Klarus XT2C for the modified flashlight category. Link to the build thread: Hunter-Jackson's entry for the 11th annual Old Lumens challenge. Modified flashlight category

4 Thanks

Hello,

I also wish to enter this contest in the Machine Made category.

This is the topic I´ve started: GorgTech´s 11th Annual Old Lumens Challenge Entry - Machine Made Category

6 Thanks

Hi all! id like to enter the hand made catagory this year. I wasnt sure if i could make this happen but i read that there was an extension, so i will be able to participate again this year. thanks!!

tomogchi’s entry for the 11th annual old lumens contest hand made category

4 Thanks

I’d like to enter the modified lights category with an S2+/TS10 hybrid.

Thanks!

4 Thanks

Hello, I’d like to enter the Modified category with this, a heavily modified Stranger Things torch I have named the Demogorgon Deleter 9000.

4 Thanks

Hello, I’d like to mention my entry to the Modified Lights category
Scallywag’s 11th Annual Old Lumens Challenge Entry - Modified Light Category

3 Thanks

Hi,
Does anybody here know how to upload videos to this forum, I am planning to include a video to my contest entry. I have seen some fellow contestants have entered videos which appear to be a youtube link. I am not 100 percent familiar with this site so any suggestions would be helpful.

The site doesn’t host video files, you need to upload them to a third party service.
For youtube video you can just paste the video URL and the site will automatically embed it. Same thing with imgur videos.

2 Thanks
3 Thanks

Maaaan

I’m on me knees :man_bowing:

Something has come up in my personal life and I won’t be able to complete my build any time soon.

I still plan to complete the build and will likely update my thread as it progresses.

Thanks again @The_OL_Contest and BLF for organizing this!

I’ve been wanting to build a Pipe Light for years and this gave me the kick I needed to get started.

3 Thanks

It will turn out even better once you are able to work on it again :wink:

1 Thank

My build cannot be completed, as the chosen driver is not compatible with the pill. I have no other options in my possession and obtaining something by the 31st is not feasible for me.

Edit: a slim chance I can do this.

What size driver do you need?

Edit: I have spare 17mm 7135 based drivers if that would help?

I might have something too. What size and other details would work for you? Clicky switch or e-switch, and whatever else

1 Thank

It’s a pity that some lamps are not finished in time… :frowning:

I also went through a phase where I wasn’t sure whether everything would work out and be finished as I had imagined. My personal life, the threat of depression and a few other things made me decide not to do anything for a few weeks (apart from one or two things with LEDs).

But now I’ve found new courage and hope to complete my build in the coming week. The switch still needs to be built, which is a bit more difficult than I thought…

1 Thank

Driver diameter 15.5mm, component clearance on the topside (non-battery side) 13.9mm. Ideally the driver’s diameter would be larger than 13.9mm.

The two “wings” are ~8mm wide and can accommodate approximately 1mm additional width there.

The only driver I can think of that would work for me is a Reylight AA/14500 driver (out of Pineapple/Lan), but I’m unaware of a source for those other than the lights themselves.

To be clear, I’m not looking for any driver. I’m looking for a dual-fuel AA/14500 driver with at least decent UI. Otherwise I’d have left it stock, or thrown in a MTN-DD.

1 Thank

I have nothing that would be suitable.

1 Thank

Yeah, me neither. I could complete the build with a MTN-15-DD (I have one) but it’s not what I want to make and would honestly just be a waste of my time.

I am trying to make a super late enter to the challenge.
Hope to complete this build in 15 days :crossed_fingers:

YuvalS’s Hand Made Class, 11th Annual BLF/OL contest entry topic - Giveaways and Contests - BudgetLightForum.com

2 Thanks