The Bort thread 🔦

Instead of making many new threads for a few posts about random (mostly) flashlight stuff i figured why not make one thread i can post whatever i feel like in about any flashlight topic.

7 Thanks

I bought these last week and have been playing with one:

They seem to be maybe 40 lumens in my estimation (i have no integrating sphere to measure lumens with) and are about 2700K. I think they have an electronic switch and if they use 1W as stated then its only 200mA at 5V.
They come with a 6ft cord, and run straight off USB. I also suspect its an electronic switch as they are auto on when plugged in.

40-ish lumens is surprisingly useful as i learned long ago from my Moon RC2, but i have not actually worked out a use case for these lights since i’m not lighting a cabinet with them. Also they are perfectly bright enough for a cabinet.

Since they were only $2/each i plan to keep them (very budget light) but at the moment they are pure novelty. Maybe i will store one in the car for emergency use.

Might be nice if they could run off 2AA batteries as the RC2 is a full package and doesn’t need a power bank or outlet to run off of. Maybe i should cut one up and see if i can hook it up to some eneloops and see if it will run?

1 Thank

Nice, have a good one !

1 Thank

You could post Simpsons stuff as well, Bort Simpson. :+1:

2 Thanks

4 Thanks

This is really a cool idea. If it doesn’t work out, you can always ABort. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Thanks

Wow, nice pics!
Do I smell an avatar change for Bort? :+1:

3 Thanks

Thanks man, appreciate it !

He requested an AV a while ago, but probably if he use it later on… ! So i made these two “templates” and later to add any background, or to make any changes if needed… and then i send them in a PM !

( Basically i posted here just to pump the thread a little bit, i have similar threads in other forums and probably i know how it is… ! )

2 Thanks

Interestingly Bort’s last name is never revealed.

Damn, that would be interesting to visit.

Nah, i prefer to Ge Bort.

Reports of Bort changing avatars have been prematurely exaggerated :innocent:

2 Thanks

Thats amazingly awesome!

2 Thanks

Thanks man, im glad you like it !

2 Thanks

I want to place that as my profile pic but i can’t figure out how. So i assumed it can’t be done. But then i coincidentally saw @raccoon has a profile pic.
How did you do it RC?

Also @ToyKeeper how did you get the “Please ask questions in a public thread if possible…” into your profile, i can’t find that option either.
Though i assume it was copied from the old BLF as i recall it was the same there.

1 Thank

Go to Preferences, click on Profile, and click on the image symbol for Profile Header.
You might want to change the dimensions to 1090x300 pixels or 2180x600 pixels and save it as a webp file for maximum image quality (and the right aspect ratio.)

As to your second question, on Profile, put any text you want into “About me”.

1 Thank

Thanks, i put it as user card background and that kinda worked (didn’t scale right) and then put it as profile header but that didn’t work at all (or maybe you can see it but i can’t)?
Maybe profile header can’t take animated gifs?

Check out this thread for more details…

And, yes, I don’t think you can use an animated gif for any of your three pics.

It’s just free-form text in the profile field where people can write about themselves.

Cue rant from TARTARA in 3, 2, 1… :clapper:

3 Thanks

So, Bort, we had a couple of miscommunications…
When you said “profile pic” I thought you meant Profile Header because I don’t currently have a User Card Background.
Also, when you said you wanted to place an image as your profile pic, I thought you meant one of the other (static) images above (because I wasn’t paying complete attention.) :+1:

1 Thank

Ah, i will try a still after i get some lunch.

Cool.
Not sure what i am going to say yet but since i know its an option something will come to me.
But i will be careful of the error messages this time :wink:

1 Thank

Now my head hurts.
I meant the city image you have on your profile.

Okay, then when you said user card background above, you actually meant profile header, and when you said profile header above, you actually meant user card background. :+1: