The problem with this "hobby"....

whew yeah i lost track but i have at least 10-15+ packages on the way…probably way more. my mailman just smiles at me each time he walks up to me for signatures (I hate registered!). sometimes I will come home to 5-6 packages in the mailbox, and usually have no idea what any of it is.

i use the USPS app for iPhone and add tracking numbers and descriptions for each package that includes it. makes it easy to keep track and check the status of orders.

haha… Most of the reason why all my latest packages are so small orders are due to the mailman coming on the door, or me having to go to the post office and get the package. So much easier to just get them from the mailbox without any signatures and stuff. And I don’t have to feel sorry for the mailman/women having to try do deliver packages to my house quite often.
2 months ago I tried to have my Fasttech packages above 15$. Now, I deliberately keep them below to avoid registered shipping. Sometimes I order 2-3 packages instead of 1.

do you notice any difference in how quickly registered or unregistered packages arrive?

Maybe someone can start a “flashlight a month” club like the Clombia House CD thing that was popular back in the 90’s? Get a random light, battery or accessory every month and just send it back if you don’t like it. That way, there’s always something OTW even if you forget to shop for the month. Can’t tell you guys how many CDs I ended up keeping because I forgot to send it back in time, but I actually grew to appreciate some of them later.

KuoH

It’s the part of the journey to flashaholism.

Hi,

Not exactly an answer to your question, but one thing I noted with Fasttech is that when I place an order with only 1 item in it, it gets shipped a LOT faster than if I put a bunch of items in one order. For example, I placed an order with a bunch of stuff in it, then, a day later, I placed an order with just 1 item in it, but the 2nd order went to “shipped” status first. Also the order with 1 item got a picture of the package on Fasttech’s website, but the 1st order did not.

Jim

Nice one. lol

P.S.
I’m thinking they probably resting on Saturdays and Sundays. Nah, just joking.
>)

I like always haing something on the way, and yes sometimes they stack up :slight_smile:

Sounds good, but can we bump up the frequency a little; to, like, daily J)

If I order a light from FT, I order it alone now. It gets here a lot faster. My DIY stuff goes in one order. Batteries on one order. If it’s a big emitter order, it goes separate. I don’t like unnessary waiting for my lights. :wink:
DIY stuff is often ordered for stock (you never know when you need it).
Purpose-ordered DIY stuff is ordered together.

+1

I'm the opposite I think I've ordered stuff that I've only looked at or put in a shopping cart or wish list and never actually paid for it .

I think I did that with my first knife purchase ...i waited for a company to send me something forever ...like Months..(Mr patience) and I finally started to get mad and email them about my order (which they couldn't find )..When I looked thru my paypal I realized i never placed the order ....D+UH

So technically

I'm waiting on stuff to arrive that is "never coming " :P

Hard to get mad at the vendor when you never ordered it

That’s the proper way to order something. Fill out the cart, go through the order submittal but don’t do the final “buy it” thing. A day or two later you get an email offering a discount to complete your purchase. I’ve been offered discounts up to 20%

That's true they will give you deals if you leave stuff in the cart sometimes ..that's not what i was doing ..i just kept putting off that first knife order, thinking Oh no... not another addiction ..

I knew I was going to buy the enlan el01 but looked and looked and ..i suppose i gots hypnotized

where?

Days for my fasttech packages to arrive. BOLD= registered shipping

Based on that, maybe unregistered packages may be a bit slower. But right now I have 4+ unregistered packages from fasttech that have used 25+ days!!
That will make the unregistered packaged be slower on average. So its a bit up and down in.
There is a higher probability for a small package to be shipped fast.

Got two packages today. :slight_smile: One was a free light light from Banggood.com.. Ill probably give it away as a gift to one of my sisters kids.

In 2012 I only bought/received 7 packages. Its just recently I have started to mod everything, and buy more flashlights and whole bunch of flashlight parts.
Out of about 20 flashlights. A sipik SK68 is the only flashlight I have that is stock. Its probably just a matter of time before I will order a less cool XP-E2 or something (XP-G2/Nichia?) for the Sipik :stuck_out_tongue:
In 2012 flashlights was just something I bought a couple of for exploring caves and using in the winter half-year out on the country-side and on trails in the dark. Now, its a hobby. Will it last for more than a year more? Who knows… Right now im enjoying it and I learn something new all the time.

Jim, all that waiting is what I think is partly responsible for our addiction. It's the influx of those padded envelopes arriving at random times and never knowing what will show up on a given day. Trust me. If you don't do any more ordering for a month or two you will have withdrawl and find yourself longing for another fix to show up in the mail. Next thing you know you will be ordering steadily just to have stuff show up. I often think I am more addicted to the packages arriving than I am to the flashlights themselves. ;)

I do keep a spreadsheet of my orders. Just a simple one to keep track, if not I couldn’t control how much I spend! J)

Number, Ordered date, Received date, Website, etc…

I also keep track on mine. However, I also include each item, item cost, and all of the things I sell.

At the end of the spreadsheet I have a running total from all of my orders but I try to avoid that area.

When I just used to use deal extreme I got bored one day and exported a PayPal history filtered just by deal extreme. Seeing $4000 worth in 3 years worried me.

Now I don’t look. I can do the maths in my head and its probably about $2000+ on gadgets in the last 9 - 12 months. I don’t need that in black and white for the wife to see.

I was however off work for a week and all my toys get delivered there, I had a mini Christmas this morning

GOT 5 packages today!! :slight_smile: Update on shipping time here. Content here.
If I should talk in general, there is usually not much difference between registered and non-registered.

Now Im down to a more “reasonable” amount of packages.

All those small packages add up. But so far, im still below 1000$ in all my flashlight stuff (including chargers, batteries, parts, etc)
I plan to sell some stuff soon too, which is the reason I have ordered some extra batteries and chargers.