【TS10 Max】TS10 Max available now on wurkkos brand day with dark blue oxidize

He told that the battery was full charged.

From a reddit thread Wurkkos TS10 max just arrived : r/flashlight (reddit.com):

TS10 Max dimensions:
94.6mm x 26.6mm approximately with my calipers and with the stock battery 98.2 grams

Stock battery:
71mm x 18.6m

Shipped with the “0713 2023-07-29” firmware.

Size comparison:

9 Thanks

I haven’t bought one yet because I’m honestly pissed that they put a 18720 battery tube on this 18650 light. When we first tossed around the idea of a TS10 up sized for 18650, keeping everything that made the TS10 great, it was supposed to be the shortest 18650 triple EDC with the RGB aux, 3x the battery capacity, and 3x the amps for crazy brightness.

Instead they compromised on USB-C charging and made a TS10Max into a TS10Meh. Someone in a design meeting there pushed for a USB charge port and was told that they wanted to avoid onboard charging because it would add 3-4mm to the length of the light. Some genius there then said “what if we use a battery with onboard USB charging instead?”. Then someone had to remark that it would only add an extra 6mm to the light. And they agreed it was a good idea!

Terry, for the love of all that is sacred, please convince them to make a proper 18650 battery tube for the Max. Convince them to leave the USB charging for the TS26 like they were supposed to. TS10’s should not have USB charging. The choice to go with that USB battery was worse than adding a charging port to the head of the light. A complete sellout.

8 Thanks

Are you saying that this thing cannot use a unprotected 18650?

Btw, I disagree on the “I love lights with crazy brightness” part

I hate that

There’s so many lights on the market, that can do 3000 + lumens but only for 10 seconds.

I’m sick of that , it’s pointless.

I want a buck or boost driver, something that can do 300-500 lumens for well over an hour.

Any light that cannot sustain at least 300 lumens is a instantaneous no go for me, I don’t care how cute the light looks.

Zebralight sc700, sc600, nitecore edc35, nitecore p23, p20, convoy s21d, etc .can do 700 lumens for almost 2.5 hours

I’m tired of these lights that can only do 160 lumens, and on top of that they can’t even do that for very long.

I’m not a collector I’m a user.

10 Thanks

Not at all, an 18650 flat top will work but a good bump on the tail breaks connection with the driver. I’m saying they should have designed the battery tube for real 18650 flat-top/button-top cells to keep the light as short as possible.

As for not liking small lights with massive output, I never understood that argument. it’s not like the light has one mode. It’s the reason lights have modes. You don’t want turbo? Don’t use it. Wonderful thing with Anduril is you can program the ramp ceiling to whatever output YOU are comfortable with.

3 Thanks

The problem I see with almost all super bright small lights besides zebra light, is that, if the light is capable of massive lumen output it almost certainly has a linear driver

I hate linear drivers cause even if I put the light on a 280 lumen setting the light will start to dim in less than 20 minutes

Whereas lights like convoy s21d not only starts at roughly 260 lume s, not only doesn’t dim in 20 minutes, but it is still doing 260 lumens even 6 hours later, it still did not dim

The reason I’m looking at ts10 is cause it’s a good looking light, and I like the color choices, especially mao

4 Thanks

I’m undecided on what to do with this light.
I love the TS10 and this looks pretty good, I was going to wait for some reviews and maybe other temperatures.

Turns out I have to work a little this weekend and I like to burn that overtime money when that happens.

What to do, what to do?
Well, guess I will be reading this and other forums. Let’s see what people says the next few days.

Give Wurkkos some time and I think we’ll see improved version(s) come down the pipe (different LEDs, maybe a buck driver, different tube). Wurkkosnhas been really good about listening to consumers for improvements and put those into upgraded lights (TD01 to TD01C, TS25 to TS26S). Remember, it takes a lot of work to produce a reliable flashlight that can be mass produced cheaply and easily!

7 Thanks

Have you tested this ? Using a Vapcell F38 unprotected flat top cell in the one that I got does not allow me to disconnect the battery. Even with a hit onto a steel topped table with more force than I would ever apply when just setting it down for tail standing.

I edited this because I realized the brain had a bit of flatulence in calling out the P45B as the cell I checked with… It won’t fit for some reason… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Just as a data point, I have had the described problem with the light disconnecting and turning off or changing levels when set down on it tail end. Mostly with 21700 lights and their heavier cells. So I do know what you are talking about. It simply doesn’t happen with the MAX, at least with the example that I have.

1 Thank

How so very true. I think many people just do not appreciate what goes into this. Even at the level of making a shorter tube because some might agonize over a few MM of length. Back to playing with my new light, which so far, I like pretty well.

3 Thanks

Im aware they’re working on it.

The wurrkos guy said they already have a buck driver but he said that they’re working out the “kinks”

I know two people who have them and both confirmed that a good bump on the tail breaks connection with flat-topped 18650 like the 30Q. Are you testing it with flat-topped 18650 or the USB-C battery it comes with?

Good to hear that not all do. I should have written “would likely break connection”, not “will break connection”. I was also assuming that it would only have a tail spring but I’m happy to hear they at least put anode and cathode springs in it. It definitely reduces the chance of connection issues.

I’m still going to hold off on ordering until next month when new colors come out and I see some solid reviews. Also hoping they make a standard 18650 tube for it.

1 Thank

As mentioned, I tested with a Vapcell F38 flat top unprotected cell. (18.3±0.2*65.0±0.3mm)

I just fished out a Molicell P26A (18.3mm x 65.05mm) and tried the test. No connection break.

Panasonic NCR18650PF and NCR18650GA ( both 18.50mm x 65.30mm) No break on either.

I may have to see if I can find a 30Q and check it. But it seems that mine is fine with the more or less “standard” length flat tops.

Some of these coming out with compressed springs or something, perhaps?

I received my TS10 Max today, before even turning it on I removed the bezel to see if Carclo 105XX optics would fit. Unfortunately they don’t, the stock optic is larger diameter and the legs are further apart also. There is also no glass in front of the TIR so even if I replaced the mcpcb with a “standard” one that uses Carclo optics it would be loose in the bezel

I also find the beam to be too floody, more than regular TS10 even. Imho Wurkkos really should have used an optic like the Kaidomain triple , which has a nice balance of throw and flood. It also has similar enough legs to be compatible with Carclo. It would’ve also had the added benefit of shaving a couple mm off the head diameter.

Overall, I definitely regret this purchase and will be gifting it to someone for Xmas. Only positive for me is the color.

6 Thanks

I disagree on the optics part

If they make the beam narrower than 35 degrees I won’t buy it, I like it as floody as 90 degrees

The best thing all manufacturers can do is to offer multiple choices

Let the customer choose which angle of the beam they want

Same goes for tint choices

1 Thank

I know there’s really no winning when it comes to optics, look at the TS10SG thread. A lot of people complaining that optic isn’t throwy enough.

I absolutely agree with letting the customer choose. That’s why I said they should’ve used an mcpcb that is compatible with Carclo optics. I believe there’s like 4 or 5 different 105XX optics from spot to pure flood, and the kaidomain triple optic would fit too. However they went with a proprietary optic that afaik there’s no others that are compatible.

9 Thanks

This is the funny thing about having too much flashlight experience .
You know in about 24 seconds if you like the light , hate it or if it’s acceptable or not . In only a couple instances has my opinion changed over time on a light .

1 Thank

Is ~10mm really that big of a deal?

1 Thank

Bummer on the optics. I guess using Carclo would eat into their margins too much and assumed this is why they used CSP emitters for a lot of their lights too.