Ultrafire UF-T70 Triple XM-L

Great news Glenn. Get those batteries charged so you don't make us wait for your impressions. Also, I found making the battery carrier mod on this torch makes it a bit easier to use 3100 cells. It doesn't require it nearly as badly as the DRY did, but it does make it easier to load and unload the higher capacity 18650's.

I did the mod on my dry. It fits 18700's no problem now :) The mailman should be here in about 90 minutes. The waiting is killing me!

It came! It's built much better than the Dry, and seems to be as bright so far. I'll test it tonight outside. There's absolutely no battery rattle! Feels more secure in the the hands. As you can see it's quite a bit bigger than the Dry. I'm freaking happy!

Glad to see you finally have it. Are you sure though, that it's as bright as the DRY? I doubt that, honestly. But am glad for you!

The Dry has a larger hot spot at about the same brightness shinning on a white wall about 10 feet away. I know this isn't a way to compare, I'll do that outside tonight. So far I'm thrilled with it.. BTW, I weighed both of them on my digital scale. The Dry is 476 grams with batteries, and the UF-T70 is 673 grams also with batteries

Hi XED,

Here is my first mouse-over post I made from yesterday comparing the beam from my DRY NW with the Ultrafire UF-T70.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5728?page=14#comment-139652

they do look pretty close. Thanks rich.

Also, how did you measure the current draw on the T70 please?

With the tail cap removed and the battery carrier loaded in the body, I used my DMM and simply touched both soldered connections where the switch attaches to the board. Tapping one of the leads switches modes and it doesn't make a difference which side you place the leads on.

Great! will try when I get back. You got 2.5A, i believe?

I got 2.5a on high using Redilast 2600's and something like 2.40a on high using brand new Redilast 3100's. Hope this helps.

This light is AWESOME!!!!

FWIW I've attached a plot of reported lumens versus measured lux for my lights from my shoebox lightbox. Of course it's not a calibrated integrating sphere and I'm using a luxmeter that you can buy on Amazon for $13.32 ( http://www.amazon.com/Light-Meter-LX1010B-Luxmeter-display/dp/B000JWUT6O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331259688&sr=8-2 , but I think it does a decent job of quantifying relative brightnesses. Using the key at the right you can see how the lights stack up against each other and from the regression formula, my estimated lumens for this light is 2100.

EDIT: Updated the regression model and plot with 2400 reported lumens per UltraFire website (as opposed to 2500 from hkequipment) which improved the R-squared and slightly lowered estimated lumens to 2100.

Glad you got your light today! I love mine!!!! Was it wrapped the same way?

Hi luvlites...thanks for posting the graph. I also noticed that light meter of yours has gotten great reviews from amazon customers. I just ordered it.

You're welcome. I'm happy with it and have made three simple lightboxes that work surprisingly well IMO. One from a foil-lined shoebox with a 2" 45 degree PVC elbow attached as the inlet, another from a 2" 90 Degree PVC Elbow, and one from a 1.42 gallon Clorox bottle, wrapped in foil and then duct tape. I got into lightboxes after getting ripped off by an unscrupulous dealer when I was even more of a newbie than I am now.

Just came in from outside... this makes my Zebralight SC600 look dim. OK, I know they're not in the same class but this is my first "really bright" light. Brightest I owned until now was a TK35. This light is amazing; can't believe it was so inexpensive. Am having a celebratory scotch on the rocks.

Been debating between this torch and the new SkyRay King!! Leaning more towards this one. I just dont like that color on the SkyRay King.

Anyone have a suggestion of best place to order one from?

Got mine from hkequipment (who I'd recommend) but they're sold out.

It came wrapped exactly like yours. I'm really loving this thing :) I'll take some current readings tomorrow..

Using my Pila charger, it typically charges my batteries to 4.15v. I used an off-brand charger to recharge my Redilast 18650-2600's to 4.2v exactly and tossed them in. On "High" mode I'm now getting 2.70a.

Looks like they're in stock at the Official UltraFire Shop. But it will cost you $110 + $8 shipping. Which I don't think you'll regret when you're on your deathbed. You only live once :)

http://www.ultrafire-shop.net/UltraFire_Shop.php?view=productPage&product=129&category=10