Uniquefire UF-1405 - A worthy zoomy?

That sounds viable Jared, the first part at least. Since an aspheric shows all 72 dies in the MT-G2 I find it a bit odd.

Now, using a single 4000mAh cell to run a de-domed XP-G2 full on , well that just makes a lot more sense. I have some battery converters, and I have a dummy 18650, so I’ll build BLF17DD and head in that direction.

Does the aspheric favor a domed or de-domed emitter?

Dedomed! It must throw, right?, scr*w the lumens, it is that 1000 meters away that you want to illuminate!

Another advantage from a dedomed emitter: the dome scatters light backwards on the led-board, which shows as an ugly image around the hotspot, you have to blacken the board to prevent that. When dedomed the hotspot is much cleaner, without the blackening.

Depending on this comes out, i may send you mine, hehe

Well I figured the MTG2 would give an almost round hotspot with a good number of lumens. I think if you keep it just out of peak focus they would blur, but I’m shooting from the hip on that one.

With respect to the XPG2, I am really excited to hear the numbers from that one. Once I get mine I’ll have a hard time deciding between that and an XML2.

Btw, as I mentioned earlier, you ought to think about rigging up a parallel batt holder. I hate the thought of wasting that much size/volume inside a light. Two HE2’s should run a properly hooked up XPG near 7 amps I would think. I’ve never tried an XPG but I’ve done it on some XMLs on the bench and have seen mid 7’s on topped up batts. (measured with my _cheap _DMM and 10awg leads)

OR if single cell is all you really plan on, machine down a snug/press fit spacer to fill the first cells space and run a big wire through the center. Or rather that a wire, I like to drill a hole down the center, use a 3” flat head brass machine screw insulated by nylon bushings, and tighten it down with a brass thumb nut. I’d put the screw head towards the driver and the large, flat-faced nut against your 26650.

I stacked an R025 on the R120 and blew a dedomed XP-G2 as well as a de-domed XM-L2. So, I put a Qlite with 4 or 5 modes, SOS and strobe (a Dr. Jones driver I think) that has 10 chips and is pulling 4.48A from a single Gold King Kong. This gives me 265.5Kcd for 1031M.

Does that work? :slight_smile: 4.48A on a 4000mAh cell that usually does higher, should be close to an hour run time on the highest level.

Tail switch feels goofy, sometimes doesn’t click back up. Might have to trim the post in the center. Hmmmm….

Of course dedome will increase throw, in theory should make double, in practice every dedome i make rise throw numbers like 70~80 % or maybe just a little bit more. Last project I am working: with dome ~600 000 ~650 000cd dedome after one month try and little improvements ~1 050 000~1 100 000 cd…
And this in a what i call a very good dedoming which mean the phosphor on the die is very clear without silicon.
If u try dedome please measure one time with dome one without.

What emitter ended up giving you the 265kcd? And were you using a dummy cell in there?

My tail switch is really terrible. I’m going to have to do some work on it, because right now I have to bang it on the ground to turn it on again.

How is the fit with the 17mm (I’m assuming) driver?

Where can I buy 18650 dummy cell?

This is not a key light for me, so I was just kinda playing around with it to see what it’d do. I had a loose XM-L2 (bare) in my kit and after blowing the U2 1D I pulled it off the 16mm Noctigon and stuck this loose one on. Not even sure where it came from or why it was loose. De-domed, it has a nice tint so it was probably a 1A.

Yes, the 17mm board fit right in, no problem.

I made the dummy cell myself, from nylon with a 5/16” 6061 aluminum rod through the middle. It was in my kit, left over from a previous mod.

I received this light today,and build quality sucks.

Half of bezel O-ring is missing,I see led die shadows around center(worst on medium zoom),and the worst thing:tube-head threads aren't tight,so it rattles like crazy!

Switch is tiny,anodizing is average,all threads are pretty sharp,pill threads are completely dry,and I can see some lens distortions when I look through lens at led.

Current is 0.92A-0.45A-0.25A on H-M-L.Throw is about 65Kcd stock,not bad,but you can get that with lens-pvc tube also,and a lot cheaper

Few pics:

Best focus(looks slightly worse in reality):

Multiple led die shadows around the edge(hard to take pic):

I can’t complain too much, as mine was a gift.

Modified, I got 265K at best focus. Different driver as well.

Kinda neat light, barring those issues listed above. Solid, heavy, but with issues.

thanks guys for the update, not worth the money unless you are going to mod it i guess.

I don’t know, as mine was given to me. Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, just wondering if it’s worth recommending based on price and potential problems or idiosyncrasies.

DBC,do you have problem with tube-head rattling?

Yep, it’s very loose. Really only usable at either extreme. And my oring peeled out broken when I removed the bezel. And the switch jams. I tried to carve a bevel to the cover ring so the rubber post could slide up and down freely, but that changed nothing.

Anyone see this zoomie, Jax Z1 (banggood/JAX-Z1)?

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/28474

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/28507

Also looks like Unknown00101 is getting one to review...

I am in a battle with bonnie from Fasttech to get the right flashlight (1405 instead of the delivered 1406), it took three mails to get her to admit that the fault was theirs, and now I asked for the fourth time to deliver the correct flaslight, but all she wants is me to buy the wrong one for a whopping 2 dollar discount :angry: . The battle continues...

The jax look amazing, lets see if I can talk my wife into it, hehe

> a battle with bonnie from Fasttech

Seems like so many of these sellers have someone placed out front doing customer contact in a way guaranteed to drive away any customer who cares about the quality of the product or wants to know what they’re buying, rather than just get something approximately half decent.

Hmmmm …. I recall reading that online scammers are now pretending to be from Nigeria, to drive away anyone who isn’t really stupid, and get responses only from the truly easily fooled.

Or maybe their real customer support person is out on vacation … hope your luck improves with that.
So far Fasttech hasn’t burned me personally — but it’s how they treat everyone_here that matters.

> Jax Z1 (banggood/JAX-Z1)?

omymymymymy … drool … please, someone, convince me there won’t be a group buy on that with the promise of modding it better.
Because otherwise I’m going to be hoping, hoping …

If this was work I would have a deadline and only so much time to spend on it, but (unfortunately for Fasttech) it is a hobby and I have all the time in the world for arguing with them :bigsmile: