US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

I just had to sign in and say thanks to this group for the orders for the 64MM Leica glass windows I had on Ebay. I had 18 pieces available at the beginning of the evening. All have been sold at this time to members of this forum through Ebay.

I have filled all the Ebay orders that I received and these will ship via USPS First Class Mail on Saturday 2/9/2013. I have sent each of you that ordered these a quick email via the Ebay system. I will have more of these available, but I want to make sure these 18 units get to their proper locations intact before I make more available.

Thanks to jmpaul320 for the visibility and to Richie086 for pointing me to your great site here.

It was a crazy night. For every order I filled two more came in!

The one thing I would ask is that if these do not work for your application or arrive broken, that you don’t kill me on Ebay. I’m a low volume seller and strive to provide accurate description, prompt shipping and great service to those that buy from me. It’s taken a couple years to achieve the lowly count of the 63 100% positive seller reviews that I have. A single bulk volume like this to a group could be great or really bad for reviews. I’m striving for great. I am happy to resolve any issues immediately and without question. Please contact me if you are not happy with your item or anything with the Ebay transaction.

Many thanks
Phil
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181055461980?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1587.l2649

I just had to sign in and say thanks to this group for the orders for the 64MM Leica glass windows I had on Ebay. I had 18 pieces available at the beginning of the evening. All have been sold at this time to members of this forum through Ebay.

I have filled all the Ebay orders that I received and these will ship via USPS First Class Mail on Saturday 2/9/2013. I have sent each of you that ordered these a quick email via the Ebay system. I will have more of these available, but I want to make sure these 18 units get to their proper locations intact before I make more available.

Thanks to jmpaul320 for the visibility and to Richie086 for pointing me to your great site here.

It was a crazy night. For every order I filled two more came in!

The one thing I would ask is that if these do not work for your application or arrive broken, that you don’t kill me on Ebay. I’m a low volume seller and strive to provide accurate description, prompt shipping and great service to those that buy from me. It’s taken a couple years to achieve the lowly count of the 63 100% positive seller reviews that I have. A single bulk volume like this to a group could be great or really bad for reviews. I’m striving for great. I am happy to resolve any issues immediately and without question. Please contact me if you are not happy with your item or anything with the Ebay transaction.

Many thanks
Phil

For those in the SF Bay Area the HD in Daly City has em. My wife picked up a couple for me on her way home.

Thank you. I look forward to seeing your write up. This light has me excited to try some things but as a nube to flash light modding I want to make sure I don’t kill this very decent light.

I am thinking of simple things like converting to 18650, and possibly de-dome but I am open to ideas that help boost the throw and or output. Smile

Don’t think you will have any troubles in here. Pretty, nice, lot in all. We are the World, in the Flashlight Kingdom, we are from East to West, North to South, and all quite goofy about toys that light up. So, thanks, for helping us — that were scratching our collective head trying to come up with a 64mm glass something, then you came along. So, really, your are our Santa…and we are just old, fat, goofy, kids…hey, I am taking the 5th, (both kinds) so don’t throw me in the Old Mag Lite pile… :bigsmile:

Some plastic tubing and Glow Powder…

Blue doesn’t last as long (or as bright) as green, but it’s still pretty cool!

For those concerned about glass lens diameter; check out
Home Depot - Defiant 3C "Super Thrower" to "Super Flood" Lens Mod

…where I used a 63mm; 63.5mm; and 64mm diameter lenses, and all fit okay (except for one is a bit on the thick side as far as screwing the crown down tight, but it fits inside the head just fine).

Welcome to the nuthouse, Phil. I wondered how you’d feel about your stock suddenly and mysteriously disappearing.

If you have access to more of those lenses but don’t want to carry the risk of too much inventory, you might float the idea of what we call a ‘group buy’ (‘GB’) here. Basically, you ballpark the price+shipping; take expressions of serious interest (“feeler thread”); firm up the price based on expected quantities; then open a GB thread. Payment is sometimes a prepay (ie, before you order, which is good for you, but entails a bit of risk for us), and sometimes a post-pay (ie, you’re about to send them out, which is bad for you because people can back out of their commitment, but good for us).

The following is just my opinion, but I suspect that people here would go for a pre-pay, as long as it was via paypal goods (not gift) and you knew that you could deliver before the paypal 45 day window closes. So you’d have to price in a bit of additional overhead. I’d also suggest you be clear about the various shipping prices in the feeler thread, as we’re a pretty international group.

Phil, I missed out on buying one of these lenses. I'd love to be able to get one soon! Please let us know when you get more in stock.

-Garry

Wow!This thread is getting to be a monster, and it’s all your fault Garry! :stuck_out_tongue:

i agree… garry do you know how much money you have caused all of us to spend?!

KEEP IT UP.

And if you guys keep bumping this thread to the top I’ll probably end up buying another :slight_smile:

Has anyone tried a U3 or U2 in this monster? Did it make any difference?

Sorry. . . ahem I mean your welcome. :). I do laugh when I think of the chaos I've started at Home Depots all over the U.S.!

I think this is the longest thread I've ever started!

-Garry

he exclaimed right on his 2600th post… ahem… i think you should giveaway one of the defiants to celebrate!

just kidding! :stuck_out_tongue:

a nice find though i must say :slight_smile:

ive got a nice ucl in the mail for mine and some goodies from intl outdoor

Do y’all think that Lumatic guy bought 15 of them? lol

well never know because hes not posting right now lol

He'd probably love to jump in and argue how the LED Maglite is a better buy!

-Garry

Has Lumatic ever posted a picture of one of his purchases? I think he claimed he resold the lights that he bought in quantity, but did he really buy them? If you go back and read his posts, right from the first one, you notice that right out of the shoot, he talked to us all as a group. An US and HIM type of dialog. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed his enthusiasm, but his manner of speech was much like some others we have seen come and go here lately, except he was never vulgar. I enjoyed his presence here, and if it turns out that he was another “identity” of the same person, it would just prove that the effort put out by that person could be directed towards a good cause. Even if it was all a hoax.

He said he would post again BEFORE April 1st. what do you think THAT means.

:slight_smile:

Just got my lenses from Phil the ebay guy… they’re a perfect fit. And they came fast. Woo! (Thanks jmpaul for pointing us to that one.)

And thanks garrybunk for the original heads-up.