US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

Good info DNF. I have a thread measuring tool buried around here some where. I should have taken a picture of the threads at least. I have to look at the threads a bit close to see the difference (not the best eye sight any more). So this may be the same situation.

Considering that most of us spent a while with HD staff looking at all the boxes on the top shelf, I’m not too surprised they couldn’t find your lights. If this round doesn’t work, maybe you can choose your next closest store and hope for the best.

Im heading over right now to pick up one order. i placed another order for the “last one” and its been sitting as ‘new’ since i ordered it so guessing i might be searching the store with them today……… Fingers crossed the first order is even sitting at the CS desk

EDIT: the closest store is sold out, been there a few times and they only have the 5C so i bought one of them. Next closest store had 2 in stock so i bought those online and thats where im going now. next next closest store is sold out and the 4th closest store says 2 left online so if this store doesnt have my order then i might be driving 30 miles to get those two :smiley:

Good luck, Livinloud.I haven’t had any luck finding anymore DST’s in my area. :frowning:

In my area, these lights have been going fast at only $16.98 !

With NiMH’s and the reflector aligned, this is a very bright light.

If not mentioned previously, the 5C battery tube does not fit the DST. However, the tube from the discontinued model 115235 does fit. In some DST lights, there is an interesting modification. The manufacturer holds the positive battery tab down with a philips screw.

Foam sleeves like that used on exercise equipment, walking canes, baseball bats, bicycles, etc., would be a nice touch for this light.

On Sale … $16.98, and the 5C was also $16.98 (3 days ago).

Just in case there are any that don't know yet. CNQ is selling a 64mm AR lens now for $3.50.

I just got one and it is a winner. In my case the display was right in front of the flashlight section in Home Depot, but the display really could be anywhere in the store. Sometimes they put it in the promotion section, other times by the front end, you never know. Ask the store people for help. Also it is my guess that we are going to see more promotions on the Defiant brand from Home Depot. Home Depot has given a large portion of their flashlight section to the brand and probably is going to run specials like this on items they carry on a regular basis. Thanks Ed.

Been working on an idea of using 10 heads from Defiant Super Throwers on a custom aluminum plate/frame with custom 6- 26650’s in parallel for lots of amps, focusing them all at the same point 1000 meters, driving each XM-L to 3 amps or more, to make a REAL thrower.
Is it worth the custom build ? ( *in my icon…)

YES!This would be very cool(hot actually)!

My HD still has 7 of these in stock at $16.98ea. I'm going to regret it when I finally go back to get a 2nd one and they're gone. At least they are pretty well hidden!

-Garry

I spoke to a manager the other day about them. He said that because the current price (16.98) ends with a numeral other than “0” It could be reduced further in the future. Only prices that end with a “0” are at their final price reduction.
An example would be the 2 pack of Defiant AA lights that went from 14.98 to 11.98 to 7.98 and FINALLY to 5.50

Hmm . . . interesting. Now we know they're secret language!

-Garry

The self checkout lanes have a Price check button. If you have a DST, cut out the UPC and you can check the price at a convenient HD even if they're out of stock. (Since they removed it from the website.) I checked last night, still $16.98

Additionally, HD has an app that allows you to price scan barcodes right in the store.
Make sure it is set to the store you are in to get the price for that store. Lowes and Target also have apps, and all 3 have in store WiFi for those that do not have a smart phone.

Better get there soon Garry!Only 25 posts left till’ 1000! :open_mouth:

Now 24 posts… :party:

DenBarrettSAR, if you go with 7 lights, you can have a super light with a tight formation and a round head. It will still be an impressive sight to behold. I hope you build this monster.

EDIT: 23 posts to go

23 and counting

I just picked up 4 @ $12.00 each

As per my earlier post, because this new lower price ends with a “0” it will be the final markdown price.
Get em while you can.

BTW Garry, this will surely push this topic over 1000. Aren’t you glad it’s now only $12?

only 21 to go…………

Are you sure they'll be $12 in my store? Guess I'll have to check it out Monday.

-Garry