US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

I just used the original 3C tube with two wrapped cells and a spacer at the tail end. Works fine.

Hi,

I am hoping to keep the length to the minimum. I found the “Keygos M13”:

http://www.keygos.com/product_info.php?products_id=955

and am wondering if anyone might’ve tried that with the DST?

I guess that you’d only need 2x26650 if you were using the MT-G2 emitter, since it is 6V, whereas the “normal” emitters like the XM-Ls would only need 3.7-4.2V, so maybe no one has tried a 2x26650 tube with the DST?

Edit: Plus, with the “shorty”, I’d need a tailcap clicky switch, since I don’t use the DST switch section in my shorty.

At that price you might as well look at this X-Power from FastTech which comes with an extension & good driver. No idea if it threads in though.

-Garry

That’s interesting. Are you thinking that the extension tube could be used to extend the A8 clone tube to make the 2x26650 shorty (and still have a single 26650 Xpower working)?

The FT website doesn’t have a pic of the extension tube though?

I was thinking to disregard the A8 clone, but perhaps your idea works. The extension can be seen in this pic from FT:

-Garry

Ahh. I didn’t realize that was a pic of the extension. Sorry :(…

How about some pictures of the lens area with it turned on?
(First time posting pictures so hopefully it works)
Defiant “Super Thrower”

ISO 100 18mm F22 1/4000sec

ISO 100 32mm F29 1/4000sec

I was at Home Depot today, and found the super Thrower Definant. so i bought one :stuck_out_tongue:
for 19 bucks it not bad a light !

• wish it was 3D size instead of the C size, it would be a bit longer run time added.
    Looks like i have another mod project to mate a maglite 3D tube i have to the Defiant and upgrade the driver. :stuck_out_tongue:

$19? I just bought one 6 days ago for $22.97 + tax. Did they go on a sale or something? Oh, mebbe Canada pricing?

These may go on clearance right after Fathers Day. They have not been selling well at a couple of stores around here (although they have sold a few in the week coming up to FD). I check every I am there which is almost daily.

Very cool pictures Jagged. Thank you for sharing.

Welcome to the forum. May your beam shine far in those Nebraska flat lands.

they had a skid full of them in the sale isle for 19 bucks each at the one store i went to. ( was 19 plus taxes, then it was around 22 bucks total)

Just picked one up. The total was $25.07. Not bad…

Hey lightning210 homie! I see your from Phx. Small world…

On another note, should I lube the tailcap threads? If so, what should I use? Seems like after about 20-30 screw on/take offs, the threads are getting galled.

Thanks!

bump

Should I lube the tailcap threads? If so, what should I use? Seems like after about 20-30 screw on/take offs, the threads are getting galled.

Thanks!

I didn’t immediately think of it, I should have… Search! hehe

I found this helpful thread: Super Lube Synthetic Grease (from Harbor Freight Tools) Super Lube Dielectric grease in case anyone else was interested. So, my Harbor Freight is about a mile from my house. Picked some up and used one of the 20% off coupons they keep sending me + got another free 25ft tape measure.

Lubed all threads (tailcap, tube, head, & switch) & now everything’s nice and smooth.

Hi, just wanted to say I was at Home Depot today and found the Defiant LED Tactical Super Thrower 3D Flashlight for 19.97, in Montreal, Canada. I didn’t know about this great flashlight until today. I then did a search on it when I got home and found this great forum and this thread on the flashlight. Great info, thanks guys!

UPDATE: 3C not 3D, thanks guys for the correction.

3D super thrower? Do you mean 3D Armormax (spelling?)?

DST at my HD is still 24.97, waiting for $19.95 sale to hit here. They still have over half of a display box left, probably 40 or so.

Yah, waitin on a sale here too relic. I’ll mebbe get 1 more :bigsmile: