Warsun CT9T for $14.99

got 2 of them last week :bigsmile:

got 2 of them last week :bigsmile:

For you guys who have this light,are there specs. believable?? I know that most budget lights I got in the beginning of my hobby were falsely advertized!. Pretty common place!

On Banggood it say 38kcd,that is calculated @ 390m of throw.

They have 500M AND 1198 Lumens? Can someone clarify this and give there best estimate?,Thanks

Yup, most if not all lights have exaggerated ratings. I’d say the Warsun puts out around 600-700 OTF lumens stock. It’s had a nice tight hotspot thanks to the large reflector, and 20Kcd seems more likely.

Not 1198 lumens… around 700 lumens is more likely, but yes it can throw as it has deeper reflector than the common C8/C12
solid built, definitely a good host to start if you want it to mod into higher lumen as it has a good heatsink

Thanks, ryansoh3 and DayLighter.

I ordered it! I do not have modding skills so it will stay “as is”! I can compare it to my smallest modded light that I sent [along w/others] to Jmpaul320 to be measured.

Fenix PD12vn de-domed-XML2-U2
Aw Imr & kinoko imr
591@ turn on (stock pd12 dome on does 800 on IMR)
560@ 30 sec (stock pd12 dome on does 765 on IMR)
27 low
Throw - 15,000 lux (stock is around 4,000 lux)

I hope I have better luck[nothing to do w/ the light itself] with this than the Skyray[likely] scam from last week!!! I am getting my money back from PP so no worries. Speaking of that the thread disappeared! There was a lot of bickering going on maybe that is why?!

ryansoh3, DayLighter or anyone else!

Does this light accept FLAT TOPS? I have several spares of each but would like to use my NCR18650BD.

,Thanks

Yup, it should. The light has springs on both sides, and should work with flat tops just fine.

Need to scour the forums to find out:

1. Why mod this Warsun as demonstrated in the previous posts.
  2. Evaluate the pros & cons of such a mod.
  3. Purchase necessary tools for the mod.
  4. Overcoming fear of accidentally destroying this functioning light I just received at a discount.

I like your attitude, efficiency and intensity! :wink:

I ordered right when the alert came out and just received the light last week. My wife really liked it and it is now in her car. The light is really nice and has a very useful beam pattern. Very nice machining and finish. I like how the tail switch can be used to lockout the light and can be used to have last mode memory. Tail cap edges are a bit sharp though. No mod needed for how she will use the light. Also got some of those USB adapters that Lancman linked in in Post 22. They seem to work well. Didn't test to see if they have low voltage protection. Guessing they don't. So the light got a protected cell.

That’s good to hear, thanks for letting us know. :slight_smile:

Wait, I just now looked at that link, and I’m confused. That product is a booster to charge your phone from your flashlight! What? Do you actually use your flashlight to charge your phone?

^ Yes, it will be an emergency back up (to her first back up) charger for her car. I tried it and it seemed to work fine. Used some time of CC/CV algorithm and current looked normal. Tried an old cell outside so it probably couldn't draw much current. So please don't take my comments as testing that can be relied upon for safety purposes.

Something like this filled with laptop pulls would make a good emergency backup for only $2.99
http://www.banggood.com/USB-218650-Power-Bank-Battery-Charger-Box-For-iPhone-Smartphone-p-955781.html

I have read a lot of bad review about on BG :frowning:

Does anyone know how this light compares to the Convoy M2 and C8 in regards to lumen output and Throw?

I got the Warsun CT9T,by impulse as I do for most lights!

I don’t know much about these budget lights…my bank account/collection is evidence of that!

Thanks

Similar output, but farther throw because the Warsun has a larger diameter head. The M2 wouldn’t throw very far because it has an orange peel reflector, and the Warsun has a larger head than the C8, which throws pretty well too.

Jubeldum wrote:

Something like this filled with laptop pulls would make a good emergency backup for only $2.99

Now that is an excuse to not buy a flashlight. Shame on you. Work with me here buddy.

1) More light output. Stock is ~2A, an XML can easily stomach 3-4.
2) Pro: See 1; Con: shorter runtime.
3) Soldering iron, solder, copper wire or solder braid, needle-nose pliers to open the pill.
4) Learn to solder and mod a simpler, inexpensive light first.

Dedoming would be another attractive mod given that this is a thrower, but it’s not easy either.