What kind of keychain flashlight do you generally use? Wuben G2 will be a good chooice?

Uploading: G2.jpg…

You sent that post before the picture was uploaded… ^^

Olight i1r2 Pro here. Small, robust, USB-C, and I like Twisties.

The G2 looks interesting, but I can’t really tell why - I dislike flashlights that are not cylindrical. All those flat lights, be it a Wuben G2, an Olight Arkfeld or anything similar - I just don’t like them.

Nitecore tube ftw

Sounds great, I can learn more about it.

Thank you for the reminder. I am new here. The first page always reminds me that the image upload failed. this is so embarrassing. Olight i1r2 Pro is well known, however, it seems that too much people buy it.

I have been using a Olight and a Trunite aaa twisty. Just received this one last week.

1 Thank

It would be fantastic if you may leave a review here

True, it’s a pretty boring light because so many have it :joy:

1 Thank

I really like the new S15 but it’s too early to tell if it has parasitic drain or not. The twisties both have the same lithium primary in them for years now. The only negative about them is you have to back the heads off considerably to prevent pocket activation. I wrapped the threads with plumbers tape to add resistance to the heads backing themselves off in my pocket. If the S15 stays charged for a long while it will be my first choice. I’m a sucker for side switch usb charging lights.

1 Thank

None. They keep getting turned on when squished in a pocket, so not worth the ag of needing a light to find it’s drained dry.

Only key-light I have is a key-blank (needs to be cut) which has a squeezy-head with led aimed at the lock. Get 'em at the locksmith, etc.

Used to come with sealed coin-cell inside, but newer ones (same brand) are now replaceable.

1 Thank

All E-Switch lights have parasitic drain. It is a question of how much. No idea how to measure it in something like the S15. Bottom line is you need to recharge it periodically. I haven’t quite figured out how often, but if you are going to depend on the thing, I would suggest at least once per month (of course, depending on how much you use it. I was talking about it just sitting turned off ).
I do like the the S15 for what it is. It gets nice and bright, but low is a bit too bright for my taste. It is well built. The beam is ringy, but good enough for what I would use it for. A good buy at the sale price. But I despise the double click required to turn it on…

1 Thank

I wonder what’s the battery capacity? Can’t be much.

1 Thank

I couldn’t find anything on the battery for the S15. But it “looks” very similar in dimensions and ratings to their S12. That one is claimed to have a 500 mAh pouch type cell in it.

1 Thank

If the discharge is somewhere around 50 micro amps it should go over a year in a pocket. Now does it have LVP is the question.

1 Thank

Maybe it would last a year while just powering itself, but what kind of runtime would be there at that point? Close to zero?
As you say, it then becomes real important to know if it has LVP. Which won’t give you anymore light after that year, but hopefully would keep it from killing the internal cell.
If one needs the light to come close to its rated brightness and runtime, it will need to be topped off regularly.
Nothing like my little E01 that has been on my keys for at least a couple of years and the Energizer Lithium in it still measures as new. No big deal, but something to consider… as well as having to throw the thing away as useless when the internal cell dies.

2 Thanks

Ah, but it’s so sexy compared to my twisty. :grin:

1 Thank

It seems that you know well about the flashlights, do you have some nice stories with us? I am full of longing for this, maybe the flashlight carries part of your youth and life.

Thanks for joining the party, 1994!
This is my favorite keychain flashlight…

Wuben G2. Fell down once and now it’s useless as a keychain light.

1 Thank

I’ve have a modded Thrunite Ti3 for years, I don’t see myself replacing it. I think it’s been discontinued though. Any AA/AAA , or even 14500/10180 powered light are good.

Non replaceable battery flashlights are a poor design. I’ve only had bad luck with them. I would avoid them unless you can fix it yourself and source a suitable battery replacement. All the ones I have the battery crapped out on me. some of them can still be powered with USB power. that and the convenience of USB charging is the only positive thing I can say about them.