What wildlife did you spot tonight?

Oh deer…

They say "don't feed the wildlife".

Ya see what happened with the raccoons. :)

This is for real! No flashlight needed!

This was at a hike and bike trail and they are quite comfortable around humans.

Finally got one to stand still

SP36 -Samsung Note 4

Fantastic idea - tomorrow we are all out nature hunting :+1:

1 Thank

What species do you have there in Pennsylvania? Whitetail, mulies?

Whitetail. They are usually friendly, or more precisely indifferent but we just went through hunting season so they are a little skittish lately.

Looking forward to what may be sighted!

I got out a little last evening and I brought some tube lights with ok throw performance but I should have brought a C8, D80, etc. There were some big eyes looking back at me about 150 ft out in the woods. Pretty sure it was a deer.

There is a slammer 10 pointer hanging around. I saw him a week ago but I didn’t have the phone with me that night. Also some foxes.

Ah, that's what I was thinking. We just came out of hunting season, too. Around San Antonio, the deer field dress fairly small but down in South Texas, along the Rio, they can be huge.

wolves

Moma and baby Whitetails outside our house, we still feed the deer at night.

[quote=niajef]
“wolves”:Imgur: The magic of the Internet[/quote

I imagine that's a rare occurrence or they really keep their distance from humans, unlike coyotes.

What light were you using?

Fresh back from our local fields - some photo’s of deer - these are rare to see around here and we were quite lucky, not least because I had my rather noisy 7 year old, BLF GT in one hand and the camera in the other - it’s a minor miracle I got any photo’s, but the deer was very patient!
This was some distance away too, fully zoomed in 16x.
Photo’s taken here, 46 acre fields in the middle of houses - LINK (Lanehouse ) surrounded by houses and a school! VERY sadly this area is destined for houses, it really upsets me, has been fields my entire life - I used top literally live there as a child. Bloody developers! It even went to the UK’s highest court, but money always wins…… LINK

[quote=Nachtfeuerzeug]

they do, thats why i couldnt get close, had to try to take a picture from like 200m away with a shitty cellphone camera, hence why you cant really see them. it was k1 with w2.1

From a month or so back:

I was out at a friend’s cottage and had my LEP on me. When I turned it on and swept it across the far bank of the lake, I’d here a whole bunch of geese taking flight.

Turn up your sound to hear them

You had your hands full! I'm amazed at how these creatures, bigger than large dogs, are everywhere just running around. In other places, they stay well hidden. Thank goodness these aren't moose nor aggressive, typically.

Growing up, I had maybe 200 acres of hilly, thorny brush land to play on (never knew who owned it) but much of the area has been turned into tract housing subdivisions. It looks like you had a lot of opportunity to fish and enjoy the sea and I would have enjoyed that very much!

This was in spring. Owl in my garden illuminated by FT03.

Oto, those are really nice photos! I'm shocked at how they are so available for a photo opp.

Owls are cool. I hear them occasionally.