Which Sipik SK68 / which model of light

In the shot of the extended SK68 I don’t see where any of the lights he shows here gives the scalloped profile for the inch or so right after the battery cap. The Police 3W must be a different design too than the one I have from DX which looks identical because mine sure doesn’t have a screw-in head so it would be useless. I can see where Link 1 (& plausibly Link 2) matches the last extension but that’s about it.

You can just buy a cheap 2AA light from ebay and use it as extender for Sk68. LINK 1 LINK 2 LINK 3

[/quote]

Do you have parts from 2 links above in that picture or how is it assembled?
Nice, anyway…

I used also this seller:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400276119390?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

IMO these were 3 Sipiks of best quality I have yet received.
(up to date, have ordered maybe 15-20?)

Threads were better than they usually are, lens was clean, clicky was not stiff.
Zoom was very firm and did not wobble at all. Tints were on par each other.

Weird. I expected worse considering the price…

I only have this saved on my computer. But there were some complaints on that huge Sipik clone thread that the design of this cheap “extender-Police-bright 2xAA” flashlights probably changes with each batch.

I can snap some more photos for 3xAA config, if anyone is interested.

Searching ebay for “3W flashlight” yields this: LINK ,this LINK 2 and this LINK 3

Yeah, 3xAA NiMH is basically same as one 14500, voltage wise.

See this BLF thread for my pictures of AAx3, AAx2, AAx1 ebay extensions: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/7619#comment-150614
The "scalloped" is the $2.80 "Police" torch, and the "C3 clone" is the better $3.80 (2nd and 4th light in the picture). Both can be used as 2x or 3x. The C3-clone has the same knurling pattern as the SK68, looks perfect as AAx3 or AAx2, as if it was custom made for the sk68 itself.

UltraFire 3-mode VS UltraOK 3-mode:
ebay's DayXmas/Eletrading/Eleconnect etc used to ship from AmazPlus.com, are they still around? I got 2 of their UltraFire 3-modes. Bad knurling, bad machining, bad paint, but EXCELLENT 3-MODE DRIVER.
VS UltraOK 3-mode (I got 2 with Silver Ring) has the Best knurling and machining of the bunch, but HORRIBLE DRIVER WITH BAD MEMORY!!! Out of my 10 or so XR-Es, these 2 ultraOKs are the only ones with EZ900 smaller-die emitter, but its HORRIBLY BAD MEMORY erases all its other merits. There's nothing worse than an unexpected WTF reaction when you reach for the torch and get hit with Seizure Mode.

My Choice? UltraFire 3-mode, despite the bad machining, it has No-memory, so it always starts on High, no guessing around. Add the long runtime from a perfectly matched C3 clone AAx2 or AAx3 extension, all for under $10, makes for excellent gifts.

tl;dr summary: Get the UltraFire 3-mode(ebay DayXmas/eletrading/etc) with the C3-clone extensions(link,now $3.09): perfect fit, same pattern, and longer runtime. Do not get the citipower G7(weak, no extension). Pictures: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/7619#comment-150614 Old ebay links in that G7 thread, thanks Paranid for the pictures which got me started back then.

Ordered one 2 x AA “police” light to see will it mate.

dont waste ya money on these sipik clones .

Your reasoning being?

a number of reasons…it just doesnt seem to work for me. iv tried to edc it in front pocket and in pants …it gives an unhealthy cheap vibe that i cant really explain!!! does not feel good in the hands i supose.
Its like a women you wana sleep with only once!
bulky little ,unreliable light that i would never trust to take out camping or use at work. the switch is worse then the doller store lights. i bought 6 of the various clone ultraok/no name and others .gave most of them away. i kept one that i plan to mod

Mine are all but one ok, except for not being water proof up to IP-X8 standarts they are working like charm, I EDC one, it has sturdy clip, I have dropped it numerous times, single mode, works like new and has never let me down.

Now, the one that isnt working perfectly seems to be little bit picky regarding battery voltage - it will work fine until at some point it will refuse to light on when switch gets pressed, it never happened with fully charged battery tho, only with already used NiMh’s.

yah .most users seem to love these sipiks .i completly agree that it does provide good lighting. my flashlight family consists of various models of fenix/streamlights/maglights and eagletacs,jetbeams .
.maybe thats the reason i dislike the sipiks

Most likely, I too would hate to realise that 6$ AA light throws further than 30-50$ AA/2AA ones, runs on high* as long and is rather shock proof :stuck_out_tongue:

*outputs in lumens may vary, but Im talking pure throw here

……

Gifted an UltraOK one to an old workmate.Next time I met him,he told me
that his wife took it.Also that he only had five dollar lights before.How do I tell him the shocking six dollar truth?

Lennart

Be gentle

Hi, I have just received another two UltraOK’s from ebay seller micro.digital and they are just great! I think that these are even a little bit better quality than my previous one, it looks very precise. But to be fair, I had to fix a dry solder joint in one of them. I think that these are going to be very nice xmas gifts :slight_smile:

I received a pair of black 3 mode ones today, they sell for 5.75$ on Ebay and these appear to be of lover quality than my single mode TomTop clones bought this winter and single mode clone from Tmart, they are also not as good as VikiCompany’s 3 mode ones that I bought this summer.

The problem is - one of them had misaligned screw that hold the pocket clip, it wasnt screwed in properly, under wrong angle and it looks like someone tried real hard to get that screw in, its all scratched. This same light also didnt focus as good as other lights that I have, turned out it had nothing to do with zoom - upon cleaning LED’s dome the dome itself turned out to be damaged and easily came off the LED, needless to say that I tried to clean the LED but failed to do it properly and damaged it, so now I have light that doesnt work, I have now one spare host and will be looking for ways to “upgrade” it in the future.
Both of these lights had cheap looking thin alloy covering around LED’s dome, not 100% evenly applied/glued around its sides on one of the lights, none of my other SK68 models have it, they are all plastic around LED’s dome.
Out of all of my lights all zoom less or more the same except for Viki - they have smaller hotspot/LED picture when zoomed.
These 5.75$(dropshipped from LinkDelight) have somewhat stylish logo on one side saying Cree and USA LTD ULTRASHINE on the other side.
Only pro’s to these compared to Viki lights is their tint - warm light contrary to cold/purplish Viki’s and they also have sturdier feeling tail switches than the rest of my collection of these lights, but they do protrude a little thus making tailstanding bit wobbly.

Im not sure which ones among these two 3-mode models that I have are brighter, only outdoor testing will tell.

My advice - skip these(unless you want warmer tint, which is not guaranteed youll get tho) and go for VikiCompany’s 3 mode ones if you want better yet still cheap (<6.5:money_mouth_face: clones with more consistent quality.

from Microdigital are solid. I should know, I have over 30 of them. 8)

I guess I’ll try one of the 3-modes from Viki and see how it compares.

A ZS-2 altered a bit for holstered EDC.

Cheap Thrills wrote:
You can just buy a cheap 2AA light from ebay and use it as extender for Sk68. LINK 1 LINK 2 LINK 3

[/quote]

Do you have parts from 2 links above in that picture or how is it assembled?
Nice, anyway… END OF CHEAP THRILLS QUOTE!

OK, I think there was another thread regarding these extension tubes, but a bit of warning to those willing to convert their clones into 3AA lights:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160834083989
It will NOT fit, at leat it doesnt on any of my various brands of clones :wink:
Luckily I had one of those 1AA cheapies lying around so I:
Took the knurled tube from 2AA and the body of 1AA light and combined them together with clone and it works now :wink:
The 2AA doesnt have identical threads on both of its knurled tubes sides, thats why it WONT fint your SK clone.

Perhaps other buying from different vendors and paying bit more will get better lights with identical threads on all parts of their 2AA lights, dont know :slight_smile:

I will try and buy the more expensive one 3W 2AA lights and see if theres any difference or not.
Other than that, 3AA is really bright!