WOW! Solarstorm L3 7*XM-L and 6*18650

Maybe unprotected Sanyos would work

Does anyone know if this Solarstorm light will be better than the Keygos 7 x xml? I bought the Keygos and it is really underpowered.

If this Solarstorm light is a lot better than the Keygos and really outputs 6000 lumens OTF, and not just 2000 lumens, I would consider it, but I need to be convinced.

Just to give you an idea how much of a profit margin they make on these lights, I found a Chinese site (lost it) that had this selling for the Chinese yuan equivalent of 150.00US for one, but 56.00US for 100 or more!

I thought that was interesting.

I’d be happy if it were to be 3000 lumens OTF/Out The Front. More than happy with 3500 lumens OTF. Don’t think that head can support more than 4000 lumens OTF for normal usage, better not.

There is more than enough juice from the 6 x 18650 for 3500 lumens OTF.

The Darth is accurately rated at 1500 OTF and from what I’ve heard the Terminator, at 3500 OTF, is supposed to be accurate as well. BlackShadow makes the Solarstorm lights as well so I’m going to bet it should do between 3000 & 4000 OTF.

So, is this light available ?
Do we contact the website with regards to ordering ? Or are they wholesale only ?

Maybe, as discussed, we get Rey or Ric to get this into their retail channel.

I’ll be the lone voice to say how crazy I think these ‘more-is-always-better’ lights are.
I’ll take 6 single cell single XM-L lights of various beam profiles over a beast like this every time. I realize it’s hardly about practicality anymore, but if I could imagine needing them all pointed at the same spot at the same time, well…. out comes the duct tape.

I know it’s just a hobby, etc. so please don’t anyone be offended by my ‘low lumen’ opinion on this monster light.

i dont think its been released yet. I read on another forum 2-3 weeks and that was about a1 week ago…

But you never know ….

interested to see size comparison to skyrayking

My SolarStorm retailer says it’s 2,500 lumens….

Group buy when, where ? >)

that cant be right?

That’s only 357 lumens from each LED! Each LED would only be getting around 1000mA. That is truly ludicrous to think they would only put a 7A driver in it! Even the Raging they made had 1.6A to each LED. Your retailer has to be wrong.

Anymore news in this one yet?

Found this: http://www.torchled.net/product/L-21_7_x_CREE_flashlights_with_power_indication.html

Ugh….2500 lumens is too low.

4500 lumens (probably emitter) looks better.

Lighting Period (h): 2.5hours (6 x 18650 2200mAh testing)
ttage: 35W

4500 emitter lumens, 2500 OTF?

About every other 7 LED emitter is putting out about 2500, why would this one be so much more??

Lets hope this one puts out a decent amount to match its looks

This light is awesome, although the lupine betty has the same amount of light coming out a very tiny package that can fit into your pocket…
The lower the current through the LEDs, the better your thermal vontrol will be. 7x 300-400 lumens at a low temperature and for a longer time would’nt be bad at all however, the TM11 or it’s competitors keeps on attracting me too… More than 2000 lumens in a coke can, not bad!!

if 7x led @ 3 amps it’ll be a superhot soda can more like IED bomb :stuck_out_tongue: