WOW! Solarstorm L3 7*XM-L and 6*18650

The light is supposed to be released January 3. A Korean seller has it for $129.00. Here’s a link. They confirm a manufacturer rating of 2500 lumens.

And here’s the user manual.

Now that’s a looker!

I likey! Hey Mikey.

404 error on the manual. Can you repost the link please?

Edit: Its working now… thanks!

User manual link repaired - it’s a PDF file.

For that price I’ll be able to purchase one.

I really like the looks of this light. I’m going to try and get some money together to purchase it. It’s going to cost a lot of money purchasing good quality 6 x 18650’s that for sure. Glad to see Manafont has it.

Update: Then again, with 4 modes, High-Low-Strobe-SOS, I really have to question these engineers that come up with these nonsense type modes. At least give us a standard 3 modes and hide the other worthless flashing modes. Maybe I’ll pass on this one.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/solarstorm-l3-cree-xml-t6-5000lumen-4mode-led-flashlight-wstepless-brightness-control-feature-titanium-finish618650-p-12531

agreed. beautiful light - cost of batteries would suck but imagine the run time

modes are a deal breaker

Wait, set modes are high and low, but it’s infinitely variable also right?

Hi Tecmo,

Thanks for correcting me. So I’d say the strobe modes are hidden too.

•Mode Arrangement: Hi > Lo > Strobe > SOS (In any mode, just long press right switch to adjust brightness steplessly; Double click right switch to enter Strobe)

oh, that’s MUCH better! can’t wait for a review :slight_smile:

I hope this one supplies +2A to each emitter to make good use of all those 18650’s… fingers crossed. Lets also hope heat sinking is above average, considering all the heat that will be generated. The price looks good.

Nice find Richie.

Looks like not enough heat sinking.
And manafont version seems better as the contact with battery positive looks like a thicker copper plate.

While the korean website shows just PCB contact? But korean website sell at more expensive price.

I’ve just spotted one on eBay, 6 brc3000 ultrafires and charger……

I’m not posting a link as someone might think its a good deal rather than a pipe bomb…

IMO, avoid those batteries - even if someone paid you to take them off your hands. The BRC’s are probably some of the worst mass produced chinese lico’s you can buy. Many, many reports of, leaking, overheating, short life, inability to discharge at high current. Dont skimp on lithium cells, especially when used in high current draw devices. Im sure others will chime in…

Exactly why I won’t post the link, now consider three pairs of them in series in the same tube……what’s the chance they match? :open_mouth:

Ahh… thus your comment about the pipe bomb. lol. I can think of no better batteries for the explosion… pure rubbish.

The scary thing is, people will buy and use them like this, particularly since the seller claims 9500 lumen in the advert and 95000 lumen in the photos….

Go on then, I’ll offer up a Sunday laugh…

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=170966040549&index=17&nav=SEARCH&nid=80412601733