WOW! Solarstorm L3 7*XM-L and 6*18650

Those batteries make the black UF’s I got refunded look like quality cells. I know that link is for the .com site but I’m just wondering where the ASA would stand on all the rubish listings posted on UK eBay. I mean these adverts are clearly a misrepresentation of the capabilities of the device, are clearly hosted on a UK site and therefore fall under their remit. I’m surprised they haven’t gotten involved yet in getting eBay to clean up its act. Is there no similar body to cover US sales?

People, please dont buy this unless you want to risk killing yourself and everyone around you.

Or, if you are going to buy this, I recommend you keep the cells and charger and send me the light, that way I cam ensure you are not putting yourself at risk using such a dangerous combination of decent torch and crap cells. For safety I will extensively test the light, just to make sure it don’t blow up or owt…… :bigsmile:

0.05%

edit: 5% (in other words, 1 out of 20 times, they’re all dead)

If more and more explosion happens linked to 18650, I am sure we will be affected as now we are already affected with some shipping restriction.
Just like terrorism affected everyone in this world.

Guys,

Just found this is now listed at Manafont for USD$99

Solarstorm at Manafont

Trying to decide between this and the Roche M170 ….

But I do not have the budget for this yet…

At $99 from manafont it looks really good.
Has anyone bought one yet?

Palight has a version for $57.53 + shipping

Has anyone ordered one yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jetbeam-DDR30-Rechageable-Digital-Display-CREE-XM-U3-LED-Flashlights-Torch-/200882814695?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item2ec58c7ee7

very good price… almost pulled the trigger… and then to realize they don’t accept paypal or credit cards… ugh n/m :frowning:

the body and the reflector reminded me as Thrunite TN30 but almost double the price :open_mouth:

Hmmm, this price is much better :slight_smile:
but, their website is mess, I wasn’t able to find info on shipping cost or about payment method (because you mentioned that they don’t accept paypal or credit cards!)…

They will send email of shipping cost later, and paypal available.

Mine $57.53 + $19 shipping = total $76.53 , shipped few days ago.

ETA?
Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

P.S. I just noticed this in description:

:expressionless: so what, you get 5000 lumens in Strobe mode!!! :expressionless:
and here I thought that it can’t get worse than HiMid>Low~~Strobo~~>SoS->OFF arrangement!!!
well I was wrong, apparently it can :Sp

subscribed look forward to hearing reviews

I love the 6x 18650 - gobs of power in a reasonable diameter.

People seem to think this thing is going to be super bright but it could very well be built for duration. You could put crap cells in it and trickle the power out which seems to be the bundling strategy. Is there really anything anyone knows to indicate this is brighter than all the other multi-T6 variations already out there?

This looks like a great start for a driver&switch hack. I don’t want anything that would blow up but I’d love to see it rigged for the maximum safe current. I’m a newb so I dunno how realistic that is…

waiting for pok’s light to arrive and see what’s the beamshots look like before i pull the trigger, i have so many multiple LEDS lights anyway… so i can wait a little longer :wink:

Looks like it’s just a bigger, extended runtime SRK.