WOW! Solarstorm L3 7*XM-L and 6*18650

I agree. That is pretty disappointing. :frowning:

Yeah, nobody can figure it outā€¦ If you put 7 xml in it we want it brighter than 5 xml, if you put 9 we want brighter than 7, etcā€¦. itā€™s not that complicated people :slight_smile:

I almost forgot about this one, hey Pok, did you do a review with pictures etc, please post a link here if you did!
Thanks

Who knows how to increase current at leds?

Fortunately, very happy I did not buy this. I got one 100000lumen light alredy :bigsmile:

Any news yet Pok? Id love to see a review if youā€™re up to it.

Why I didnā€™t buy SRKā€¦

Parasitic drain - 10 mA !!! :open_mouth:

Good news! User Slavkin from Fonarevka.ru removed driver!

http://forum.fonarevka.ru/showthread.php?t=13998&page=11

$86.50 at DX, branded as "Rustu"

I'm very tempted.. :)

SloNicK: Any news about the resistor mod?

Yes. Read this thread .
Optimal current: 1700 mA.

Fasttech has a FandyFire version for the best price Iā€™ve seen so far with promo codeā€¦

I have been seeing this for a while on e-bay made by Palight. Fast Tech has a Fandyfire version for $62 bucks or so. 70mm head sounds good, but they donā€™t say how many amps. 15 or so would be nice. If itā€™s just another 9amp then it will come down to how to mod it. I also donā€™t care for the looks of it and the buttons are ugly as snot. But I guess you could always put a bag over itā€™s head and keep it turned on all night.

Want one, maybe someone can do a custom driver for it?
Something likeā€¦

1a, 3a, 6a, 10a, 14a, 18a, off

No memory

And add as much thermal mass as possible?

Anyone willing to do this? DrJones or similar?

googles translation is kind of hard to read, but thanks for the info.

how was that determined as optimal current - the light gets too hot if it is higher? or is there concern for driver components?

Fast tech has it (fandyfire version) for a wicked good price!

At a current of 2A is very temperature increases transistor and other components of the driver. There is high-pitch noise. Flashlight instantly becomes hot. The difference in brightness between 1700mA and 2000 mA small.

7 x XML T6 @1700mA/led = ~4300 lumens O.O isnt that enough!!!

p.s. Fasttech->FandyFire->must concentrate meditate maybe :), must resist :P

Thanks, thatā€™s exactly what I was wondering

22V * 1.7A is 37W, minus driver efficiency losses (guess 80% since we know it is getting hot) = 30W
4.2W per LED, so more like 1.25A eachā€¦
so, if I buy it I will put xml2 on copper in there, 3850 minus maybe 10 or 15% for lens and reflector losses
easily over 3k lumen?
The only thing that bothers me is that whole 22V thingā€¦can anybody say ā€œpipe bombā€?

I don't think that modding it with XML2 would be economically justified, $36,33 for emitters + 61,68 for FandyFire + copper plate (and I presume that copper is not cheep this days) that would be at least $100, you can have 2xSRKing with ~4000+ lumens -> one "bomb" for each hand :D LOL