Show us your motorbike. Stll, action or broken.

1992 Nighthawk. I sold it about 5 years ago

I was talking to my next door neighbor at my summer place in NH last weekend. He mentioned his 12 year old daughter is asking for a dirt bike to ride around their farm. He and his wife both ride and though we haven’t had the chance to ride together yet I’m looking forward to it when the time comes.
Anyway, I told him I have just the bike for him though it’s hasn’t run in 30 years or so.

I purchased this 77 Kawasaki KE100 for my wife to learn on, installed street tires and registered it. She got her license and rode it for a season and a half them moved onto something bigger. I kept it on the road for another year or so because it was so much fun to run around town on.
I pulled it out of my barn yesterday and give it a quick bath.

I told him he can have it no charge if he wants to drive down to MA to pick it up.
He better come by quick, the more I look at it the more I’m thinking I should get it back into shape and get another plate on it. It would be a lot easier to run up to the hardware store on this than pulling out my Valkyrie!

That looks brand new. I’d be keeping it. :slight_smile:
On the farm dad went through a KV100 stage. One of these had the crap caned out of it and it kept coming back for more.

I’m tempted to keep it but I offered it to a friend so the ball’s in his court. I won’t be disappointed if he doesn’t come down and get it though.

I believe the KV used the same 2 stroke rotary valve engine. Not much of a powerhouse but it can sure take a beating!

Keltex on page 1 with your scooter.

That old “Walking to next cut” Dragline other side of fence. is what I did for a living for over 40 yrs.
Great machines. Bigger they are. the easier they are (slower).

I rode bikes from 1956 to 1990 (June) When a tin can got me at the lights in town.
Tried road bikes with a ‘47 Matchless G3L Rigid rear. springer forks. 350 single.
My first.
Several BSA Bantam 125 then 175. Then advanced to DOT and GREEVES 150\175 Dirt bikes.
Later in life. Raced Dirt. then ended up with several MAICO 400’s.
Enduro’s Then Pony Express. IE One bike. two riders.
Change rider for every 5 to 8ish km lap over fixed time. usually 4 to 6 hrs. Most laps wins.
Twice the fun. with half the cost.
Plus you can usually buy a much better bike for 2 than one man can afford.(wives )
Wish I still had those early bikes now.’

Tried KTM 400\600 but too twitchy for me. BOOM. All or nothing. Eldest boy rode them, 250’s.
Actually snapped one frame in half jumping it… Waaaay over my head.
Ask me who paid for another one?. Yea. DAD.

Last 2.
SUZI DAKAR 600\650 dirtbikes. The most comfortable for long cruising.
Went round Aust several times over 5 yrs or more.
Ex wife has most of my photo’s over 50 plus yrs. but I’ll see if I can find some.
Rode bikes from 15yrs to 49 yrs.
(Bike Licence 16 yrs in UK in those days. 17 yrs for car, 21 yrs for trucks)
I think we’d ALL miss them. Same as my sailing.

Lightme….
We used those Suzi GT750 3 pot Waterbottle engine’s back in ’70’s/’80’s as power plants for the “chair” dirt bike (Scrambles/Motorcross) races.
There was nothing that could touch them. Spin wheel at start. stop it over the line.
Those things had more INSTANT go, than any other donk on market those days.
Always carry heavy chair man for ballast/traction to rear.
He spent most of the race hanging over rear wheel for traction.
Bloke called “Phil Alphabet” was king. (Nobody could spell his name)
Yea. The good old days hey. Bantams. Frannie Barnet, DOT, Greeves. Then
The Japs.

My last bike was an F700GS. Sold it in 2015.

Wooow! you guys AWESOME!

The bikes and stories aren’t bad either. :slight_smile:

Was

Is now

My Honda Blackbird. Sadly up for sale. Not ridden in the past 4 years after I fractured my sternum in a car crash. I think its time to sell :frowning:

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

(1980 Laverda Mirage TS hiding in the background)

Nice bikes rbmcmjr. Love the Laverda. :+1:

cool bikes rbmcmjr, like the color schemes

… My Restored 1966 BMW R69S …

That looks real sweet weklund. Do you get her out much?

Runs like a well oiled sewing machine. Quite and a pleaseure to ride. I love those Earles forks. I ride it a few times a year these days. Oldie but goodie and I am a little paranoid to hit the road on the ole beauty.

I still ride the hell out of my 1978 Honda CT90 … :slight_smile:

Been wanting to post in this thread for a while and didn’t get to it so here goes.
Here are some of my summer toys

Beautiful BMW !

You recognize this seat?

Been recovered of course, not by me. Got it with some mini bike stuff. Not exactly my color choice but cool non the less.
Looks like the original condition ones bring some good coin on the Epay as it was an optional seat from what I could gather.

When I grow up Muto I want a collection like yours. The good wife would say you had more than one problem. :slight_smile: :+1:

Sweet Honda 70 Muto! :beer:

Love the mini bikes too! I have a bunch of bikes and mini bikes in need of attention, and I’ll restore once I’m retired!!!

Did a Speedway Green Horn Resto a way’s back….it was a PITA for a Mini Bike

Looking for a Benelli Volcano and Indian 80-100cc mini-bikes that I always wanted as a kid…. :smiley: :+1: