JAXMAN E2L hosts are available now

Come on Jos , why you posted this ?

Now i can’t wait for mine :stuck_out_tongue:

That sure does look nice…… :+1:

It will probably be a good idea to put a bevel on the wire hole to eliminate that sharp edge though. What do you think djozz??

They call that out with a photograph as part of the description of how the fully finished light is made.
Clearly left for the modder to do on hosts.

Good catch.

Thank you. And you are surely correct too.
The link in the OP takes one right to the description you mentioned, as well as the pictures. Thank you for mentioning that……. :+1:

Here is a picture of the simple beveling process for anyone who does not know…………

gotta get me a pair of those hosts !

Anyone interested in a sneak peak at the other new light… the Jaxman M2 AA,
The E2L is a nice light but I also got this 2 cell AA M2 and stock it’s a nice light but being a 2 cell I had some other bright ideas when I bought it and a little hope and well what you know got lucky and everything I was hoping for just happened to be there, so a little fixing, and now it’s on it’s way to a 14500 light.
And for the inevitable comment about the driver in these pics I will just answer now,
I am fully aware and I do know what driver I put in this as an “example” of what’s possible here, so no need to perhaps remind me… ha ha, I know but thank you in advance… ha ha.
Anyhow this is a awesome light with some huge potential…
I think I’m the first to get this light here but I am strongly suggesting I guess that this is worth a look.
I just build lights and seeing this one and looking at the pictures and a little guessing and a lot of hoping I scored and this light will be a barn burner for sure, frankly just skies the limit with this one, took some quick pics but you’ll get what I mean, I hope anyhow, always questionable it seems with me anyhow. ha. By the way the beam shots are just the AA’s and it’s decent in AA but will be something else completely when I’m done.
Click on pics and they open bigger and easier to see.
!

Jaxman M2 AA Light, But not for long 3.22.2017

!

The “M2 BOMB”!!!

Thanks T18… for the post & pics. :+1: Good info… looking forward to holding one. :wink:

Driver pocket 17mm ??

MCPBC 16mm or 20mm??

That’s a reaaaaally comfortable looking chair you got there T18 :slight_smile:

all is ok, I am really happy with it.
Deal all parts carefully,for they are very fragile.

Excellent! … :+1: … :slight_smile:

Looks to me like there’s drill swarf to be cleaned out and edges of the holes smoothed.
EDIT2: that stuff wasn’t metal (just thermal goop showing up around the edges of the whole, per later comment)
EDIT: chamfered. That’s the word. A scraper used to smooth the edges of the hole so wires don’t get cut on it.

Great collection of photographs of the light, many thanks.

This edge will be well dealt with in the mass production in future.
We will improve it for ever.

Rgs

This is how you bought hosts of lights that aren’t hosts back in the old days, you buy the complete light and then do with it as you wish, tear everything out and rebuild, but it was a extremely nice AA light that’s for sure, but a 14500 dedicated light was what I had in mind when I first saw this 2 cell AA for sale.
This is a fantastic light MR PAUL….!!
That 17mm driver sits on your driver shelf perfectly, and the retainer ring is the best I have seen in a long time, that is actually to me one of the best parts of the light IMHO it allows for a possible double side populated driver, just a awesome light.
Great Job Jaxman, this is a real winner… Thank you and I am coming back to get some more of these, they fit in the pocket just great.

Oh my recliners ha ha ha, hadn’t even noticed they were in the pics, was sort of in a hurry, they’re getting old, need new ones if I could ever stop buying lights, but looks to me like I better take better care of those old recliners as it seems I’m not going to be able to get any new ones at the rate I’m going with flashlights so far just this year, 12 lights already and it’s only end of March, Yikes… !!
And yes the driver pocket is just great but I always bevel those wiring holes at minimum or enlarge them a bit and use some plastic or rubber hat grommets and run the wire through those, over kill but looks real clean.

Edit: Dear Paul, this is the most perfect AA Light that I have ever seen.
Please know that the reason I have those pictures of this light taken a part is because I bought this complete light to modify into a 14500 2 cell light, but I want you to know that everything with this light is perfect and nothing needs to be fixed not now or not EVER…
Please just keep making these lights just like you have, the machine work is perfect Jaxman quality, very HIGH QUALITY…!!

Those pictures that looks like maybe bad drilling for wire holes, that is not what is in the wire holes, what it is, is left over thermal paste in the wire holes because I didn’t clean out the holes,
This light is absolutely perfect and high quality and I am only changing somethings because I bought this AA light for my own use and I often change how a light works and I almost always will rebuild a light.

Please know that there is nothing wrong with your AA light,

Jaxman High Quality AA M2 Light and thank you for such a great light, this light is just fine and nothing to worry about please, you are the best manufacturer…!! Thank You MR Paul … G.
Would you like me to send you another very long email and explain more why I take MY AA light apart… ?? … NO…?? I don’t blame you Mr Paul… ha ha ha

Could be I guess, but after enlarging the picture it looks like thermal paste on the edge of the holes to me. Either way no big deal. :slight_smile:

And as hank said, those are a Great collection of M2 photo’s T18. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to get my hands on the M2…… :slight_smile:
———————
Edit: It is thermal paste that is seen on the edge of the holes, nothing more. I PM’d T18 and asked him. He said he saw no resson to clean it off before taking the picture. :+1:

He also mentioned the driver ring is one of the most perfect designs he has ever seen…… allowing room to use a driver with both sides populated, if one wishes; with little chance of interference from the ring.

Sounds like a wonderfully designed light ‘jaxman’…. :+1:
Thank you…… :slight_smile:

Thanks all for the nice comments, really appreciate that,
And that is it in a hand basket Teacher thank you for clarifying for me, it’s just left over thermal paste in those wire holes from when I cleaned the other side, I just didn’t get it completely clean,
I had to re-edit my comment to the owner, just worried he might misunderstand why I bought this light and took it apart like this but this AA light is perfect in every way and just wanted to show the potential.
I was in a rush and so didn’t really clean things up as good as I should have and besides Eagle Eye Hank would have spotted something else I missed anyhow, sure won’t try to pull one past you anytime soon … ha ha
Thanks again for the kind comments, this light is a real sleeper and that’s what I wanted to show with those pics mainly I know that most modders might not give a AA light a second look but the pics sort of speak for themselves, not often do I find one that is like this, really nice… and high quality machining, the retainer just floored me, after I actually noticed how it was designed, just perfect…

:+1:

….so will the E2L hosts be back in stock…??

jaxman said HERE they would be, after some “feedback”. :+1:

I would love to tell you in detail how I’ve come to understand how Jaxman works especially with manufacturing of these hosts, but it would take my long winded style to explain all the complications for Jaxman as I’ve come to suspect anyhow, been a customer for a long time now and have bought a lot of their products,
They are not a big company with the ability to just make a bunch of something like these hosts if they are not all but positive or fairly certain they are going to sell and fairly fast, in manufacturing this is called “Just in time manufacturing” or never have more stock manufactured than your fairly certain your going to sell it all and quickly, so it’s nerve racking to have a lot of money tied up in something your not really sure of, so that means this owner needs a lot of assurance and feedback in order to make an informed decision, is this E2L host worth it to him to manufacture more of these lights…?

I have seen the hard numbers of recent assembled and host sales and I can see the rest myself so I’m able to know what I’m telling you here is fact,
I will say this also as a fact that the owner of Jaxman is watching this thread and others, and if he is not seeing the feedback here or at Alie his store that he wants to see, and believe me he is watching for potential sales numbers and is going to decide from what he see’s in the way of Feedback what he’s going to do next about hosts or NO hosts,

So if everyone doesn’t make an extreme deliberate effort to get some organized feedback on these E2L hosts and with some numbers backing the feedback in regards to sales potentials and make sure the owner of Jaxman sees this then I can almost assure you that there might possible be no more hosts on Jaxman’s site again, that is only my opinion so just know that.
I know this from a lot of experience and I won’t say much more on that but, how do host disappear so fast? A big order has most likely been placed, most likely positively.

I also can say that Mt Electronics will have E2L hosts for sale and same for assembled and it’s quit a few, so think about it with what I’ve said and now you know or should know for the most part how it’s done,

I watch the numbers on Alie and the feedback there, so your feedback for these hosts on Jaxman’s site at Alie is extremely important in seeing more of these hosts for sale, and by the way on Alie after you sign in there’s a spot on your account called the Feedback Manager, you can go into that and add to your original feedback comments on these hosts from when you 1st confirmed you received them originally, and I would just short of plead for everyone who’d like more of these fantastic hosts, I’d kindly suggest that people go there and say what you know now after having this host for a bit and know how your build went and most importantly if you are planning to buy say 1 or 2 more hosts and seriously I hope you will all do that for the owner, and his seeing that kind of feedback could make all the difference in the world whether or not Jaxman thinks it’s worth doing more hosts or not, just thought I’d mention this to you all and what is at stake and what it takes.
If you really want to see more hosts on a more personal note, here’s a really simple and easy way to do that, just send a message to Jaxman saying, I’d like to buy 100 pieces of your E2L hosts, no glue please, just bare hosts… Simple… $$$ Good luck and I hope this gives all host hoping people an idea of what needs to happen and how it can be done.

Now what’s the chance of that 2xAA being offered as a host?