Home Depot- 2 x Cree LED flashlights $8.88... Update: Now $8 (Blurry beamshots added!)

Was at Home Depot yesterday and they had a two pack of Cree LED flashlights for $8.88. They are 3xaaa configuration. Maybe an 18650 would work? Probably not. Not sure which emitter it is, I am not good at telling the difference, but definitely a Cree. Strongly considered buying a pair for this price, but I have so much stuff on the way to me from China that I held off. The package listed it as 88 lumens. Not bad for $4.44 each.

An 18650 will not fit. These are pretty good for the price, I bought a few for give aways.

Yeah I am kind of kicking myself for not getting a pair, just not a fan of 3xAAA lights, especially when my ITP a3 eos is probably just as bright on 1xAAA. But pretty good price for beater lights or for giving to friends, etc. The package included 6 AAA batteries too, but they are not alkaline.

Hmm...I was at Home Depot last night and saw the two pack of "Tactical" lights with the batteries included for $8.88 and they were definitely not CREE emitter equipped. Was this what you were looking at?

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202889958/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

They have a lot of different lights for sale now. The ones I got do have Cree emitters. They have a lot of lights that look similar. Some with generic emitters that cost more. Just have to check them all out.

Hmm those look like the ones. Maybe they were not Cree emitters, but they looked like it, although a bit small. They weren't the silly 5mm led ones, thats for sure. Sorry if I mislead anyone! Either way, 88 lumens for $4.44 isn't bad.

I picked up a couple last week. Not sure if they are Cree emitters, but mine do say Cree on them...

Decent lights, good for glove box or drawer at work, can't beat the price with batteries included.

Not sure why manufacturers like aaa so much.also some of these types are horrible for parasitic drain.may have to give up and do a 2 D mag mod.
Thx for the post, I got a AA setup last year $7, was two aa torches and headlamp . All cheap but no battery drain that I can tell.

The description of those lights plainly states " Cree " led.

Just sayin.

Yeah it does say Cree. They had a some other sets that looked very similar that were the nine 5mm led junk. But these definitely had a Cree looking single LED emitter.

Here are some people talking about the same 2-pack. It was $10 then, but it is $8.88 now.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/related-gear-equipment/132474-cheap-effective-pocket-flashlight.html

The reviews on the home depot site from non-flashaholics seem pretty positive. I am going to go back and buy a pair after work and will post some pictures for you guys.

I saw them the other day, but I had just picked up about $30 bucks worth of copper, so I passed. I imagine later I will wish I had taken them. I did take one of those $1 lights in a big bin. It didn't work and I tossed it. Not worth the $1.00

It has a nice threaded in pill that you can unscrew to remove...Picked up a pair couple weeks back for $8.88. Might snag another pair if they still have em. Nice little torches.

[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff19/kksports/P1010604.jpg[/IMG]

Cool, they are Cree. Good to know, picking up a pair after work.

yeah I have tried to use the image tabs here too but they don't work. just click on the little tree picture an insert your link there.

Here's the Photo:

Looks like an XP-C to me.

http://www.cree.com/products/xlamp_xpc.asp

Got it finally. I was trying to input an IMage Code...when i tried the direct link to image it worked.....kinda big pic..LOL forgot to resize...maybe forum software will resize it maybe not.....lol either way. have a good look. :0

i too wonder about the popularity of 3xAAA

if these were 3xAA I'd buy a few...

old lumens - the only thing worth anything in the $1 light I got at HD was the slip on rubber grip - fit, although tightly, on another AA light lol - what should that cost, 25 cents?

These are AAA..