Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

I bought one during the flashsale at $ 18.95, there were 5 units in stock, it is backorder

As mods go, that’s a pretty easy one. MtnElectronics makes a great driver with that firmware. Two solder connections on the mcpcb and you’re done.

If you replace the LED its also good to upgrade to a DTP star, will keep the LED emitter a lot cooler

http://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-xp16-v2-mcpcb-cree-xpl-v6-3d-led-p-812.html

I just ordered the Astrolux S1 that comes with the 18650 and 18350 tubes from Banggood and from the description of the toykeeper “special driver” and emitter options, it sounds like it is the exact same light as this BLF A6.

Are they the same light, aside from markings? It sure seems like it will be a great light.

This light should already feature a dtp board, or am I missing something?

the original BLF batch had a copper board

some forum guys put a DTP Noctigon inside

but it looks like some Astrolux and new BLF lights are delivered with aluminium board and people reportet here from molten LED spacers and other issues
the build quality on newer batches is definately less than the first batch of BLF or Kronos lights

there were lights that didnt fit protected batteries

G'Day Lexel,

That thread refers to the Astrolux E02 which was Never a BLF designed flashlight.

AFAIK all BLF branded lights from Banggood that were designed to include a DTP MCPCB still include one when supplied by Banggood.

Astrolux is NOT BLF. But often Banggood has released Astrolux branded copies of BLF lights.

Best Regards,

George

I am curious to know this as well. From the research I’ve done, I think that the BLF A6 had some issues when first released. Then the Astrolux S1 was supposed to be the fixed version, but then there’s also a fixed BLF A6, or something like that. It’s all kind of confusing to me but I’m a n00b to all this!

What is the inner diameter of the battery tube?

Does the coupon code still work? GBLFA6SE. Just tried to order another, and it said it had expired…

18.75 mm on mine. FWIW, my A6 is fantastic. at least so far. The only mod to date, was to add an O ring forward of the lens.

18,9mm on mine, from first batch https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/31076/5611
It works fine, as is (without any mod)

Confirmed. Code no longer works.

So has the quality decreased and are inferior parts being used on the later versions?

I was keen to buy one, till I got to the end of the thread! :frowning:

korpzgrinda… From what I can tell, the current Astrolux S1 offering from Banggood performs even better (slightly brighter) than the BLF A6 versions.

I have three of them now, black Astrolux S1 combo version with 18650 and 18350 tubes, and a Red S1 and a Blue S1 with 18350 tubes. All have A6 Toykeeper firmware and Wight driver. You have your choice of 3 different XP-L color temp tints when ordering. Mine are 3D tint, which is a very nice neutral.

These are AWESOME lights, and an absolute steal at around $25! Be sure to use a high current cell when driving these and you’ll be blessed with incredible brightness. And, the firmware can be programmed for 4-modes or 7-modes, last mode memory on, or off.

In addition, all the body parts interchange with my Manker E14vn - nice!

I use a Sony VTC6 18650 20amp cell in the long tube and AW 18350 800mAh 12amp cells in the 18350 tubes. Performance is awesome.

No switch problems with the three recent S1 models I just received. No flickering. No tail standing problems either.

I don’t know about the other changes, but the LED boards in mine are labeled BLF. And the UI is the same as the BLF A6.

Dual spring in the tailcap is a nice touch, as well.

Most importantly, performance, fit, and finish has been flawless with mine. Bargain of the century at $29. I love the lights.

vs

Is there a problem with the difference?

I was only sharing. I didn’t say there was a problem.

Good to know. Thank you.