COMETA Solutions//Warnings, safety, problem"fixes", pre/post mod measurements, & more. UPDATED

This isn’t a technical issue, please delete it….

nice

Yes Sir, Thank You and to whom ever else may have been affected, afflicted or other by my blah blah blah, well I sincerely do apologize…!!
As mentioned one of those momentary things I suppose, should have focused on the silver lining I found in those lights rather than what I did focus on, regretful actually, and certainly not my style honestly.

They originally offered me $40AUD refund and to keep the lights. I said no, now they want me to return them for a full refund PLUS refunding me the $40AUD it will cost to return them.

I sent their CS a message 5 days ago… no response

one or two more days and I am filing a paypal claim.

edit: no response to PM here or message on bg.com, paypal claim filed

COMETA is a fully 100% copy of JAXMAN Z1,
WE ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED TO FIND A COPY OF OUR PRODUCT.

pls visist: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/39949

> fully 100%

I don’t think that means what you think

100% would be a perfect copy — but from what I”ve read it’s not a perfect copy

I don’t have a Z1, but I’ve read that
— the parts don’t exchange if both a Z1 and a Cometa are taken apart, so the parts are not exact copies
— the zoom on the Z1 is smooth but on the Cometa it’s loose
— maybe the pill is different size, driver is different size?

Probably translating between languages makes “100%” not clear.

I’ve found

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/JAXMAN-Z1-Turning-Optical-Zoom-Flashlight-Torch-with-AR-Coating-Glass-Lense-CREE-XML2-26650-flahligth/1812094_32607285965.html

I am comfortable buying from AliExpress (I have bought Convoy lights and parts from Simon’s Ali page directly)

For anyone who does not know this — AliExpress does not take PayPal, and does take credit cards.
Sometimes you can arrange a special order like a host or spare parts in advance, then you create but don’t finish the order online until the price is set by the seller in their system. It’s a little fiddly.

But it’s a good way to know what you’re buying.

Please don’t try to tell us what jaxman means in his post. We can all read.

This is a thread about the Cometa, not how you bought Convoy Lights and parts from Simon’s Ali page.

Be respectful please, so hopefully we can keep this thread open for people who wish to give and receive any information they might wish about the Cometa.

We all know about the things you have once drug up again.
Remember, we are trying to move forward toward solutions with this Cometa GB. Not keep rehashing the past.
Both Banggood & Mankerlight have admitted they did an unauthorized “copy” of the Jaxman Z1.
And poor as it may be, the form is a copy.

Thank you………….

Did you just tell someone to be respectful, or am I misreading? Really?

Useless noise from you. You trying to be a troll or just stir the pot?
In what way does your question have anything to do with the Cometa GB?
Were you even in on the Cometa GB??
Oh, wait… there is a GB LIST. Oops, unless I missed it; your name is not on it.
If I did miss it, my apologies.
Otherwise…… questions answered.

Looking at the Cometa page in BG, http://www.banggood.com/CPFItalia-COMETA-2016-Cree-XPL-HI-1300LM-26650-LED-Flashlight-p-1048342.html ,
I saw the following list.

Package included:
1 X CPFItalia COMETA 2016 Cree XPL HI LED Flashlight
1 X Insulating ring
1 X O-ring
1 X Lanyard
1 X 26650 Tube
2 X Taicap .

Have you taken all these parts?Because I haven’t.No insulating ring,no lanyard,no O-ring.As for the 26650 tube,what is this?And what about those 2 tailcaps? :person_facepalming:

I got everything listed bar the insulating ring with my first Cometa (the insulating rings were not available on the early Cometa”s).
With my second Cometa I got everything listed with the insulating ring already being attached to the pill base.
The “26650 tube” is the plastic adapter tube to put 18650”s in instead of using a 26650 cell.
The 2 “tail caps” are a black & an opaque tail switch boot.

Thank you.

These items should be in a little plastic bag in a cut out in the foam to the right of the light in the box ?

Yes,should be…

Teacher, what does “KMA” mean? You sent it to me via pm, so I was just wondering.

Kiss my a…

I’ve been watching the Italian forum for updates, still no sign of the euro lights arriving. Originally wondered if they would have the fixes made, now wondering if they will ever arrive at all…

They are available at the Banggood EU warehouse.

If you go on Banggood.com, they don’t show up as being available from the EU until you click on the tint that you want.

I received the 2 protective washers sent by Banggood for my Cometa early this week.
As I already installed my own washer inside the light, I just chucked the new washers inside the Cometa brown box.

Just want to add that Banggood sent me the washers through Registered Mail, but they never give me the tracking number in their email. Their email just stated that they have shipped the protective washer, so I was kinda shocked when I received the registered mail.

I might reorder this light once it’s completely fixed.