Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

There is a NW version of the ThorFire S70? Didn´t knew that, where did you get it from? I thought they all had the same (CW) emitter (at least mine is).

K.

Also waiting for the host version.

I have a MT-G2 on stock :slight_smile:

Thanks Dale! That's the best switch, both for rigidity/support and to wire up, like an SRK style. Cool! Yep, than sounds like a driver replacement is the way to go, but hope the stock driver is a standard size - I never understood how to do a good adapter setup for a smaller driver into a wider mount. Still, a piggyback style could be done easy, sounds like.

Edit: I looked quickly at MtnE and he's got a 22mm and 26mm driver supporting LDO. Unfortunately both are just a FET, not FET+1. Still, do-able but have to add a "FET only" option to Narsil, and generate a new ramping table, etc. Not sure if wight or others have anything up on OSHPark. You really don't need a FET+1 on a light like this I'm thinking. Can't imagine running it often for long times on lower modes, where the 7135 really helps.

A quick look shows the driver to be in the 29mm range, it’s labeled FX-30.

Ok, - way back at post #1078 KB1428 was asking bout a 30 mm PCB. You and I were both posting bout it. Dunno what he eventually did. So 29-30 mm it is. Doesn't matter - it's non-standard size. Hhmm - wonder if Simon is working out a driver adapter solution prior to selling the L6 as a host.

Hope this helps Tom

I wiped it off clean, seeing if I wanted to replace it it could be bought, I went LD-2 M2 XHP35 in my L6. http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S024847

How does the LD-M2 driver with a XHP35 on 3 cells run? I mean, does it maintain its output? Or does it drop rather quickly?
I thought that driving a XHP35 on 3 cells with a linear driver isn’t ideal? (too little voltage overhead?)

Here is a review just posted on CPF with some pics of the internals and a few measurements. Overall a good review.
L6 CPF review

You are correct my man, but I’m running (4)–26500’s in the L6, the Jax X6 (4)–26650’s in the Trustfire T90-2 (4) –26500’s

Nice mods. Mine are still back ordered

Man the L6 is very Photogenic! I like this remark in his review… ” There is a place by the tail for optional tactical ring. I put it there and haven`t taken of since then as it adds a good grip.” I wonder how many over there are secretly buying a (GREAT) Budget Light on the down low ? :smiley:

Ahhh - litlte more info, but in the CPF review, they still did not remove the driver and show the switch wiring, etc. But I know enough now anyway.

Thanks bugsy36 and KB1428. Yes I've used that 22 mm driver a few times but no direct support for LDO.

KB1428 - guess you piggybacked in the LD-2 M2 then, stripping the stock driver, and did the 12V upgrade kit. How does this driver work? Can you use just the e-switch and is the parasitic drain low? assume he's using an LDO or equivalent?

LD-2 M2 4S 25mm dia. Linear driver I thermal epoxied AS5 the driver directly to the head, with a dab of AS5 grease in the middle and drilled a whole thru the pcb for spring to LED + and the mcu + feed, off a pad on the stripped pcb . The LD-2 M2 driver utilizes the tail cap and e-switch for mode changes. It would seem an LDO would be needed, never looked into it that far. It switches great off the tail cap and e-switch with no issues I have seen so far, and I’m running them on 2 of the same type lights …I like them, just more work since they don’t support a pcb in which to mount a spring, like a regular driver, you have to become a little more adaptable, and innovative in the placement of them, they do get hot so heat sinking is with out saying right so I removed the ano inside the head. Need a smoth reflector now? LD-2 M2 thread… Discontinued: LD-M2 - info and FAQ thread (up to 19V 20Amps PWM-less linear driver)

I had to elongate the lead holes a bit to run the wire to the emitter, theres only 1-2mm clearance between the LD-2 M2 base and drive pocket diameter of the L6. But the LD-2 M2 has cut out for the leads to go thru, just took a bit of elongating and angling/ ramping the clearance holes in the head.

Guys, L6 driver finally here . It is only ONE RMB higher price than the original FX-30 driver without side switch. :+1:
_

Meanwhile, there are a few 22mm BOOST drivers available in TaoBao, call FX-35 & one more no name:
(Single cell 1A with & without side switch)
_

or

(Single or Dual Cell 1.5A without side switch)
_

Sorry Tom and all. I’ve been crazy busy and am a little behind. This is always a busy time of year for me getting my garden ready to supply me with a years crop of organic veggies. What would be the optimal size for a driver adapter ring? 22? Give me a little feedback on what is most desired for the host and I’ll work with Simon to bring it to life. Yes, it’s 30mm driver and I believe the driver pocket is 30.5mm.

You are right, i got carried away with all the NW and high CRI madness obsession i’ve been through with my latest lights and i though the S70 i ordered was NW too. I checked my BG order and indeed there is no choice. However - but i’ll have to check, whatever CW it is, it is not on the ‘bluish’ side i think.

Thanks - I got some great help though . For me, I'd be fine with a 22 mm or 26 mm driver mount - they seem to be popular sizes, and those are our best options from Richard at this time.

Maybe you can boost your veggie growth with some extra hours of light from your l6 :+1:
You will have so many you will have to learn to pickle them…. Jalepeno peppers , garlic , pickles , and carrots is the best mix.